gene expression

1. Maciamo

mtDNA up/downregulates autosomal genes related to cancer, methylation and immunity

Role of STING complex in differential retrograde signaling in cybrids with K versus H haplogroup mtDNA Abstract Mitochondrial (mt) DNA haplogroups, defined by specific single nucleotide polymorphism (SNPs) patterns, represent populations of diverse geographic origins and may play a role in...
  2. Maciamo

Evidence that the Y chromosome and not just testosterone influences facial traits

I saw on BBC News yesterday that Belgian top model Hanne Gaby Odiele revealed that she was intersex. Genetically she is a man (XY chromosome pair), but she was born with androgen insensitivity syndrome (AIS), meaning that her body is unresponsive to testosterone, which in turn prevents the...
  3. E

EPO gene expression

Hello, I'm currently Studying EPO gene expression. I have read a few papers on analysing EPO receptors through leukocyte extraction and running an ELISA on them. I have been told that I can analyse the gene expression of EPO through leukocyte extraction also, and then running real time PCR...
Back