nutrition

1. Maciamo

Nutrition Dangerous chemicals found in 80% of McDonald’s, Burger King, Pizza Hut and Domino’s meals

This is the conclusion of an American study published in October 2021. I am not surprised. That's not really news. I read before about the plastics McDonald's or KFC put in their nuggets for a Subway's in their sandwiches to "add cohesion" to the ingredients. That's why I almost never eat in...
  2. Archetype0ne

Looking for Autosomal Analysis Services: ideal diets, health risks etc.

Basically title. Has anyone used any of these services. I mainly wanted to get back in a Ketogenic diet, however being vegetarian in my country, trying to accommodate both is going to be really challenging. So before I do anything that drastic, I wanted to use my Autosomal file for...
  3. rove

AthGene.com

So i just found out about a new genetest company Athgene.com It claims to give "information to improve your Fitness, Nutrition and Lifestyle and make choices that can improve your health and wellbeing" What is your opinion? Is it worth the €335 (30 points (categories) to spend) I'm not sure...
  4. Maciamo

Nutrition Beneficial gut bacteria that produce vitamins B2, B9, B12 and K2

Our intestines are home to between 500 to 1000 of bacterial species. The delicate balance between these play an important role in our well-being, digestion, immunity, mood, but also in the production of certain vitamins. After writing about how to interpret your microbiome, I got curious as to...
  5. Maciamo

Are proteins bad for your health ?

Two studies published this week in Cell Metabolism, Solon-Biet et al. 2014 and Levine et al. 2014, are telling us that having a diet rich in animal proteins could considerably reduce our lifespan. Here is what Science magazine comments about the studies. One problem with the Solon-Biet et...
Back