anthropology

1. Maciamo

Religion Why is cannibalism glorified by Christianity?

When you think about it, one of the most fundamental requirement of any Christians is to eat human flesh and drink human blood, or at least the bread and wine that symbolise it. But the way it is written in the Bible is ambiguous and could be interpreted as the duty of all Christians to eat...
  2. Archetype0ne

Guess this fellas ethnicity

Guess this mans ethnicity. What phenotype would this be?
  3. Maciamo

Spiral dynamics - the evolution of human cultures

I have recently come across the concept of spiral dynamics, a model of eight levels of increasingly complex human value systems (or vMemes) consisting of sets of world views, preferences, and purposes. Each level represent a new evolution in the way people interact within a society. The...
  4. franci-s91

Classify fair southern italian (me)

From Italy (Salerno province) campania region Height : 1,84 Weight : 79 Kg Bodytype : between ectomorph and mesomorph Bloodgroup : 0+ Hair: light reddish brown in sun , reddish beard Eyes : Brown-Green Skin: pale Y-Haplogroup : J1-P58>ZS241>FGC13873>BY143137 Mtdna : H6a1b3 Autosomal Dna estimate...
  5. Maciamo

Society New map of average male body height in Europe, the Middle East and North Africa

I noticed that there was no good map covering all countries with serious data, so I made one. This map was made based on the combined data from Wikipedia, Worlddata.info, a study by Grasgruber et al. (2016) (for the Middle East and North Africa), Diggita (for Italian regions) and Destatis (for...
  6. Maciamo

Melanasians carry DNA of unknown extinct hominid (not Denisovan)

Science News: DNA data offer evidence of unknown extinct human relative "People from Melanesia, a region in the South Pacific encompassing Papua New Guinea and surrounding islands, may carry genetic evidence of a previously unknown extinct hominid species, Ryan Bohlender reported October 20 at...
  7. Maciamo

Dutch men and Latvian women are the tallest in the world, new study finds

A new study in collaboration with the World Health Organisation compares the evolution of body height by gender over a century, from 1914 to 2014. It confirms that Dutch men are still the tallest in the world at 183 cm (6ft), a status they have held for several decades. Latvian women overtook...
  8. Maciamo

Are humans genetically programmed to live in hierarchical societies?

I am currently reading Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari, a hugely thought-provoking book that I warmly recommend. In chapter seven, he explains: "The large societies found in some other species, such as ants and bees, are stable and resilient because most of the...
  9. Maciamo

Homo erectus may have survived in China as late as 14,000 years ago

In the news today, a partial femur found in the Red Deer Cave in China might show that a archaic species of human may have overlapped with modern humans until the end of the ice age. Since 2001 I have supported the theory that the main racial divisions among humans (Caucasoids, Negroids...
  10. RHAS

Cultural Anthropology of Haplogroup J2

I would like to invite you all to have a look at this website, Cultural Anthropology of Haplogroup J2. Likes, responses, discussions are al welcome! https://www.facebook.com/cultural.anthropology.of.haplogroup.j2
Back