eurogenes

1. T

Is this indicative of Turkish ancestry?

Hi! I was hoping that someone could please shed some light on whether or not my father's AncestryDNA results are indicative of our supposed Turkish ancestry? Long story short, there is a family legend that we are descended from a Turkish princess. I don't buy the princess part, but I always...
  2. A

Your favourite Gedmatch calculador?

Hi! Earlier this year I delved deep inside Gedmatch and Vahaduo tools, being from a Portuguese/Brazilian mix I was searching for subtle genetic shifting in me and my parents. While on other forums ppl tend to automatically recommend Eurogenes I found that Dodecad K12b gave the most reasonable...
  3. B

Are there still the source groups of Vahaduo K13 Smaller and Bigger regions?

Sad to see Vahaduo is nearly offline. Are there still somewhere the sources or comparable or better?
  4. B

Help interpreting Eurogenes k13 results / dna test?

Hi, My background is Ukrainian& Russian, for the most part. These are my Eurogenes k13 results. Why/how do I have east asian dna? Most Slavic people I've seen have some type of Siberian. Is it just misinterpreted somehow? Also what exactly does the amerindian mean? How should it be interpreted...
  5. Maciamo

Get your results from all ethnicity composition calculators with Admixture Studio

There are plenty of calculators of ancient and modern ancestry on the Web: Dodecad, Eurogenes, MDLP, GedrosiaDNA, Harappa, LM Genetics, Mephisto, Tolan, etc. An easy way to obtain run all these calculators for your genomes is to download Admixture Studio. Unzip the file, run...
  6. Archetype0ne

G25 3D Display on-line by Vahaduo

New Tool for 3D display of G25 based PCA posted on Eurogenes by Davidski. Eurogenes blog: https://eurogenes.blogspot.com/2020/...m-vahaduo.html The online tool: https://vahaduo.github.io/3d/g25/ I will shortly post my results.
  7. B

Eurogenes K15 plot mapping?

Has anyone tried it before? What were your results?
  8. 9

Help me understand Davidski's Basal-rich K7 and Global25

I recently sent my raw data for the Basal-rich and Global25 tests but I don't entirely understand it so I was wondering if someone could help me out this is what I got Basal-rich K7: Ancient_North_Eurasian 26.77 Basal-rich 36.77 East_Eurasian 12.25 Oceanian 0.63 Southeast_Asian...
  9. S

How much East Med do you score?

I’m trying to figure out whether a theory about my family history is credible or not, so I’d be interested to compare results for East Med scores on Eurogenes K13, Eurogenes K36, the Jtest and the EUtest. Also, let me know if you have any documented east Mediterranean ancestry (e.g. ⅛ Sicilian...
  10. cyeeyc

Need Help Interpreting DNA Results

Hi everyone! First of all, this is my first post on this site. I should start by saying that my name is Kyla, I'm 23, and it's a pleasure meeting everyone. :rolleyes2::smile: Anyhow, I really need help with what to make of my ancestry results. Initially, I got my DNA tested through...
  11. P

My first Autossomal Results - Help with Admixture Maps

Hello Colleagues, I am researching my genealogy for more than 20 yrs and I decide getting into this DNA testing world. I have tested myself and my Mother (my father has already passed away) We did the FTDNA Autosomal Test and I am looking for some guidance on understanding the results. We...
  12. Maciamo

Dodecad & Eurogenes admixture of Late Copper & Early Bronze Age genomes

The Copper Age was a period of transition between Neolithic societies and the Indo-European migrations. Although the Chalcolithic started in Neolithic Southeast Europe and Anatolia, it quickly spread to the Pontic-Caspian Steppe, from where PIE Steppe people expanded cross most of Europe and...
  13. Maciamo

To what do Eurogenes K36 admixtures really correspond?

Eurogenes' K36 calculator is quite popular because it has a high number of components, which gives an impression of accuracy. Unfortunately the component names have not been properly labelled and can indeed be very misleading. That is what I am going to try to rectify here. I have run about 20...
  14. Maciamo

Dodecad & Eurogenes admixture for Early vs Late Bronze Age Scandinavian genomes

I have had a look at Mesolithic and Neolithic genomes, an Early Bronze Age Yamna genome, compared Corded Ware vs Sintashta genomes, and analysed the Hinxton Celtic and Anglo-Saxon genomes. Here is another Corded Ware (or Battle-Axe) culture genome, but from Denmark instead of Poland., which I...
  15. Maciamo

Dodecad & Eurogenes admixture for Sintashta & Corded Ware genomes

After analysing Mesolithic and Neolithic genomes and a Yamna genome, here are genomic admixtures for the Sintashta and Corded Ware cultures, two R1a-dominant north-east European Bronze Age PIE cultures. Keep in mind that the component names for the Eurogenes K36 admixture are not accurate and...
  16. Maciamo

Comparing Mesolithic and Neolithic genomes using the Eurogenes K36 calculator

I have run a Yamna genome as well as the Iron-Age Celtic and Anglo-Saxon Hinxton genomes in the Eurogenes K36 calculator. Now is time to have a look at some Mesolithic and Neolithic Europeans. Keep in mind that the component names for the Eurogenes K36 admixture are not accurate and do not...
  17. Maciamo

Eurogenes K36 admixtures of Hinxton genomes ( Iron Age Britons & Anglo-Saxons)

The Hinxton genomes were released in October 2014 and I already analysed their admixtures using the Dodecad dv3 and K12b calculators at the time. Here is another look at them using the Eurogenes K36 admixtures instead. It's a good opportunity to see which component of K36 correlate most with...
  18. Maciamo

New map of Yamna admixture (Eurogenes Steppe K10)

I finally found some time to make the map of Yamna admixture using the data from Eurogenes Steppe K10. There was no data for some countries, so I had to guess based on neighbouring countries or isolated samples reported on forums. That is the case for Portugal, Ireland, Wales, the Netherlands...
  19. M

A Major Word of Caution About Ethnicity & Admixture Calculators

I've posted it before: the "science" behind so-called "admixture calculators" can't yet be called that. The validity of the output data is getting there, and will get there eventually, but it's not quite sufficient so that we can call the extant methods, "scientific." In other words, the...
  20. Maciamo

New map of the Atlantic admixture (Eurogenes K15)

The autosomal analysis of Haak et al 2015 samples showed that Mesolithic Russian lacked the Atlantic admixture from Eurogenes K15 now found throughout Europe, even among Uralic speakers (Finns, Saami, Mordovians, Udmurts). Some Yamna genomes also lacked it, while others carried only a few per...
Back