i2a

1. Hioloi

Albanians with I2a1b3 or I-Z17855, where are they most common?

I am trying to narrow down my Albanian ancestry. Can someone educate me about Albanians who have this haplogroup?
  2. Hioloi

How to pinpoint ancestral location?

Its been quite a while, since the last time I posted here. I know everything about my ancestry now, but still have a huge gap in my paternal lineage. My great grandpa or grandpa was most likely Albanian. I have many Balkan matches, many of whom are Albanian. Now the issue I am having is my...
  3. W

Who were the original inhabitants of North Fennoscandia?

Paleogenomics tells us Mesolithic Scania was similar in composition to Jutland, entirely I* and I2. This is corroborated by quasi-historical identification of these areas with Yngling. Likely, the ur-population of Lapland was N1. Prior to the Bronze Age, what went on in the middle, around the...
  4. V

Can anyone explain to a layman how exactly the I1a-DF29 and I2a-L4 are related?

The above shows that they are both mutations from I-M170, and their divergence resulted in two drastically different people, the Scandinavians and Dinaric Balkan peoples. But what exactly do the two lineages share from their I-M170 ancestors? Both people are among the tallest in Europe and in...
  5. M

The Spread of Haplogroups in Europe, Especially R1b

There are some lively discussions going on elsewhere on this board, discussing with specificity some of concepts below. I thank everyone for their thoughts, and Eupedia for the forum. This post is intended to be a more general foray into what I call "The Two -Ics" that explain modern...
  6. Maciamo

The great pairings of Y-DNA haplogroups in prehistory

When G2a Neolithic farmers started advancing from the Near East into Europe, they encountered indigenous hunter-gathering tribes belonging to various haplogroups (C1a2, F, I*, I1, I2a, I2b, I2c, and possibly even H). Interestingly, most of these lineages didn't survive in significant number...
Back