levant

1. Anfänger

Bioarchaeological analysis of one of the earliest Islamic burials in the Levant

Earliest Islamic burials in the Levant Abstract The Middle East plays a central role in human history harbouring a vast diversity of ethnic, cultural and religious groups. However, much remains to be understood about past and present genomic diversity in this region. Here, we present for the...
  2. Maciamo

Evolution of genetic admixtures by region

The work on the K12b admixture by historical culture gave me the idea to show the evolution of genetic admixtures over time by region. I have started with the Near East and East Mediterranean.
  3. A

Intriguing Near East autosomal results complemented by confusing mtDNA

So I am all new to this ancestral DNA analysis. Any help which would help me understand my ancestry would be very much appreciated. I got my results back from LivingDNA last week; I was born and raised in Turkey, so I was expecting quite a mixture but I am not sure how to interpret the...
  4. Maciamo

Is the high Jewish frequency of hg G representative of the pre-Arabic Levant ?

There is little doubt now that haplogroup G was one of the main lineages of the people who spread agriculture from the Levant to the Middle East and Europe. Early farming arose in the Levant, and the highest genetic diversity for haplogroup G is also found in the Levant. The odd thing is that hg...
Back