russia

1. M

How did J&E got into NEEurope?

I was watching the map of European Y-DNA haplogroups and I realized there are places in the European great plain, places that were never colonized by the Romans. That have a lot of haplogroup J and E, particularly haplogroup E, which seems to be more widespread. Belarus is striking, since they...
  2. T

Russia Ukraine War

How the Europe Union and NATO pathetic behavior with Ukraine. Ukraine already willing to join eu and NATO and America make many promises with Ukraine but during the war America and NATO didn't help Ukraine. It's time for the world to understand the Hypocritical attitude of America. In history...
  3. Jovialis

DNA to solve mystery of Napoleon's general lost in Russia

Archaeologists are set to unveil the answer to a 200-year-old question over the remains of a French general who died during Napoleon's 1812 campaign in Russia. Charles Etienne Gudin was hit by a cannonball in the Battle of Valutino on August 19 near Smolensk, a city west of Moscow close to the...
  4. Oasis

Religion Russian Orthodox Priest Praises Muslims: "Future Belongs To The Muslims"

Hi all, I couldn't refrain from sharing this vid with you. hope you will enjoy.. peace
  5. Maciamo

Do the Mordvins, Chuvash and Tatars descend from Carpathian Goths ?

In the thread about the distribution of R1b-Z2103, I started analysing the Y-DNA data from the new Trofimova et al. 2015 paper in Russian (English summary here). I noticed that the Volga-Ural ethnic groups could be divided in four categories: 1) Uralic speakers with over 50% of Uralic Y-DNA...
  6. S

Politics Russia wants to cooperate with Belarus not with Ukraine

The good news for enterprises subordinated to Belarusian Goskomvoenprom is coming out of Russia. According to the Military-Industrial Courier, Russia's United Aircraft Corporation (UAC) plans to increase production on the 558th Aircraft Repair Plant in Baranavichy up to $ 300 million by...
  7. LeBrok

Politics Should Crimea be an independent country? (Russian-Ukrainian conflict)

Due to recent protests in Ukraine and escape of president Yankovich, short of domestic war, the problem of Crimea is coming to the front. If Ukraine has dual personality (pro European/pro Russian), the Crimea has multiple personality disorder. It belongs to Ukraine but has fairly independent...
  8. Maciamo

Y-haplogroups of the Volga-Ural region + Saami + Gotland

I have added new populations in the Y-DNA tables: the island of Gotland in Sweden, the Saami (Finland+Sweden+Norway), and the six main ethnic groups of the Volga-Ural region in Russia: the Chuvashs, Komi, Mari, Mordvins, Tatars, and Udmurts. Gotland distinguishes itself by its extremely high...
  9. Maciamo

New migration map of haplogroup R1a1a

After my new R1b migration map, here is an illustration of the R1a history. The pattern of migration completes that of R1b. You will find all the explanations in the R1a history section. Just one new thing. The chiefly Germanic L664 subclade is the only subclade of R1a that migrated alongside...
  10. LeBrok

Rus in Russia, who were they?

That's probably a good point, showing that quick events don't register on Y-dna scale. Vikings didn't register much in Russian yDNA, even though they where a ruling elite for short time and gave name Rus to Russia. What registered are the long lasting previous events of older I1 incursions...
  11. E

Politics Will Ukraine join EU?

Your opinion. Will Ukraine join EU?
  12. A

Where to go in Sochi, Russia?

As long as Sochi os going to be Olympic capital in 2009 I thought that it might be interesting to visit the city. And look what I have found on the web. It was interesting for me to find this rating on the web, because I am from Russia. I hope it might be interesting for someone else too...
Back