india

1. M

Travelling with the great kalka travel agency in India

I wrote a trip advisor review as well, but I don’t mind writing here too about Nekraj. He was AMAZING. He did not ask us for any extra taxes or parking or anything. He was wonderful with the kids. He actually bought the kids ice cream one day and he bought sweets in Agra that are from that area...
  2. Jovialis

Archaeologist Uncovers Hidden History of Conquistadors in American South

Chris Rodning, the Paul and Debra Gibbons Professor in the Tulane School of Liberal Arts' Department of Anthropology, unravels early entanglements between Native Americans and European explorers, revealing how their interactions shaped the history of the American South. "Native Americans'...
  3. Jovialis

Origins and genetic legacies of the Caribbean Taino

I tried several links to the paper, but it currently says "Access Denied". Nevertheless, here's an article pertaining to it. http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2018/02/13/1716839115
  4. Jovialis

Levallois tools dated between to 385,000 and 172,000 years ago found in India

Humans have been making stone tools for some 2.6 million years, but roughly 400,000 years ago, our ancestors’ technique improved drastically. In place of the clunky implements of their predecessors, they began making smaller, sharper tools using a style of flint knapping known as Levallois. The...
  5. Maciamo

Oldest manuscript with number zero over 500 years older than previously thought

BBC News: Carbon dating reveals earliest origins of zero symbol "Carbon dating shows an ancient Indian manuscript has the earliest recorded origin of the zero symbol. The Bakhshali manuscript is now believed to date from the 3rd or 4th Century, making it hundreds of years older than previously...
  6. Maciamo

South Asian admixture in Japanese people

I noticed that many Japanese people score between 0.5% and 2% of South Asian admixture in various calculators, including Dodecad K12 and K12b and HarappaWorld K16. I thought at first that it might be a misattribution of very ancient admixture linked to Y-haplogroups C and D, but I recently saw...
  7. A

L = Indus people?

Hello! Were the Indus people the first carriers of L? Are the Rapa Nui of Easter Island carriers of L? If so, that could be an indication that the Rongorongo script is actually related to the Indus script. How realistic is the idea that the Indus people were mostly R1a1, and when their...
  8. A

L = Indus people?

moved to Paleogenetics
  9. Maciamo

New map of haplogroup R1a-Z93 in Eurasia

To complete the series of main R1a subclades here is the map of Z93 in Eurasia. I have tried to avoid colouring uninhabited regions (high mountains and deserts), but it may not be 100% accurate. Click on the map to get to the Y-DNA maps page, and click again to see a larger version.
  10. LeBrok

Iranic words in European languages.

Which European language is closest in relation to Iranic language? Perhaps this can help us to find missing tribes of Sarmatians and Scythians among modern populations.
  11. G

Done 10-day Free Vipassana Meditation Course-Experience TRUE peace FIRST time in life

Hello All, I am so excited and have a pleasure to express my gratitude, on advise of whom I have done this 10-day "Vipassana" Meditation Retreat course(18-Dec-2013 to 28-Dec-2013). For my full life I was trying to search peace in nature, mountains, rivers, rafting, scuba diving, landscapes...
  12. Maciamo

Prince William belongs to Indian mtDNA haplogroup R30b

It's all over the news. Prince William, the heir to the British throne, has some Indian blood, inherited through his his great-great-great-great-great grandmother, Eliza Newark. She was the housekeeper of Theodore Forbes (1788-1820), a Scot who worked for the East India Company in the port city...
Back