slavs

1. Maciamo

Genetic study Ancient DNA of Roman Danubian Frontier and Slavic Migrations (Olalde 2021)

Here is the preprint of the new Reich lab paper Cosmopolitanism at the Roman Danubian Frontier, Slavic Migrations, and the Genomic Formation of Modern Balkan Peoples I have summarised the Y-DNA and mtDNA on this table. ID Location Date Y-DNA mtDNA I15527 Viminacium, Pecine Necropolis...
  2. HiveMindTerror

Are South Slavs more Balkan Native than Slavic?

I'm genuinely curious if this has been "decided" anywhere by credible researchers. South Slavs have a different stock of haplogroups than Northern Slavs, and cluster together rather than with other European groups. Clearly we're our own family-branch. Coincidentally the people with the highest...
  3. S

Knez Dervan's Serbia and the Ethnogenisis of Balkan Serbs

Today I was looking at a map of the distribution of haplgroup I2a1 in Europe when I made an interesting discovery. According to Serbian legend and the Byzantine Chronicles, the Serbs left an area known as "White Serbia" under the leadership of the Unknown Archon to migrate into the Balkans. This...
  4. S

South Slavs are Indeed Slavs

Hello everyone! I just got my Ancestry DNA results back and there are some interesting things I found out. My friend who is Russian took the same test so we could compare the results between myself (a Serb) and herself (a Russian). Ancestry uses autosomal SNPs as the base for population...
  5. J

What are Bosnian genetics similar to? (comparable country with almost same genetics)

I always heard that Bosnians are south Slavic people, so naturally I thought they shared same dna as Russians. After I did some research I found that, only 15 % of dna in bosnians is the ''slavic'' gene. Also known as r1a. So my question to you guys is, what comparable country shares the same or...
  6. Sloven-Vened

The biggest myths about Slavs

Nationalist German historians say, that history of Slavs begin from 6. century. It is archaic theory about Slavs. Slavs are in written sources before 6. century with name Wends, Veneds, Venets, Sklavins Wends, Veneds, Venets, Sklavins are Old Slavs Wends, Veneds russian translation...
  7. Sloven-Vened

Prehistoric Multicultural Settlement, Celts in Slovakia, Bošáca and Lusatian Culture

It is archeological scientific publication The Prehistoric Multicultural Settlement of Hajná Nová Ves (Slovakia) Cultural-historical, settlement-archaeological and archaeo-environmental contexts in Western Carpathia at the end of early prehistoric and in the late prehistoric periods Published...
  8. Maciamo

Do the Mordvins, Chuvash and Tatars descend from Carpathian Goths ?

In the thread about the distribution of R1b-Z2103, I started analysing the Y-DNA data from the new Trofimova et al. 2015 paper in Russian (English summary here). I noticed that the Volga-Ural ethnic groups could be divided in four categories: 1) Uralic speakers with over 50% of Uralic Y-DNA...
  9. Maciamo

I2a-Din came to the Balkans and Dinaric Alps with the Thracians, Dacians & Illyrians

I2a-Din came to the Balkans and Dinaric Alps with the Thracians, Dacians & Illyrians I have given more thought about the origin of I2a-Din (L621>L147.2) and came to the following conclusion. During the Mesolithic the I2a1 (P37.2) hunter-gatherers must have occupied a vast part of western...
  10. Maciamo

Estimating Germanic Y-DNA in Iberia

Spain and Portugal are fairly well studied countries for Y-chromosomal lineages. Unfortunately no study so far has tested for the Germanic S21/U106 subclade of R1b, and few papers even distinguish subclades of I (those who did only tested for I2a1a-M26). I have analysed the raw data from Adams...
Back