christian

1. Maciamo

Religion Why are there still Christians?

I felt the need to open a thread to rent about Christianity and religion in general. There were some really good quotes on Twitter.
  2. Maciamo

Religion Why is cannibalism glorified by Christianity?

When you think about it, one of the most fundamental requirement of any Christians is to eat human flesh and drink human blood, or at least the bread and wine that symbolise it. But the way it is written in the Bible is ambiguous and could be interpreted as the duty of all Christians to eat...
  3. Maciamo

Religion Correlation between obesity and religiosity

In the USA, fundamentalist Christians and most people who consider themselves very religious tend to reject many biological facts (evolution of species, existence of genetic predispositions, genetics playing a major role in intelligence or temperament, etc.). I was wondering if this ignorance...
  4. Maciamo

Religion Religious Typology: a new way to categorise Americans by religion

The Pew Research Center has published a new and revealing classification of religion in America. I am not going to copy the whole article here (9 long pages). Here are just a few charts to highlight the research and my comments. Here is a summary of the new classification. As you will see...
  5. Maciamo

Society New survey compares percentages of Christians and unaffiliated in Western Europe

A new survey by the Pew Research Center analyses the percentages of practising and non-practising Christians and unaffiliated people across West European countries. Here are a few infographics to illustrate the findings. The Benelux and Nordic countries have the least practising Christians...
  6. Jovialis

Volcanic eruption influenced Iceland's conversion to Christianity

Memories of the largest lava flood in the history of Iceland, recorded in an apocalyptic medieval poem, were used to drive the island's conversion to Christianity, new research suggests. A team of scientists and medieval historians, led by the University of Cambridge, has used information...
  7. Jovialis

Anglo-Saxon Cross from one of the Earliest Christian Burials in Britain

The 1,300-year-old gold and garnet cross was unearthed at Trumpington Meadows near Cambridge in 2011 on land for a new housing development. The grave is thought to be one of the earliest Christian burials in Britain. The Trumpington Cross, thought to be worth more than £80,000, was donated to...
  8. Maciamo

Religion Pew survey shows that Atheists and Evangelicals hate each others most in the USA

A survey by the Pew Research Center published last week revealed that Americans express increasingly warm feelings toward religious groups (other than theirs), meaning that overall Americans are becoming more tolerant. A considerable amelioration in attitudes has been witnessed in only two and...
  9. Oasis

Religion Russian Orthodox Priest Praises Muslims: "Future Belongs To The Muslims"

Hi all, I couldn't refrain from sharing this vid with you. hope you will enjoy.. peace
  10. Oasis

Jesus, Son of Mary, Never Claimed Divinity - Proof From The Gospels

There is no doubt that in gospel of John, the fourth gospel, the Jewish Rabbi Yehoshua, known as Jesus, understands himself to be god and explicitly calls himself divine. According to that gospel Jesus allegedly says "I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the father but by me"...
  11. RHAS

Haplogroup J2, Romans, Christianity and Viticulture

Correlations between Haplogroup J2 M172, the Roman Empire, Christianity and Viticulture. Haplogroup J2 - Roman Empire. Haplogroup J2 - Spread of Christianity. Haplogroup J2 - Viticulture. Note! : Eupedia forum rule nr. 4. STAY ON TOPIC "Avoid posting messages that are out of context...
  12. LeBrok

Politics Is modern Europe product of christian values?

I know we used to attribute many current events and systems of modern Europe as coming from heritage of Christian Europe. But can we really describe what are the unique Christian values that helped to build modern Europe? I've found easier to express what Christianity didn't affect in Modern...
Back