south asia

1. Jovialis

The monkey hunters: Humans colonized South Asian rainforest by hunting primates

A multidisciplinary study has found evidence for humans hunting small mammals in the forests of Sri Lanka at least 45,000 years ago. The researchers discovered the remains of small mammals, including primates, with evidence of cut marks and burning at the oldest archaeological site occupied by...
  2. C

South Asian Result WeGene Native American

I originally posted an unfinished post about this :ashamed2: So if you saw it it was just a jumbled up mess. Ok, lemme try again. I did tests with Ancestry and 23andMe since I was adopted and only know my birth father was born in Peru. I know my birth mother and have done a partial family tree...
  3. M

R-M479 Haplogroup Migration

Hello - first post new to all this so please be patient. I’ve recently received my results y Haplogroup result from 23andMe as R-M479. I’ve searched online for more information about this haplogroup but what I get is very sparse with little or no definitive information about migration or...
  4. Maciamo

South Asian admixture in Japanese people

I noticed that many Japanese people score between 0.5% and 2% of South Asian admixture in various calculators, including Dodecad K12 and K12b and HarappaWorld K16. I thought at first that it might be a misattribution of very ancient admixture linked to Y-haplogroups C and D, but I recently saw...
Back