autosomal dna

1. Archetype0ne

Ancient DNA, admx. history and endogamy in the prehistoricAegean Skourtaniotietal2022

https://www.ebi.ac.uk/ena/browser/view/PRJEB56216
  2. Ιωάννης Γαβριήλ

23andMe Ancetsry Results Simulator/Inspired calculator

My 23andMe Ancetsry Results Simulator/Inspired calculator is finally here! It, honestly was much better to work with this one! Not only because of the experiense that I've already had with my other poject, but also because it's regions are just better to work over all! (Generally, 0.01% in G25...
  3. Ιωάννης Γαβριήλ

AncestryDNA Simulator Project

I've created a AncestryDNA results Simulator using G25 Coordinates and Samples, this project is finished, now I'm working on another project based on 23andMe that I'm going to release soon :) For this model I (strongly) recommend using or ADD DIST COL 0.25X in Vahaduo. PS: 0.01 = 1 in G25...
  4. T

A Novice in Genetics and DNA Testing Has Some Questions

So I tested my DNA with LivingDNA and got my results. Now I want to know what I can do with those results. I'm very interested in exploring my ancestry and history of my lineages. I will ask some questions and hopefully someone out there is able to answer them. Keep in mind that I am a complete...
  5. Idontknowwhatimdoing

Ancient Egyptian mummy 1879bc Autosomal model

Look at the autosomal admixture models of modern Egyptians compared to Nakht-ankh an ancient Egyptian mummy from 1879 BC, Middle Kingdom central Egypt. The Tomb of Two Brothers is an ancient sepulchre in Deir Rifeh, Egypt. It contains the chamber tomb of the ancient Egyptian high status...
  6. D

Database for ancient DNA comparison ab. 200'000 SNPs

Hi there, I succeeded in sequencing ancient autosomal DNA from a far relative, with a result of about 200'000 SNPs. But neither GEDMatch or other database accept this upload because they need almost 500k SNPs... Does someone know if there are worldwide databases to make random comparisons...
  7. C

Comparing MyTrueAncestry Results with GEDmatch Results- Why the Difference?

This is my first post and I am not an expert, so please excuse my gaps in knowledge, but I would like some help. I am posting the areas of discrepancy between autosomal DNA results in matches from My True Ancestry and GEDmatch. Please give me your thoughts. It may be due to the setting I used...
  8. Archetype0ne

Looking for Autosomal Analysis Services: ideal diets, health risks etc.

Basically title. Has anyone used any of these services. I mainly wanted to get back in a Ketogenic diet, however being vegetarian in my country, trying to accommodate both is going to be really challenging. So before I do anything that drastic, I wanted to use my Autosomal file for...
  9. José Mª

Best combination for DNA testing?

Hello everyone, :smile: I've been thinking about testing my DNA and I don't have a lot of money to spend on different companies, so I started looking for the best way to test it using only one of those options. From my days searching for the answer I've decided to post my thoughts here so you...
  10. Y

A "southward" shift of English genetics between the LBA and the Modern Era???

A "southward" shift of English genetics between the LBA and the Modern Era??? I have been running some tests and analysis using the G25 samples, and I have noticed a very intriguing thing as I plotted English averaged population samples on a North European PCA. See for yourselves in this image...
  11. A

How did Proto-Indo-Europeans (R* R1b/R1a) lose Mongoloid characteristics?

The emergence of haplogroup R * is related to the Siberian culture of Mal'ta – Buret '. But it has been shown that the boy from Malta had a Mongoloid phenotype very similar to today's Siberian populations, dark eyes and hair. We know that people from Yamnaya Culture had a fairly high percentage...
  12. Joker

Houston we have a problem at Gedmatch....

I picked up this Gedmatch kit number on this forum labeled as "From Catanzaro, South Italy: Kit Number: A552689" Indeed on one to many comparison results the overwhelming majority of names of close matches are obviously Italian surnames. But.... Here is this kits: Eurogenes K13 Admixture...
  13. JajarBingan

Southeast Europe: Neolithic to Modern days transition

I put together a PCA map, which documents the autosomal profile of the released academic samples who are relevant to Southeast Europe. This is the timeline of how your ancestors looked like from an autosomal POV during different time periods. We are missing a lot of data still, but some...
  14. A

Anyone else having trouble with Gedmatch?

Since the Gedmatch update two days ago, I noticed that any raw DNA file I upload to their site gives a permanent message: "(950) ERROR: Post-upload tokenization is not complete for ___. This usually takes less than 20 minutes." and I'm unable to use the admixture calculator because of that. Is...
  15. Maciamo

Share your GenePlaza K29 admxitures

In 2017 I started a thread encouraging users to share their 23andMe Ancestry Composition to get a better idea of what each admixture corresponds to. This resulted in the making of distribution maps for each European admixture. I would now like to do the same for people who have uploaded their...
  16. Maciamo

Share your WeGene Ancestry Composition

In 2017 I started a thread encouraging users to share their 23andMe Ancestry Composition to get a better idea of what each admixture corresponds to. This resulted in the making of distribution maps for each European admixture. I would now like to do the same for people who have uploaded their...
  17. Maciamo

Share your Gencove Ancestry Composition

18. Maciamo

Share your DNA Land Ancestry Composition

19. Maciamo

Share your MyHeritage DNA Ethnicity Estimates

In 2017 I started a thread encouraging users to share their 23andMe Ancestry Composition to get a better idea of what each admixture corresponds to. This resulted in the making of distribution maps for each European admixture. I would now like to do the same for MyHeritage DNA customers...
  20. Maciamo

Share your AncestryDNA Ethnicity Estimates

In 2017 I started a thread encouraging users to share their 23andMe Ancestry Composition to get a better idea of what each admixture corresponds to. This resulted in the making of distribution maps for each European admixture. I would now like to do the same for AncestryDNA customers. Please...
Back