dodecad

1. Maciamo

Evolution of genetic admixtures by region

The work on the K12b admixture by historical culture gave me the idea to show the evolution of genetic admixtures over time by region. I have started with the Near East and East Mediterranean.
  2. Maciamo

Eupedia Ancient Ethnicities Checker: reliably compare your DNA to ancient populations

I have spent most of the last week calculating the the average values for the K12b admixtures for most of the ancient genomes tested to date. I thank Jovialis for providing me the genomes converted in the right format to run the K12b on Admixture-Studio. You will find the table in the page...
  3. Maciamo

Genome-wide genetic analysis of ancient Britons through the ages

After Gaul, Italy, Iberia and Germanic tribes, here are the Dodecad K12b ancient British people from the Neolithic to the Late Bronze Age. I have calculated the average values (modal) for each period. I then compared these modals to modern populations using Vahaduo.
  4. Maciamo

Genome-wide genetic analysis of Iberians from the Neolithic to the Early Middle Ages

I have written a Genetic analysis of Ancient Iberia, in which I ran the Dodecad K12b admixtures for most of the good quality samples from the Neolithic to the Early Middle Ages and computed average values (a modal) by era. I then compared these modals to modern populations using Vahaduo.
  5. Maciamo

Genetic analysis of Ancient Gaul

I have created a page dedicated the the genetics of ancient Gauls. I calculated the Dodecad K12b average percentages for 16 Gaulish samples and ran them against modern populations in Vahaduo to obtain the closest matches.
  6. Maciamo

Get your results from all ethnicity composition calculators with Admixture Studio

There are plenty of calculators of ancient and modern ancestry on the Web: Dodecad, Eurogenes, MDLP, GedrosiaDNA, Harappa, LM Genetics, Mephisto, Tolan, etc. An easy way to obtain run all these calculators for your genomes is to download Admixture Studio. Unzip the file, run...
  7. Maciamo

New map of Southwest Asian admixture (Dodecad K12b)

I have made a new map of the Southwest Asian admixture from Dodecad K12b. I had made the same map based on the K12 calculator many years ago, but the some people tend to confuse the two as they have the same name. Both are similar in the Middle East and North Africa, but vary quite a lot in...
  8. Maciamo

New map of Northeast European admixture (Dodecad K12b North_European)

I had not made maps of Dodecad admixture for several years. As K12b is so popular at the moment I thought I'd finally get round to making a map of the North European admixture (which I renamed Northeast European). You will find the analysis and percentages of this admixture in ancient samples here.
  9. Jovialis

Dodecad Globe 13 Ancient & Modern

Christmas update!: I have 2,441 aDNA coordinates for Dodecad Globe 13, from 41 academic studies. I have also included the Modern Dodecad Globe 13 populations, with an expanded version for West Eurasians, with the individual HGDP samples. .zip/file"][Download zip file here] Paste them into...
  10. Jovialis

The Beaker phenomenon and the genomic transformation of northwest Europe

Here are all 400 samples from Olalde et al. 2018 in Dodecad K12b format. I haven't gotten around to labeling them yet. But here is a link to the supplementary information for the samples: https://www.nature.com/articles/nature25738#Sec21 I am currently in the process of extracting more aDNA...
  11. Jovialis

(1,315 aDNA samples) Vahaduo 3D PCA Dodecad Global 13

Download txt. file for the coordinates. Paste them here in the Source tab: https://vahaduo.github.io/custompca/ I am going to organize them into individual groups. For now, here are all of the samples grouped into one. This should be useful for analyzing individual samples among the whole set.
  12. Jovialis

Dodecad K12b Ancient West Eurasia [by Eupedia Team]

Here are all of the coordinates for Dodecad K12b Ancient West Eurasia. The sample list will continue to be updated. Produced by Jovialis, Durate, and contributions by Maciamo. Updated: April 25, 2020 Total number of ancient DNA samples: 959 Paste coordinates in the source tab of...
  13. Maciamo

Analysing Iron Age Italian samples

The Antonio et al. (2019) paper on Ancient Rome was released 2 and a half months ago, so I am coming a bit late for the analysis, but I had been busy before. Using the Dodecad K12b data provided by Jovialis, I created a table of the 11 Iron Age samples from this study. ID Date Y-DNA...
  14. Jovialis

Ancient Rome Test (Various Calculators)

//////////////////CREDITS////////////////// Created by Jovialis January 8, 2020 Programs used: WGS Extract: http://www.beholdgenealogy.com/blog/?p=3018 Admixturestudio v2.48: https://dnagenics.com/admixture-studio/ Sources: Samples from Antonio M. et al 2019...
  15. cyeeyc

Need Help Interpreting DNA Results

Hi everyone! First of all, this is my first post on this site. I should start by saying that my name is Kyla, I'm 23, and it's a pleasure meeting everyone. :rolleyes2::smile: Anyhow, I really need help with what to make of my ancestry results. Initially, I got my DNA tested through...
  16. P

My first Autossomal Results - Help with Admixture Maps

Hello Colleagues, I am researching my genealogy for more than 20 yrs and I decide getting into this DNA testing world. I have tested myself and my Mother (my father has already passed away) We did the FTDNA Autosomal Test and I am looking for some guidance on understanding the results. We...
  17. Maciamo

Dodecad & Eurogenes admixture of Late Copper & Early Bronze Age genomes

The Copper Age was a period of transition between Neolithic societies and the Indo-European migrations. Although the Chalcolithic started in Neolithic Southeast Europe and Anatolia, it quickly spread to the Pontic-Caspian Steppe, from where PIE Steppe people expanded cross most of Europe and...
  18. Maciamo

African admixture in ancient Germanic/Scandinavian people

I have analysed dozens of ancient genomes using Dodecad dv3 and K12b and Eurogenes K36, and I noticed that almost every time ancient Scandinavians or Germanic tribes possessed non-negligible percentages of African admixture. These were sometimes reported as Central African or Northwest African...
  19. Maciamo

Dodecad & Eurogenes admixture for Early vs Late Bronze Age Scandinavian genomes

I have had a look at Mesolithic and Neolithic genomes, an Early Bronze Age Yamna genome, compared Corded Ware vs Sintashta genomes, and analysed the Hinxton Celtic and Anglo-Saxon genomes. Here is another Corded Ware (or Battle-Axe) culture genome, but from Denmark instead of Poland., which I...
  20. Maciamo

Dodecad & Eurogenes admixture for Sintashta & Corded Ware genomes

After analysing Mesolithic and Neolithic genomes and a Yamna genome, here are genomic admixtures for the Sintashta and Corded Ware cultures, two R1a-dominant north-east European Bronze Age PIE cultures. Keep in mind that the component names for the Eurogenes K36 admixture are not accurate and...
Back