anatolia

1. C

Earliest inhabitants of Greece

I often read on the internet that the Carians were the earliest inhabitants of the Cyclades islands in Greece, before the Minoans. But it seems to me, that this is a matter of discussion. Do we have any more information about that and whether it is true or not? This topic has become interesting...
  2. Anfänger

Genetic History of Anatolia during Holocene

Genetic History of Anatolia during Holocene Anatolia has been a key region in Eurasian history, acting as a bridge for cultural exchanges between Europe and Asia during the Holocene. However, the demographic transformation of Anatolian and neighbouring populations during these ten millennia is...
  3. J

G25 Two G25 Results: Greek-Cypriot and Lebanese

Hi all, My mother is Greek-Cypriot and my father is Lebanese. They have both tested with MyHeritage, had transferred my father's results to FTDNA, and had both results transferred to GEDmatch. Please see below their G25 results...
  4. B

R-BY250 Turkish

Hello, 23andme predicts my Paternal Haplogroup as R-BY250. My autosomal test results are 76,6% Anatolian, 15,2% Iranian/Caucasian/Mesopotamian, 0,3% broadly Northwest Asian, 7,4% Central Asian, 0,5% Southern Indian/ Sri Lankan. Help me interpret these results please, all suggestions are...
  5. Maciamo

Evolution of genetic admixtures by region

The work on the K12b admixture by historical culture gave me the idea to show the evolution of genetic admixtures over time by region. I have started with the Near East and East Mediterranean.
  6. T

Hurro-Urartian as a sister to Indo-European

Hurro-Urartian (HU) is a now extinct language family that was spoken in the Bronze Age/Iron Age Near East that consisted of two distinct languages: Hurrian and Urartian. Some compelling evidence has linked a third language, Kassite, to the HU family, but this relationship is uncertain...
  7. Jovialis

Cuisine of early farmers revealed by analysis of proteins in pottery from Çatalhöyük

An international team led by researchers from the Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History, the Freie Universität Berlin and the University of York has uncovered details about the diet of early farmers in the central Anatolian settlement of Çatalhöyük. By analyzing proteins from...
  8. D

Is there some link between R1 and a Paleolithic Prothrombin mutation

It has puzzled me, a novice. Poking through various sites and charts and maps and lists, R1b1b2a*, which is, as I know is called various names, and known as R-L23, is commonly sourced as from the Anatolian peninsula, and the Black Sea Steppes some 6000 years ago. My curiosity is about my...
  9. Dorianfinder

Dodecad NEW DODECAD SUBMISSION OPPORTUNITY (January 2012)

Who is eligible Anyone who: has 23andMe or Family Finder autosomal data, is not related to any other Project participants, has 4 grandparents from the same African, European, or Asian ethnic group or country (e.g., 4 Albanian grandparents, 4 grandparents born in Ethiopia, 4 Kazakh...
Back