chocolate

1. Maciamo

Sustainability How to choose the best chocolate for your health and for the planet?

In 2015, 3 million tonnes of cocoa beans were harvested to produce chocolate, and demand has been increasing by 2 to 5% each year. The global consumption of chocolate in 2019 reached 7.7 million metric tonnes (i.e. 7.7 billion kg - approximately 1 kg for each person in the world). Cocoa is...
  2. Maciamo

Nutrition Tea, coffee and chocolate: which is better for health?

I long wondered about which of these three caffeine-rich substances conferred the most health benefits, so I did a little research. Coffee Coffee is rich in antioxidants, notably: - chlorogenic acid : known to slightly reduce blood pressure - cafestol : found especially in unfiltered coffee...
  3. Jovialis

Nutrition Roasting Cocoa beans can preserve both chocolate health benefits, and taste

Manipulating the temperature and the length of time under which cocoa beans are roasted can simultaneously preserve and even boost the potency of some bioactive and antioxidant compounds while protecting desired sensory aspects of chocolate, according to Penn State researchers. That finding...
Back