ethnicities

1. Maciamo

What are the three things that most strongly define your identity?

I posted a thread on how Europeans viewed themselves and how much they identified with things such as one's family, gender, age group, nationality, region, level of education, occupation, sexual orientation, ethnicity, political orientation, or religion. If you had to choose three things to...
  2. Ιωάννης Γαβριήλ

23andMe Ancetsry Results Simulator/Inspired calculator

My 23andMe Ancetsry Results Simulator/Inspired calculator is finally here! It, honestly was much better to work with this one! Not only because of the experiense that I've already had with my other poject, but also because it's regions are just better to work over all! (Generally, 0.01% in G25...
  3. Ιωάννης Γαβριήλ

AncestryDNA Simulator Project

I've created a AncestryDNA results Simulator using G25 Coordinates and Samples, this project is finished, now I'm working on another project based on 23andMe that I'm going to release soon :) For this model I (strongly) recommend using or ADD DIST COL 0.25X in Vahaduo. PS: 0.01 = 1 in G25...
  4. Maciamo

MyTrueAncestry - closest modern countries to ancient ethnicities

This thread is dedicated to comparing the the closest results of people from various European countries and regions to specific ancient archaeological cultures (e.g. Corded Ware, Unetice, Nordic Bronze Age, Villanovan, Hallstatt) or specific unmixed ethnic groups (Romans, Gauls, Franks, Saxons...
  5. M

DNA test research - interviewees wanted

Dear DNA test-takers, My name is Maria and I am a Master's student in the Netherlands. The course I'm doing is called Intercultural Communication in which I study diversity and all aspects involved. I'm currently in the process of writing a thesis about the effects of DNA- testing on the...
  6. H

Comparing MyHeritage DNA results with 23andme and FTDNA

Hi there, This is a message for those of you who are more scientifically inclined than me in the field of genetics/the trend of DNA testing to find out ethnicity. I'm interested in genealogy and I figured doing a few DNA tests could perhaps help me discover new information about my ancestors...
  7. Alexandra_K

Ethnicity estimates and phenotype?

Hello everyone, I would like to ask something that I am curious about. Firstly, based on various ethnicity estimates (MyHeritage, 23andme, Ancestry, Gedmatch, Geneplaza, Gencove etc.) I appear to be more similar "ethnicity-wise" to my mother than to my father. I do not have much knowledge on the...
  8. Maciamo

Share your GenePlaza K29 admxitures

In 2017 I started a thread encouraging users to share their 23andMe Ancestry Composition to get a better idea of what each admixture corresponds to. This resulted in the making of distribution maps for each European admixture. I would now like to do the same for people who have uploaded their...
  9. Maciamo

Share your WeGene Ancestry Composition

In 2017 I started a thread encouraging users to share their 23andMe Ancestry Composition to get a better idea of what each admixture corresponds to. This resulted in the making of distribution maps for each European admixture. I would now like to do the same for people who have uploaded their...
  10. Maciamo

Share your Gencove Ancestry Composition

11. Maciamo

Share your DNA Land Ancestry Composition

12. Maciamo

Share your MyHeritage DNA Ethnicity Estimates

In 2017 I started a thread encouraging users to share their 23andMe Ancestry Composition to get a better idea of what each admixture corresponds to. This resulted in the making of distribution maps for each European admixture. I would now like to do the same for MyHeritage DNA customers...
  13. Maciamo

Share your AncestryDNA Ethnicity Estimates

In 2017 I started a thread encouraging users to share their 23andMe Ancestry Composition to get a better idea of what each admixture corresponds to. This resulted in the making of distribution maps for each European admixture. I would now like to do the same for AncestryDNA customers. Please...
  14. N

Does the blood type strictly determine my ancestry?

Hi! I'm new in this forum, so here's my first thread. My blood type is B (Rh positive). In theory, I should have asian ancestry, since that blood type had its origin in that region. HOWEVER, as far as I know, none of my ancestors came from Asia. I know that I descend from Europeans (Spain) and...
  15. Petros Agapetos

What ethnicity do I look like? Where can I pass in Eurasia? Multiple Choice Poll.

16. Maciamo

Dutch men and Latvian women are the tallest in the world, new study finds

A new study in collaboration with the World Health Organisation compares the evolution of body height by gender over a century, from 1914 to 2014. It confirms that Dutch men are still the tallest in the world at 183 cm (6ft), a status they have held for several decades. Latvian women overtook...
  17. M

A Major Word of Caution About Ethnicity & Admixture Calculators

I've posted it before: the "science" behind so-called "admixture calculators" can't yet be called that. The validity of the output data is getting there, and will get there eventually, but it's not quite sufficient so that we can call the extant methods, "scientific." In other words, the...
  18. LeBrok

Recognizing ethnicity by the nose.

By nature of our sense of beauty, the most avarage face, or nose in this case is the most beautiful. Look at this one: It is not even a real person but an image generated by averaging of many faces. It is not a very characteristic face, face to remember, yet is extremely balanced and...
  19. C

Hey need some help with my haplogroups.

hey all i wanted to post my haplogroups and need some help with my haplogroup on my paternal side. Mom's side: L3,N,R,U,U5,U5a1d Dad's Side: M42,M168,M89,P128,M45,M207,P231,M343,L278,P310,U106 (R-U106),U198 (R-U198) All of these are from Geno 2.0. i'm asking what my ancestry might be or my...
  20. LeBrok

Will all people of the world mix creating one race in the future?

More and more people can travel freely around the world, also emigrating and immigrating on large scale. Old customs and arranged marriages coming to past, and freedom of personal choices is embraced. Racism and segregation is abolished and interracial mixing become socially acceptable. Maybe...
Back