bell beaker

1. M

R1b came as inmigrants to Spain

I will launch this hypothesis because the data that would allow you to determine things like this, needs to be: 1)available, 2)published, 3)and noticed. But this is the only explanation I can imagine for the presence of R1b in Spain & Portugal without the IndoEuropean languages. A conqueror...
  2. M

The ancestors of Askenazi women in B. Beaker England and Spain

In Bell Beaker Iberia K1a1b1 (the ancestor of the most common Askenazi mitochondrial haplogroup) are 4/37 of the samples. That's basically being part of the population. While as we know, the Yamnaya replaced also the women in Britain. Leaving only 1/37 of the samples that managed to survive...
  3. Maciamo

New map of the Bell Beaker phenomenon

I finally got around to create a map about the Bell Beaker phenomenon. It was a complex task as there are already many maps out there, but few agree on the distribution of the Beaker and the main hubs of this vast commercial network. Some maps show arrows of the probable diffusion of the beakers...
  4. Maciamo

Tracing back the ancient origins of Cystic Fibrosis

Here is a long article published by the researcher himself in The Conversation about the presumed origins of cystic fibrosis, the most common genetic disease among people of European descent. Discovering the ancient origin of cystic fibrosis, the most common genetic disease in Caucasians...
  5. brimcmike

Final - The Beaker phenomenon and the genomic transformation of northwest Europe.

Olalde I, et al. The Beaker phenomenon and the genomic transformation of northwest Europe. Nature. Published online: 21 February 2018. doi:10.1038/nature25738. [Gleaned from the Supplementary Information, and data tables that are behind a pay wall] Iberian Beaker-associated individuals...
  6. stevenarmstrong

When, how, and through whom did Celtic culture arrive in Britain?

Dear Eupedia Forum, When I read a study on ancient DNA submitted for peer review in May that concluded that Rhine River Bell Beaker people replaced over 90% of the male population of Britain some 4,000 years ago, it made me wonder: who were the British Celts, where did they come from, and when...
  7. A

Hello! I'm a new member here. Ice might We

My MtDNA is H65. And our FTDNA Y67 marker test is being done now on their Worldfamilies.net kit# 561193. There's a possibility a third great grandfather has had 111 test. We will know soon if we match to him. If so R1b P312 might be our group, futher broken down hopefully by our 67 marker test...
  8. LeBrok

Were all Corded Ware groups the same people?

I have many samples and I can say that their admixture levels are quite varied, but it is hard to get a handle on any visible pattern. For example to look at a level of admixture and tell what area of CW they belong to. It is quite a daunting task. Perhaps they were the same group, same...
  9. N

Beaker folk features in modern day Europe!?

From earlier findings of Gerhard (1965) and Louwe Kooijmans (1974) until the state of the art research about the Bell Beakers, the description of their phenotype is very clear: 'tall, robust and most of all broadheadend (brachycephalic) and with a flat occiput.' My features are exact these but...
  10. Maciamo

Autosomal analysis of Unetice and Urnfield genomes

I have just noticed that Genetiker ran the admixtures for a Unetice genome and an Urnfield genome. Here is a comparison with the Yamna and Bell Beaker genomes. There doesn't seem to be a big difference between Bell Beaker, Unetice and Urnfield. Let's keep in mind that these are individual...
  11. Maciamo

Autosomal analysis of Yamna, Corded Ware and Bell Beaker samples

Here is a summary of my observations posted in this thread regarding the autosomal analysis of the Mesolithic and Bronze Age samples from Haak et al 2015. Eurogenes K15 analysis The K15 admixtures for all the Yamna, Corded Ware and Bell Beaker samples can be found in this spreadsheet. As I...
  12. Maciamo

Spanish Chalcolithic mtDNA provides more evidence that Bell Beakers were non-IE

Here is a new paper by Daniel Gómez-Sánchez and co-workers. They tested 19 mitochondrial sequences from the Burgos region in Castile and León, northern Spain, all dating from the late Copper Age (2050 to 2500 BCE). The authors note the heterogeneity of mt-haplogroups compared to other...
  13. Maciamo

Bell Beakers were a multicultural phenomenon & trade network, not an ethnic culture

Bell Beakers were a multicultural phenomenon & trade network, not an ethnic culture I have noticed that Jean Manco mentioned in her new book Ancestral Journeys that the Bell Beaker culture represents the arrival of R1b people into Western Europe. I have explained before why it is extremely...
  14. Maciamo

Why R1b couldn't have been spread around Western Europe by the Bell Beaker people

Introduction One of the hottest controversies of the last few years in European prehistory and population genetics has been the origins and dispersal of haplogroup R1b. As recently as 2008 almost everybody thought that R1b had been in Western Europe since the Palaeolithic and re-expanded from...
Back