corded ware

1. Anfänger

Ancient genomes reveal social and genetic structure of Late Neolithic Switzerland

Ancient genomes reveal social and genetic structure of Late Neolithic Switzerland Abstract Genetic studies of Neolithic and Bronze Age skeletons from Europe have provided evidence for strong population genetic changes at the beginning and the end of the Neolithic period. To further understand...
  2. Jovialis

Grog and Pots Reveal Neolithic Corded Ware Culture Contacts in the Baltic Sea Region

Researchers at the archaeology laboratory have determined the origin and trajectories of clay pottery from nearly 5000 years ago. During the Corded Ware Culture period, Finland, Estonia and Sweden produced skilful female artisans who learned to create fashionable and innovative pottery in the...
  3. C

Nordic/Corded phenotype came from EEF?

Considering that the Nordic a.k.a Corded and Mediterranean phenotypes are pretty similiar, except pigmentation and stature, and that they are differents from both UP types (WHG) and Kurgan types. A SYNOPSIS OF THE PHYSICAL ANTHROPOLOGY OF THE CORDED WARE COMPLEX ON THE BACKGROUND OF THE...
  4. LeBrok

Were all Corded Ware groups the same people?

I have many samples and I can say that their admixture levels are quite varied, but it is hard to get a handle on any visible pattern. For example to look at a level of admixture and tell what area of CW they belong to. It is quite a daunting task. Perhaps they were the same group, same...
  5. Maciamo

New phylogenetic trees of R1a

At long last I have found time and energy to update the phylogenetic tree of Y-haplogroup R1a. There are now six separate trees (R1a stem, L664, Z284, M458, Z280 and Z93) instead of two. Like for the other haplogroup trees which I have updated in the last few months (all haplogroups except R1b)...
  6. Maciamo

Dodecad & Eurogenes admixture for Sintashta & Corded Ware genomes

After analysing Mesolithic and Neolithic genomes and a Yamna genome, here are genomic admixtures for the Sintashta and Corded Ware cultures, two R1a-dominant north-east European Bronze Age PIE cultures. Keep in mind that the component names for the Eurogenes K36 admixture are not accurate and...
  7. Maciamo

Y-DNA and mtDNA frequencies in Proto-Indo-European cultures

I have added the samples from Allentoft 2015 and updated the haplogroup frequencies in the section Haplogroups of Bronze Age Proto-Indo-Europeans.
  8. Maciamo

Autosomal analysis of Yamna, Corded Ware and Bell Beaker samples

Here is a summary of my observations posted in this thread regarding the autosomal analysis of the Mesolithic and Bronze Age samples from Haak et al 2015. Eurogenes K15 analysis The K15 admixtures for all the Yamna, Corded Ware and Bell Beaker samples can be found in this spreadsheet. As I...
  9. Maciamo

New map of haplogroup R1a-M458 (Y-DNA)

I have created a new map of R1a-M458, a lineage which I associate with the Corded Ware expansion and which peaks in West Slavic countries today. The Underhill et al. 2014 paper provided a rough distribution map of R1a-M458, but I wasn't satisfied by its accuracy (it is auto-generated, not...
  10. Maciamo

Bell Beakers were a multicultural phenomenon & trade network, not an ethnic culture

Bell Beakers were a multicultural phenomenon & trade network, not an ethnic culture I have noticed that Jean Manco mentioned in her new book Ancestral Journeys that the Bell Beaker culture represents the arrival of R1b people into Western Europe. I have explained before why it is extremely...
  11. Maciamo

Two major new papers on Early Neolithic to Early Bronze Age mtDNA in Central Europe

Brandt et al. analysed 364 ancient mtDNA samples from the Early Neolithic (Linear Pottery culture) to the Early Bronze Age (Unetice culture), mostly around Germany, Bohemia and Poland. I believe that this is the largest study on ancient mtDNA to date. Although the article is behind a paywall...
Back