archaeogenetics

1. Anfänger

Palaeogenomics of Upper Palaeolithic to Neolithic European hunter-gatherers

Palaeogenomics of Upper Palaeolithic to Neolithic European hunter-gatherers Abstract Modern humans have populated Europe for more than 45,000 years1,2. Our knowledge of the genetic relatedness and structure of ancient hunter-gatherers is however limited, owing to the scarceness and poor...
  2. W

Who were the original inhabitants of North Fennoscandia?

Paleogenomics tells us Mesolithic Scania was similar in composition to Jutland, entirely I* and I2. This is corroborated by quasi-historical identification of these areas with Yngling. Likely, the ur-population of Lapland was N1. Prior to the Bronze Age, what went on in the middle, around the...
  3. Anfänger

Lactase Persistence Over the Last 3,000 Years

Genomic Data from an Ancient European Battlefield Indicates On-Going Strong Selection on a Genomic Region Associated with Lactase Persistence Over the Last 3,000 Years Abstract Lactase persistence (LP), the continued expression of lactase into adulthood, is the most strongly selected single...
  4. M

The Spread of Haplogroups in Europe, Especially R1b

There are some lively discussions going on elsewhere on this board, discussing with specificity some of concepts below. I thank everyone for their thoughts, and Eupedia for the forum. This post is intended to be a more general foray into what I call "The Two -Ics" that explain modern...
Back