steppe

1. F

CHG-Like Ancestry on Steppe since Mesolithic

Just one example, without CHG-Satsurblia all went to Dzudzuana. Also it wasnt a surprise, considering Meshoko Meso DNA already was almost identical to Kotias, meaning that Dzudzuana-Rich DNA was found on Steppe before Neolithic. Keep in mind that CHG-Like pops were a mixture between ANE and...
  2. Anfänger

Empress Ashina

Ancient genome of Empress Ashina reveals the Northeast Asian origin of Göktürk Khanate Abstract We have unveiled the first genomic profile of the ancient Türkic royal family and Chinese historical celebrities. Our genomic analyses of Empress Ashina revealed Göktürk's Northeast Asian origin...
  3. Anfänger

Emergence and intensification of dairying in the Caucasus and Eurasian steppes

Dairying in the Caucasus and Eurasian steppes Abstract Archaeological and archaeogenetic evidence points to the Pontic–Caspian steppe zone between the Caucasus and the Black Sea as the crucible from which the earliest steppe pastoralist societies arose and spread, ultimately influencing...
  4. Anfänger

The Eneolithic cemetery at Khvalynsk on the Volga River

New archeological paper about Khvalynsk. Shared by Lazaridis on Twitter. Abstract The genetically attested migrations of the third millennium BC have made the origins and nature of the Yamnaya culture a question of broad relevance across northern Eurasia. But none of the key archaeological...
  5. Anfänger

Southern Ancestry in "Steppe"

We know from various studies that Yamnaya/Corded ware and Eneolithic Steppe(Progress/Vonyuchka) have a significant amount of southern ancestry, right now called CHG or CHG/Iran but we still don't know where it is exactly from. There are many suggestions, I try to summarize the two main...
  6. Jovialis

Diverse genetic origins of medieval steppe nomad conquerors

Abstract Over millennia, steppe nomadic tribes raided and sometimes overran settled Eurasian civilizations. Most polities formed by steppe nomads were ephemeral, making it difficult to ascertain their genetic roots or what present-day populations, if any, have descended from them...
  7. Maciamo

Eurogenes New map of Yamna admixture (Eurogenes Steppe K10)

I finally found some time to make the map of Yamna admixture using the data from Eurogenes Steppe K10. There was no data for some countries, so I had to guess based on neighbouring countries or isolated samples reported on forums. That is the case for Portugal, Ireland, Wales, the Netherlands...
  8. O

Brachycephaly..zation of the Steppe by 4500BC.

There is new paper out on Nature from Ron Pinhasi group. http://www.nature.com/articles/srep33316 So, the part that is new and relevant in my opinion is essentially that it states that Mesolithic steppe populations (or Ukraine for that matter) were not Brachychephalic but Typolie and...
  9. Maciamo

Y-DNA and mtDNA frequencies in Proto-Indo-European cultures

I have added the samples from Allentoft 2015 and updated the haplogroup frequencies in the section Haplogroups of Bronze Age Proto-Indo-Europeans.
  10. Maciamo

Was the teal admixture of Yamna brought to the steppe by Y-haplogroup G1 ?

Last week Davidski wondered if the teal people really existed and if so who they were (referring to the teal admixture from Haak et al. 2015 found in Yamna samples). My theory so far had been that R1b-P297 had mixed with West Asian people around the South Caucasus (or rather between East...
  11. Maciamo

Listen to an audio reconstruction of Proto-Indo-European language

Listen to this audio reconstruction of what Proto-Indo-European language of R1a and R1b people might have sounded like 6,000 years ago in the Pontic-Caspian Steppe. Here is the explanation from Archeology.com.
  12. Maciamo

Did the Chinese Bronze Age originate in the Eurasian Steppe ?

The Bronze Age appears to have originated around the Caucasus circa 3500 BCE, with the Maykop culture (3700—2000 BCE) and the approximately contemporaneous Kura-Araxes culture (3500—2200 BCE). Older Bronze objects have been found in Serbia dating from 4500 BCE, but the practice was discontinued...
Back