yamna

1. M

Iberian Yamnaya FEMALES were U5

I was revisiting Iñigo Olalde's paper "The genomic history of the Iberian Peninsula over the past 8000 years" and I found the likely candidates for the women, the few of them, that came along with the R1b Yamnaya men. There are 14 samples classified as Iberia Chalcolithic (CA) Steppe. I further...
  2. M

Lineage extinction

Just found this. https://sciencenorway.no/childlessness-demography-fertility/more-than-half-of-us-may-end-up-without-descendants/2055465
  3. Anfänger

Emergence and intensification of dairying in the Caucasus and Eurasian steppes

Dairying in the Caucasus and Eurasian steppes Abstract Archaeological and archaeogenetic evidence points to the Pontic–Caspian steppe zone between the Caucasus and the Black Sea as the crucible from which the earliest steppe pastoralist societies arose and spread, ultimately influencing...
  4. Anfänger

The origins of domestic horses

The origins and spread of domestic horses from the Western Eurasian steppes Abstract Domestication of horses fundamentally transformed long-range mobility and warfare1. However, modern domesticated breeds do not descend from the earliest domestic horse lineage associated with archaeological...
  5. Archetype0ne

Current J2b2-L283 Evidence + A speculative Theory

(https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-L283/) https://indo-european.eu/2020/02/visualizing-phylogenetic-trees-of-ancient-dna-in-a-map/ *Potential new samples I drew on top of the source. Mokrin sample is official...
  6. Anfänger

Ancient genomes reveal social and genetic structure of Late Neolithic Switzerland

Ancient genomes reveal social and genetic structure of Late Neolithic Switzerland Abstract Genetic studies of Neolithic and Bronze Age skeletons from Europe have provided evidence for strong population genetic changes at the beginning and the end of the Neolithic period. To further understand...
  7. A

How did Proto-Indo-Europeans (R* R1b/R1a) lose Mongoloid characteristics?

The emergence of haplogroup R * is related to the Siberian culture of Mal'ta – Buret '. But it has been shown that the boy from Malta had a Mongoloid phenotype very similar to today's Siberian populations, dark eyes and hair. We know that people from Yamnaya Culture had a fairly high percentage...
  8. Roi

Contradictory maps of Yamnaya contribution to modern European populations

Hi I have just found this study: https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Distribution-of-the-Yamnaya-genetic-component-in-the-populations-of-Europe-data-taken_fig2_318751121 which shows a different map for the Yamnaya admixture than the one included in this site... interestingly, in the map here...
  9. Jovialis

Scandinavia's Earliest Farmers Exchanged Terminology with Indo-Europeans

Early farmers in southern Scandinavia helped to influence Proto-Indo-European language.
  10. A

Hello! I'm a new member here. Ice might We

My MtDNA is H65. And our FTDNA Y67 marker test is being done now on their Worldfamilies.net kit# 561193. There's a possibility a third great grandfather has had 111 test. We will know soon if we match to him. If so R1b P312 might be our group, futher broken down hopefully by our 67 marker test...
  11. LeBrok

Genetic source of Unetice Culture.

I've been running new kits (DNA), I got my hands on recently, through HarappaWorld admixture and started to notice some patterns. (Maybe real ones. ;) After quick calculations I found fairly good match for ancestral source of Unetice Culture. Have a look: I mixed Hungarian Late Neolithic...
  12. Maciamo

Dodecad & Eurogenes admixture for Yamna genomes

I should have done this a long time ago, but never found the time among the many things on my to-do list. I ran a Yamna genome in the Dodecad and Eurogenes calculators just to see what would come out of it, and to help interpret the maps I created from the Dodecad calculators. Keep in mind...
  13. Maciamo

New map of Yamna admixture (Eurogenes Steppe K10)

I finally found some time to make the map of Yamna admixture using the data from Eurogenes Steppe K10. There was no data for some countries, so I had to guess based on neighbouring countries or isolated samples reported on forums. That is the case for Portugal, Ireland, Wales, the Netherlands...
  14. O

Brachycephaly..zation of the Steppe by 4500BC.

There is new paper out on Nature from Ron Pinhasi group. http://www.nature.com/articles/srep33316 So, the part that is new and relevant in my opinion is essentially that it states that Mesolithic steppe populations (or Ukraine for that matter) were not Brachychephalic but Typolie and...
  15. Maciamo

Y-DNA and mtDNA frequencies in Proto-Indo-European cultures

I have added the samples from Allentoft 2015 and updated the haplogroup frequencies in the section Haplogroups of Bronze Age Proto-Indo-Europeans.
  16. Maciamo

Autosomal analysis of Unetice and Urnfield genomes

I have just noticed that Genetiker ran the admixtures for a Unetice genome and an Urnfield genome. Here is a comparison with the Yamna and Bell Beaker genomes. There doesn't seem to be a big difference between Bell Beaker, Unetice and Urnfield. Let's keep in mind that these are individual...
  17. Maciamo

Autosomal analysis of Yamna, Corded Ware and Bell Beaker samples

Here is a summary of my observations posted in this thread regarding the autosomal analysis of the Mesolithic and Bronze Age samples from Haak et al 2015. Eurogenes K15 analysis The K15 admixtures for all the Yamna, Corded Ware and Bell Beaker samples can be found in this spreadsheet. As I...
  18. Maciamo

Modern distribution of R1b-Z2103

The new Haak et al. 2015 paper confirmed that Yamna Proto-Indo-Europeans belonged to haplogroup R1b. Four out of six R1b samples from the Volga-Ural region belonged to the R1b-Z2103 subclade, a branch of what used to be called R1b-ht35, the eastern variant of R1b-M269. Obviously the samples...
  19. Maciamo

Origins of the Indo-Europeans: the Uruk expansion and Cucuteni-Trypillian culture

The history of the Indo-Europeans is relatively clear from the Maykop and Yamna periods onwards, as I have described in the R1b and R1a pages on this site. The biggest question marks in my head at the moment are: - When did the R1a and R1b lineages arrive in the Pontic Steppe and North Caucasus...
Back