proto-indo-european

1. Archetype0ne

Current J2b2-L283 Evidence + A speculative Theory

(https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-L283/) https://indo-european.eu/2020/02/visualizing-phylogenetic-trees-of-ancient-dna-in-a-map/ *Potential new samples I drew on top of the source. Mokrin sample is official...
  2. Ned

PIE origins, Proto-Anatolian, Maykop and Kristiansen

Kristiansen, Kristian "The Archaeology of Proto-Indo-European and Proto-Anatolian: Locating the Split" in "Dispersals and Diversification: Linguistic and Archaeological Perspectives on the Early-Stages of Indo-European" ed.: M. Serangeli & Th. Olander (Leiden: Brill, 2020) pp 157-163 I've just...
  3. T

Could Armenians have been in Armi/Armani

Hi, long-time lurker but this is my first post on Eupedia. I hope that it is okay for me to post in this forum (I couldn't create a new thread in Anthropology & Ethnography, but I looked at some of the posts in this forum and it seemed like it could be appropriate for me to post here instead)...
  4. Maciamo

Dodecad & Eurogenes admixture of Late Copper & Early Bronze Age genomes

The Copper Age was a period of transition between Neolithic societies and the Indo-European migrations. Although the Chalcolithic started in Neolithic Southeast Europe and Anatolia, it quickly spread to the Pontic-Caspian Steppe, from where PIE Steppe people expanded cross most of Europe and...
  5. Maciamo

Dodecad & Eurogenes admixture for Early vs Late Bronze Age Scandinavian genomes

I have had a look at Mesolithic and Neolithic genomes, an Early Bronze Age Yamna genome, compared Corded Ware vs Sintashta genomes, and analysed the Hinxton Celtic and Anglo-Saxon genomes. Here is another Corded Ware (or Battle-Axe) culture genome, but from Denmark instead of Poland., which I...
  6. Maciamo

New map of Ancient Eurasian (ANE) admixture

Year 2014 is drawing to a close and I was hoping to finish the ANE and WHG maps by the end of the year. Here is the first one. The data is based on Eurogenes. This map compares the genes of modern people to the DNA of a Central Siberian mammoth hunter (known as MA-1), who lived 24,000 years...
  7. Maciamo

Listen to an audio reconstruction of Proto-Indo-European language

Listen to this audio reconstruction of what Proto-Indo-European language of R1a and R1b people might have sounded like 6,000 years ago in the Pontic-Caspian Steppe. Here is the explanation from Archeology.com.
  8. Maciamo

Revising the reconstruction of Proto-Indo-European numerals

Many linguists have attempted to reconstruct how the original Proto-Indo-European numerals may have sounded like. Unfortunately they tend to end up with overly theoretical prototypes that are unlikely to have ever been uttered by people. Here are two examples of reconstructed dating from 1995...
Back