bulgaria

1. E

German / Bulgaria J-FTC79873 Who are we?

Hello, my FTDNA Y DNA kit # is 369210, and Haplogroup # is J-FTC79873. I have been on FTDNA for years with no Y-DNA matches but one my brother. Bought the Big Y over a year ago with no matches. My biological surname is Engelhorn with solid paper trail in Germany back to the early 1500's. Rumor...
  2. Jovialis

Large Roman or Thracian Tomb of Nobleman from 3rd Century CE found in Bulgaria

Bulgarian archaeologists have finished mapping out the extent of a large Roman tomb near the city of Plovdiv and were preparing to begin excavations on the tomb, Bulgarian National Television (BNT) reported on July 25. Located under the Maltepe burial mound, one of the largest of its kind on...
  3. Jovialis

Roman Reservoir in Bulgaria

MUSINA, BULGARIA—Archaeology in Bulgaria reports that a team of researchers led by archaeologist Kalin Chakarov of the Pavlikeni Museum of History has investigated a water catchment reservoir at a spring inside Musina Cave, a water source that supplied the ancient city of Nicopolis ad Istrum...
  4. W

Causes of group violence in British males ?

There are several related ideas going around in my head, and so the title is only partially accurate - I am curious as to what scientific reasons there could be for the abundance of violent behaviour amongst British males (And a smaller percentage of females more recently) in public situations...
  5. LeBrok

Europe oldest stone fortifications of a small town in bulgaria.

This is the oldest fortified stone town discovered in Bulgaria. It was built around salt mine almost 7,000 years ago. Vasil Nikolov, a professor from Bulgaria's National Institute of Archaeology, said the stone walls excavated by his team near the town of Provadia are estimated to date...
  6. Maciamo

Major new paper on Bulgarian Y-chromosomal haplogroups.

PLOS ONE just released Y-Chromosome Diversity in Modern Bulgarians: New Clues about Their Ancestry by Karachanak et al. Bulgaria was relatively undersampled to this day. This study, sampling 808 lineages from each of the 9 Bulgarian provinces, will provide valuable new insight, especially since...
Back