middle east

1. M

Cohens close to 56% of Arabs

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-85883-2 In this paper says that 56% of J1 carriers are J1a1a1a1a1a1a1. While the Cohen modal haplotype is J1a1a1a1a1a1a2. It's exactly the same haplogroup but with a 2 at the end. What this means is that 'Aaron' was very closely related in space and...
  2. Maciamo

K12b New map of Southwest Asian admixture (Dodecad K12b)

I have made a new map of the Southwest Asian admixture from Dodecad K12b. I had made the same map based on the K12 calculator many years ago, but the some people tend to confuse the two as they have the same name. Both are similar in the Middle East and North Africa, but vary quite a lot in...
  3. Petros Agapetos

Should Armenia be considered Middle East? Poll!

Should Armenia be considered Middle East? Poll! Armenia has historic ties to the Persian, Roman, and Greek empires. Armenia has cultural similarities to other Caucasus nations, such as Georgians and Azeris. Armenians resemble other Caucasus people, such as Georgians and Azeris. Armenia is a...
  4. Maciamo

New page dedicated to haplogroup U3 (mtDNA)

After the mostly Mesopotamian and Neolithic haplogroup HV, here comes the history of haplogroup U3, another Middle Eastern lineage but with a much more recent expansion (Chalcolithic to Iron Age) and a closer association with Y-haplogroups J1(xP58) and J2. U3 is also a major Romani/Gypsy lineage...
  5. Maciamo

Analysing Eurasian & African autosomal DNA from Lazaridis et al. 2013

I have reorganised a bit the K=20 autosomal admixtures from Lazaridis et al. 2013 and assigned geographical regions for each component. These admixtures bear an uncanny resemblance to those of the Dodecad Project, and one could wonder if that Iosif Lazaridis could indeed be the person hidden...
  6. I

Syrian Civil War

The ongoing civil war in Syria which was started on March,2011 can be candidate for one of the most brutal wars in world history. Started as peaceful demonstrations but in following days became a horrible war between Syrian Army and the uprising groups. The opposition was composed of civilians...
  7. I

Middle Eastern Union Ecomomic Community - Dream or Real?

What if all Middle Eastern countries would unite together in an organization like European Union. Suppose a Union starting from Turkey in the West, Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan in North, Afghanistan, Pakistan in the East and Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Oman in South. Very large area including many...
  8. Maciamo

New map of Haplogroups E1b1b + G + J + T

Here is the third and final map in my new series designed to show the three major components of the European population. The first map, representing all subclades of Haplogroup I, i.e. the lineages descended from the Palaeolithic and Mesolithic inhabitants of Europe. The second combined...
Back