immunity

1. Jovialis

Fast-Food Causes Epigenetic Reprogramming in the Immune System

For the first time in recent history, the trends of extending longevity are being reversed due to unhealthy eating habits. The so called, “Western diet”, which consists of fast-food and junk food entails high fat, high sugar, and low fiber. As a consequence to consumption of this diet, the body...
  2. Jovialis

Ebola survivors still immune to virus after 40 years

Great news. Hopefully, researchers will be able to study these patients further, and makes advances for vaccines.
  3. Maciamo

SNPs linked to HLA-DR types in Europeans/Caucasians

The HLA gene regulates our acquired immune system. It is what helps our body identify foreign antigens (bacteria, fungi, viruses) and determine what type of white blood cells and antibodies should be produced. Depending on our HLA type we are more or less resistant to certain diseases and...
  4. Maciamo

Distribution of HLA-A types by country

I have started a new page listing HLA allele frequencies by country. I have only had time to add HLA-A types so far, but I am planning to add other types too. There are 14 common HLA-A types in Europe. Some geographic patterns are quite obvious for some types. HLA-A1 is found at highest...
Back