books

1. Maciamo

Men and women don't read the same kind of books

It's not surprising, but it's interesting to have actual data from a major website like Goodreads to show the percentage of men and women reading each genre. Overall women read a much wider range of books than men. The least popular genre for women is philosophy, which is still read by over 40%...
  2. Maciamo

12 books about the world's past, present and future that you should read

I read a lot - one book per week in average this year, and almost exclusively non-fiction books. You can find the list of the books I read on Libib, which has just reached 300 volumes (excluding textbooks, guidebooks and the like). Of all the books I have read, these 10 books are the most...
  3. Maciamo

Kindle or paper books?

It took me a while to switch from paper books to e-books, but after I decided to read a few books on my phone's Kindle, I feel there is just no going back to printed books. I cannot find a single advantage of buying paper books. Here is what's great about e-books. 1) Always there: I always have...
  4. B

Genetic History of the British Isles [book thread]

I'm looking for some good books which cover the matter of the genetic history of the British Isles, or more specifically Scotland, although i doubt there would be any which focus on Scotland itself. On my research into the matter i've came across the following books: Blood of the Isles - Bryan...
Back