fast food

1. Maciamo

Question Do people who don't care about their own health also care less about everything else?

When writing about dangerous chemicals found in American fast food, it made me wonder why so many people eat that kind of junk food on a regular basis. I am in my 40s and I have always known since my childhood that junk food like McDonald's is bad for health. It's common knowledge in Belgium...
  2. Maciamo

Nutrition Dangerous chemicals found in 80% of McDonald’s, Burger King, Pizza Hut and Domino’s meals

This is the conclusion of an American study published in October 2021. I am not surprised. That's not really news. I read before about the plastics McDonald's or KFC put in their nuggets for a Subway's in their sandwiches to "add cohesion" to the ingredients. That's why I almost never eat in...
  3. Maciamo

Society New maps of American fast food chains per capita in Europe

I have made four new maps showing the number of American fast food chains per capita in each European country and compared to the United States, India, China and Japan. McDonald's are the most popular in Northern and Western Europe, except in Iceland where the chain withdrew completely from...
  4. Jovialis

Fast-Food Causes Epigenetic Reprogramming in the Immune System

For the first time in recent history, the trends of extending longevity are being reversed due to unhealthy eating habits. The so called, “Western diet”, which consists of fast-food and junk food entails high fat, high sugar, and low fiber. As a consequence to consumption of this diet, the body...
Back