raw data

1. C

How to convert my raw AncestryDNA file to plink for use in qpAdm?

Hey guys! I am new to qpAdm and I thought I want to give it a try to model myself in it, since I've heard a lot of interesting stuff about it. I have a AncestryDNA raw file and it seems that there isn't much info on the internet on how to convert the file to be able to use it in qpAdm. From what...
  2. José Mª

Best combination for DNA testing?

Hello everyone, :smile: I've been thinking about testing my DNA and I don't have a lot of money to spend on different companies, so I started looking for the best way to test it using only one of those options. From my days searching for the answer I've decided to post my thoughts here so you...
  3. Jovialis

Antonio M. et al 2019 - Iron Age Samples Raw Data

Here are the Iron Age samples from Ancient Rome: A genetic crossroads of Europe and the Mediterranean I used WGS extract to "convert" the files from BAM to usable raw data, in WGS combined, as well as AncestryDNA format...
  4. Jovialis

Ethnicity Accuracy: Comparing your various raw data kits on Gedmatch

Here's is another great video by Family History Fanatics. It is from 2017 using the old Gedmatch, but it is still relevant. You can still use the same tools on Gedmatch Genesis (One-to-one Autosomal Comparison). This one explains how different companies test different areas. You can see which...
  5. Jovialis

Ancient DNA Calculator using Merged-Raw Data

Ancient DNA Total Shared DNA Compound Segments Ajvide 58 2.77% 0.57% Altai Neanderthal 1.40% 0.20% Australian Aboriginal 7.48% 1.19% Bot 15 7.22% 1.06% Bot 17 5.85% 1.03% BR1 7.33% 1.92% BR2 33.86% 23.74% Clovis Anzick-1 22.47% 9.78% CO1 8.97% 2.46% Denisova 1.09% 0.16%...
  6. P

health data 23andMe

I put my raw data through Promethease & got some "GoodNews" then looked at the "BadNews" section & it seemed to contain much of the same risk factors for various conditions. So does the Good and Bad average out to make me "Average?" I'm not a geneticist and I wish it was easier to figure out.
Back