technology

1. Maciamo

Economy New map of smartphone penetration by country in and around Europe

I have created a new map for the series of socio-economic maps of Europe. Countries with the highest percentages of smartphone users are Germanic countries and richer states of the Arabian peninsula. Italy has a surprisingly low penetration rate, especially considering the image of Italian...
  2. Maciamo

eBussy: a new revolutionary modulable electric vehicle

It's hard to describe what eBussy is in one word. It's a minibus, but also mini motorhome, a pickup truck and a van, all rolled into one. The eBussy is an astonishing electric vehicle based on a modular concept that the manufacturer promises to be as easy to handle as Lego bricks. Its launch is...
  3. S

AI- facial recognition in Coffee Vending Machine

Have you ever wondered, how it would be to use facial recognition in coffee vending machine to brew the coffee? The technology now a days allow to install facial recognition in vending machine to brew the coffee of your choice. How? The algorithm in the machine record and memorize the choice...
  4. Archetype0ne

Rewriting Life / The CRISPR twins had their brains altered

(https://www.technologyreview.com/s/612997/the-crispr-twins-had-their-brains-altered) The future is now. We are living in a New Zeitgeist. "Rewriting Life The CRISPR twins had their brains altered New research suggests that a controversial gene-editing experiment to make children resistant...
  5. Maciamo

Economy EU outlaws planned obsolescence

This is big, but oddly enough it hasn't made the headlines of mainstream media yet. This is great news for consumers, but not for manufacturers. EU outlaws planned obsolescence "In a move which will have Apple clutching its bottom line in fear, the EU has decided to outlaw planned...
  6. Jovialis

Obsession with Safety Creates Anxiety

This makes perfect sense. When I was younger, I always like being outside. I had to sneak out or argue with my mother if I wanted to hang out late at night with friends. Today, it seems that teenagers are more content with staying in, because of technology addiction, and fear for their safety...
  7. LeBrok

Amazing Technology.

If you think that everything people wanted and needed was invented, think again. Every day human genius is pushing all the boundaries and invents new things. Post here whatever technology you find genius or at leas amazing to share with all. I just discovered a ball with a sole. It moves...
  8. Maciamo

The new technologies that will revolutionze our future very soon

I am working on a new article summarising the incredible amount of technological innovation that the world is experiencing at the moment. I am reviewing advances in AI, robotics, bioengineering, genetics and 3-D printing. We are heading toward the singularity, the moment in history when...
  9. N

Moving large stone?

Groups throughout history have left "statements in stone"... informing us that they had the means to transport giant loads (without the benefit of modern forklifts or bulldozers). Some of the most impressive examples are the pyramids of Egypt, the ancient Incan ruins, Stonehenge, and the...
  10. Maciamo

Technologies of the future

After my thread Technologies that should have been invented by now, I would like to share my ideas about what technology will look like in a few years or a few decades' time. Holographic screen for smartphones Smartphones have evolved tremendously over the last few years. The trend has been...
  11. Maciamo

Technologies that should have been invented by now

I sometimes wonder what will be the next revolutionary technology that will change our life. Not many people would have thought 20 years ago that our lives would so soon be ruled by the Internet and smartphones, and that one could do so many things with a smartphone: taking high-quality photos...
  12. LeBrok

Robot, anyone?! New technological revolution is near.

Half a century ago, when first computers were created, people got very excited and envisioned year 2000 full of robots and flying cars. This is year 2011 cars are not flying, but they are comfy and fast, and we can take a plane for longer trips. No big deal here, but I really miss my robot...
Back