phylogeny

1. Maciamo

Updated phylogenetic tree of E-V13

I have updated and expanded the phylogenetic tree of haplogroup E-V13. I changed the layout to show when each clade developed in time so as to get a better idea of when the regional expansions happened. Many branches of the tree are still missing. There are few Greek, Italian, French and...
  2. Maciamo

Age and TMRCA of Jewish lineages by haplogroup

Jewish people have a greater diversity of top-level haplogroups than almost any other ethnic/national group in Europe and the Middle East. However this diversity is illusive as for each haplogroup only some deep and very specific subclades are present among paternal Jewish lineages. The European...
  3. Maciamo

New phylogenetic tree of R1b-U106 (and Z381)

I thought you might like to know that I have updated the phylogenetic tree of R1bU106/S21. Here is a preview, but it will look better in full screen by opening the window on the R1b page.
  4. Maciamo

Updated chronological tree of Y-haplogroups

I have updated the timeline of Y-DNA haplogroups on the page Origins of European haplogroups. It hadn't been updated for over 6 years, so some age estimates were badly off. I have used the latest estimates from Yfull.com. The wider version with the mtDNA tree can be found here.
  5. Maciamo

New phylogenetic tree of R1b-U152 (and L2)

I have been working for three days on a new updated version of the R1b-U152 tree. I had to split it in two trees as the L2 branch was taking too much space. I recommend that you viw the tree in full screen by clicking on them on the R1b page. I had already suggested three years ago that Z56 was...
  6. Maciamo

New phylogenetic trees of R1a

At long last I have found time and energy to update the phylogenetic tree of Y-haplogroup R1a. There are now six separate trees (R1a stem, L664, Z284, M458, Z280 and Z93) instead of two. Like for the other haplogroup trees which I have updated in the last few months (all haplogroups except R1b)...
  7. Maciamo

Updated page and tree on Y-haplogroup T

I have created two phylogenetic trees for haplogroup T and T-CTS2214. I have also updated the history section. The P77 and CTS6507 branch underwent a major expansion during the Early Bronze Age, from approximately 2500 BCE. The phylogeny suggests that this expansion took place from the...
  8. Maciamo

Root of Y-DNA phylogentic tree revised to 338,000 years (before Homo Sapiens)

A very exciting new paper was released yesterday, confirming the announcement four months ago that the common ancestor to all human male lineages lived much longer ago than what believed so far. An African American Paternal Lineage Adds an Extremely Ancient Root to the Human Y Chromosome...
Back