emotions

1. Maciamo

Society Maps of prevalent negative emotions by country in and around Europe

When comparing countries and cultures, few people think of the fact that the frequency of basic emotions can vary widely depending on the society where one lives. Using Gallup's State of the Global Workplace: 2022 Report I created maps showing the percentage of respondents that felt anger...
  2. Jovialis

Ideals of Maturity rooted in Religious & Philosophical traditions v Emotion & Impulse

Ideals of Maturity rooted in Religious & Philosophical traditions v Emotion & Impulse This is probably one of the best blogs I've read on this site. The abandonment of older religious and philosophical schools of thought, and the replacement with values forged in the counter-culture of the...
  3. Jovialis

Nine Varieties of Positive Emotion

Pretty interesting. Happiness is a complex emotion that is triggered by different chemical reactions in the brain according to the situation. I like the fact that it points out that amusement and play is actually necessary for our survival. Often by society it has been historically seen as...
  4. Jovialis

Do Animals Have Emotions? A Debate

I do believe that certain higher-order thinking animals have emotions. Perhaps not as advanced as humans, but to at least some degree.
  5. LeBrok

What We Inherited From Hunter Gatherers. (The genetic memory of the past).

Did you ever asked yourself a question, why people behave in certain ways? Why it is so easy for boys to start a fight, or pretend they are knights or modern soldiers, and as a teenager volunteer for wars? Why there are generational conflicts? Why kids prefer breaks over classes? Why women...
  6. Maciamo

Could a machine or an AI ever feel human-like emotions ?

Computers will soon be able to simulate the functioning of a human brain. In a near future, artificial superintelligence could become vastly more intellectually capable and versatile than humans. But could machines ever truly experience the whole range of human feelings and emotions, or are...
  7. LeBrok

Beliefs Explained

I gave the beliefs a little bit more thought and I think I have the answer. The answer actually turned to be more prosaic than I expected, but regardless, here it is. Beliefs fall into same category of human condition, as Feelings and Trust. To help us make decisions in our lives according to...
Back