baltic

1. Jovialis

Grog and Pots Reveal Neolithic Corded Ware Culture Contacts in the Baltic Sea Region

Researchers at the archaeology laboratory have determined the origin and trajectories of clay pottery from nearly 5000 years ago. During the Corded Ware Culture period, Finland, Estonia and Sweden produced skilful female artisans who learned to create fashionable and innovative pottery in the...
  2. Jovialis

The Genetic Prehistory of the Baltic Sea Region

While the series of events that shaped the transition between foraging societies and food producers are well described for Central and Southern Europe, genetic evidence from Northern Europe surrounding the Baltic Sea is still sparse. Here, we report genome-wide DNA data from 38 ancient North...
  3. Maciamo

New phylogenetic trees of R1a

At long last I have found time and energy to update the phylogenetic tree of Y-haplogroup R1a. There are now six separate trees (R1a stem, L664, Z284, M458, Z280 and Z93) instead of two. Like for the other haplogroup trees which I have updated in the last few months (all haplogroups except R1b)...
  4. Maciamo

New migration map of haplogroup R1a1a

After my new R1b migration map, here is an illustration of the R1a history. The pattern of migration completes that of R1b. You will find all the explanations in the R1a history section. Just one new thing. The chiefly Germanic L664 subclade is the only subclade of R1a that migrated alongside...
Back