ancient dna

1. A

Average Percentages of WHG, ENF, and ESH Ancestry in Modern Europeans

My friend recently did a DNA test with Family Tree DNA and his ancientOrigins results came back with him being 50% Hunter Gatherer, 39% Neolithic Farmer, and 11% Eastern Steppe Herder. This was surprising to me because I was under the impression that the percentage of European hunter gatherer...
  2. Maciamo

K36 charts and maps of Etruscan samples

The study on ancient Etruscan DNA by Posth et al. 2021 showed that three Etruscan individuals were genetically closer to modern Northwest Europeans. Intrigued I checked their percentage of similarities with modern European populations using Eurogenes K36 and the map tool made by Jerome Hamon...
  3. Maciamo

Genetic study Ancient DNA of Roman Danubian Frontier and Slavic Migrations (Olalde 2021)

Here is the preprint of the new Reich lab paper Cosmopolitanism at the Roman Danubian Frontier, Slavic Migrations, and the Genomic Formation of Modern Balkan Peoples I have summarised the Y-DNA and mtDNA on this table. ID Location Date Y-DNA mtDNA I15527 Viminacium, Pecine Necropolis...
  4. Maciamo

Philippine Ayta possess the highest level of Denisovan ancestry in the world

Philippine Ayta possess the highest level of Denisovan ancestry in the world, Larena et al. (2021) Highlights Comprehensive analyses of archaic ancestry among 118 Philippine ethnic groups Ayta Magbukon display ∼30%–40% greater Denisovan ancestry than Australopapuans The model is explained by...
  5. Maciamo

Get your results from all ethnicity composition calculators with Admixture Studio

There are plenty of calculators of ancient and modern ancestry on the Web: Dodecad, Eurogenes, MDLP, GedrosiaDNA, Harappa, LM Genetics, Mephisto, Tolan, etc. An easy way to obtain run all these calculators for your genomes is to download Admixture Studio. Unzip the file, run...
  6. Jovialis

Dodecad Globe 13 Ancient & Modern

Christmas update!: I have 2,441 aDNA coordinates for Dodecad Globe 13, from 41 academic studies. I have also included the Modern Dodecad Globe 13 populations, with an expanded version for West Eurasians, with the individual HGDP samples. .zip/file"][Download zip file here] Paste them into...
  7. Maciamo

Population genomics of the Viking world (Margaryan et al 2020)

A new paper just came out: Population genomics of the Viking world (Margaryan et al 2020) Abstract The maritime expansion of Scandinavian populations during the Viking Age (about AD 750–1050) was a far-flung transformation in world history. Here we sequenced the genomes of 442 humans from...
  8. D

Sources for ancient DNA (23andme/ftdna format)?

Hello, since Y-STR.org is almost gone (No more Ancient DNA download) there seem to be no more sources of ancient DNA files in 23andme/ftdna format which are open for public use. Some months ago there was a possibility to download some of the ancient DNA samples from a storage of Y-STR.org...
  9. Maciamo

Caution on the interpretation of MyTrueAncestry results

I have noticed that many forum members have uploaded their genome on MyTrueAncestry. It's a very convenient tool to compare oneself to ancient populations. A word a caution is necessary though. 1) Ethnic Mislabelling MyTrueAncestry do tend to label ethnic groups rather loosely and sometimes in...
  10. Maciamo

New Reich Lab paper on ancient West Africa finds missing 4th branch of humanity

Ancient West African foragers in the context of African population history Abstract Our knowledge of ancient human population structure in sub-Saharan Africa, particularly prior to the advent of food production, remains limited. Here we report genome-wide DNA data from four children—two of...
  11. Maciamo

Where do Medieval Italian samples from Antonio et al. 2019 come from?

Using the Dodecad K12b data provided by Jovialis's Ancient Rome Test v1.0, I ran each Medieval sample separately against modern populations. As Angela pointed out, many of the skeletons from the Latium region that were tested may have been pilgrims from other parts of Italy or Europe. This...
  12. Joker

Resurrecting the Ancient Israelites From the Valley of Dry Bones, Dr Eran Elhaik

Resurrecting the Ancient Israelites From the Valley of Dry Bones: https://www.ancient-origins.net/human-origins-religions/jewish-ancestry-0012151 Highlights:
  13. Wheal

Unknown Group of Ancient Humans Once Lived in Siberia, New Evidence Reveals

https://www.livescience.com/65654-dna-ice-age-teeth-siberia.html
  14. N

Where to get dna data?

Where do I get admixture data for example how much north African DNA Iberians have or how much Hunnic admixture in Hungarians. Also from ancient populations as well like EEF, CHG, WHG, admixture among various Europeans.
  15. Jovialis

Ancient DNA Calculator using Merged-Raw Data

Ancient DNA Total Shared DNA Compound Segments Ajvide 58 2.77% 0.57% Altai Neanderthal 1.40% 0.20% Australian Aboriginal 7.48% 1.19% Bot 15 7.22% 1.06% Bot 17 5.85% 1.03% BR1 7.33% 1.92% BR2 33.86% 23.74% Clovis Anzick-1 22.47% 9.78% CO1 8.97% 2.46% Denisova 1.09% 0.16%...
  16. Maciamo

Tracing back the ancient origins of Cystic Fibrosis

Here is a long article published by the researcher himself in The Conversation about the presumed origins of cystic fibrosis, the most common genetic disease among people of European descent. Discovering the ancient origin of cystic fibrosis, the most common genetic disease in Caucasians...
  17. Jovialis

Time Population Structure (TPS): New analytical method for dating ancient DNA

Interest in the origins of human populations and their migration routes has increased greatly in recent years. A critical aspect of tracing migration events is dating them. However, the radiocarbon techniques*, that are commonly used to date and analyse DNA from ancient skeletons can be...
  18. Maciamo

Lombard vs Roman Y-DNA and mtDNA from northern Italy and Hungary

The study on Lombard DNA by Amorim et al. (2018) was already discussed a few months ago as part of a preliminary paper, but did not yet include the Y-DNA and mtDNA tables. This is still a pre-print, but at least we can see what haplogroups the Lombards carried. The admixtures for each sample...
  19. Jovialis

New standards for ancient protein studies set forth by multi-national research group

A team of researchers from institutions at the leading edge of the new field of palaeoproteomics have published guidelines to provide it with a firm foundation. Ancient proteins are used to study everything from extinct species to ancient human diets to the evolution of diseases, and more. The...
  20. Jovialis

Insights into Modern Human Prehistory Using Ancient Genomes

Here's a review of past genetic studies of predominately pre-agricultural groups that was published today. Too bad it's behind a paywall though. Nevertheless, here's the highlights, as well as a map from the paper provided by phys.org.
Back