indo-europeans

1. M

Iberian Yamnaya FEMALES were U5

I was revisiting Iñigo Olalde's paper "The genomic history of the Iberian Peninsula over the past 8000 years" and I found the likely candidates for the women, the few of them, that came along with the R1b Yamnaya men. There are 14 samples classified as Iberia Chalcolithic (CA) Steppe. I further...
  2. M

The Noah/Deluge story and IndoEuropeans

The tale of the deluge has been of great interest for historians and archeologists since modern science began. There are several theories, one being that those events were the filling of the Black Sea with Mediterranean water. But the most convincing for me are those that talk about periods of...
  3. M

Basques & H Haplogroup

I want to bring yet again the topic of Basque particularism. This is by no means a new topic, it is well known in a good chunk of fields like historiography, linguistics... Lets start with Basques being linguistically isolated with the rest of Europe. Speaking a language that doesn't come...
  4. M

The 2000 year cycle of Civilization?

Societies take a relatively long time to develop, and the civilization we live in is the product of Thousands of years of development. In which a lot of things, many times difficult, and to some extent bad happens. Many other times, by the way, this may be good. But there already some patterns...
  5. M

Did Milk help the Indo-European expansion?

We know that Paleolithic and Neolithic Western Europeans were lactose intolerant, as well as many Eastern Europeans who were not R1. But an study showed that among Yamnayas, for example, 94% were clearly milk drinkers. It's already well studied that the key to their success came from the...
  6. Archetype0ne

Indo-European phylogenetics with R/David Goldstein/Indo-European Linguistics V8 I1

I believe this article from September of last year has not been mentioned in the forum. My apologies if it has, I have not frequented much lately. This fantastic article uses Statistics/R/ML and provides the codes for anyone to run and verify the results. Most importantly it provides...
  7. Anfänger

Ancient genomes reveal social and genetic structure of Late Neolithic Switzerland

Ancient genomes reveal social and genetic structure of Late Neolithic Switzerland Abstract Genetic studies of Neolithic and Bronze Age skeletons from Europe have provided evidence for strong population genetic changes at the beginning and the end of the Neolithic period. To further understand...
  8. T

Hurro-Urartian as a sister to Indo-European

Hurro-Urartian (HU) is a now extinct language family that was spoken in the Bronze Age/Iron Age Near East that consisted of two distinct languages: Hurrian and Urartian. Some compelling evidence has linked a third language, Kassite, to the HU family, but this relationship is uncertain...
  9. T

Nerkin and Verin Naver--Indo-European EMBA Burial Complexes in Armenia

Nerkin and Verin Naver, meaning lower and upper graves, respectively, are two burial complexes located just outside of Ashtarak, Armenia, a short distance north of the capital city of Yerevan. These complexes date to the end of the Early Bronze Age to the Middle Bronze Age, specifically from...
  10. T

Could Armenians have been in Armi/Armani

Hi, long-time lurker but this is my first post on Eupedia. I hope that it is okay for me to post in this forum (I couldn't create a new thread in Anthropology & Ethnography, but I looked at some of the posts in this forum and it seemed like it could be appropriate for me to post here instead)...
  11. Roi

Contradictory maps of Yamnaya contribution to modern European populations

Hi I have just found this study: https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Distribution-of-the-Yamnaya-genetic-component-in-the-populations-of-Europe-data-taken_fig2_318751121 which shows a different map for the Yamnaya admixture than the one included in this site... interestingly, in the map here...
  12. Jovialis

Reconciling the father tongue & mother tongue hypotheses in Indo-European populations

Reconciling the father tongue & mother tongue hypotheses in Indo-European populations For some reason the link to the original paper is DOI not found. http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/nsr/nwy083
  13. P

Is Basque an Indo-European language or not?

I've read some of Gianfranco Forni's texts on how Basque actually is an Indo-European language. Is it true, or not? And if not, can you debunk it in detail?
  14. Maciamo

My proposed tree of Indo-European languages

Johane Derite posted a list of different phylogenetic trees of IE languages proposed by various linguists in another thread. I thought it would be an ideal opportunity for me to post my proposed phylogenetic tree, which I have not only based on linguistic evidence, but also on archaeological and...
  15. L

Indo-European Archaeology

First of all, I'm sorry for my bad english. I have a big interest on indo-europeans studies and I want to know how is going the archaeology. I mean, what countries spends money on that? There are scholarships? How it works?
  16. A

Hey could someone help me with that its for a school project

So I know that Ancient greek haplogroups were J2 from Minoans and Cyclades and R1b from indoeuropean dorians . Did ancient greeks have big ammounts of other haplogroups too ? Do modern greeks have the same haplogroups ? Whats the difference between ancient and modern greeks ? And if Minoans and...
  17. C

Mycenaeans R1a or R1b?

By the latest genetic studies, which haplogroup do you think the early Mycenaen Greeks represent, R1a or R1b? Greek being a centum language suggests R1b but Greek shares some features with R1a Indo-Iranian as well.
  18. Jovialis

Scandinavia's Earliest Farmers Exchanged Terminology with Indo-Europeans

Early farmers in southern Scandinavia helped to influence Proto-Indo-European language.
  19. Balkanite

The indo-europeanization of Yamnaya

Is there anyone until now who has proposed that the steppe people were indo-europeanized by the Cucuteni-trypilian culture before they entered Europe? That would sure explain why the balkans doesn't have as much steppe input as northern europe, and why the balkans seem to have older branches of...
  20. Maciamo

New map of Y-gaplogroup G2a-L497

This clade was found in the Cucuteni-Trypillian culture (as I had predicted), which explains the hotspot around Moldova. G2a-L497 (or actually its Z1816 subclade) was probably assimilated by the R1b-U152 Proto-Italo-Celts before moving to the Alps. Not only is there a strong geographic...
Back