whg

1. A

Average Percentages of WHG, ENF, and ESH Ancestry in Modern Europeans

My friend recently did a DNA test with Family Tree DNA and his ancientOrigins results came back with him being 50% Hunter Gatherer, 39% Neolithic Farmer, and 11% Eastern Steppe Herder. This was surprising to me because I was under the impression that the percentage of European hunter gatherer...
  2. Anfänger

Palaeogenomics of Upper Palaeolithic to Neolithic European hunter-gatherers

Palaeogenomics of Upper Palaeolithic to Neolithic European hunter-gatherers Abstract Modern humans have populated Europe for more than 45,000 years1,2. Our knowledge of the genetic relatedness and structure of ancient hunter-gatherers is however limited, owing to the scarceness and poor...
  3. M

WHG and EEF/CHG in the PCA

https://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/S0092-8674(22)00455-X?_returnURL=https%3A%2F%2Flinkinghub.elsevier.com%2Fretrieve%2Fpii%2FS009286742200455X%3Fshowall%3Dtrue From this paper There are some curiosities regarding this picture that I noticed and wanted to share(I already made a post about...
  4. M

Basques more WHG or Neolithic

One interesting detail about Basques, the only people that preserve relative old languages indigenous to Europe, Is that they have a lot more I2(Native) than G2(Inmigrant agriculturalist). Among Western European men the I2:G haplogroups ratio is way more 'equilibrated'. But for some reason...
  5. LeBrok

Glacial effect on Paleolithic and Mesolithic population.

I came upon a very interesting article and maps about the extent of Ice Age glaciers with enormous flood basins. Asia as we know it today didn't exist in the past. It was more of landscape of separate lands with huge seas between them and mountains of ice. Till pretty much the end of Ice Age...
  6. Maciamo

New map of West European Hunter-Gatherer (WHG) admixture

Here is the last of the three admixture maps based on Lazaridis et al. (2014) and Eurogenes. This map compares the genes of modern people to the DNA of a Mesolithic hunter-gatherer from the Loschbour cave in Luxembourg, who lived 8000 years ago and belonged to Y-DNA haplogroup I2a1b and mtDNA...
  7. LeBrok

Makin a map of EEF, WHG and ANE admixtures in Europe. Please post your data.

In order to make such maps we need a lot of data from all over the Europe. By the nature of this data collection it will be a self reporting project. It is not the best way, but it might be the only way to gather data for these maps. Please post your EEF, WHG, EEF numbers with place of birth...
Back