crime

1. Maciamo

Crime index from 250 European cities (Numbeo)

Numbeo is a well-known website to compare stats on quality of life, cost of living, property prices, and also the feeling of safety or insecurity of respondents all over the world. You'll find a list of the main European cities by crime index here. I was not satisfied with only 150 cities, so I...
  2. Maciamo

Crime Crime maps of Europe

I have made a series of map using the data from Numbeo as of late 2022. The maps do not show the actual crime rate, but the fear of crimes being committed. So this reflects the sense of insecurity of the population, which is as important as the actual crime rates. The advantage of Numbeo is...
  3. Maciamo

Crime New map of gun homicide rates by country

Gun control is a major issue in the United States and for a good reason as the USA has the highest firearm-related homicide rate in the developed world at 4.46 per 100,000 in 2017 and increasing (2017 had more gun homicides than anytime since 1993 according to GunPolicy.org). No country in...
  4. Jovialis

Thousands of Ancient Greek & Egyptian Artifacts Recovered from Smuggling Operations

Thousands of Ancient Greek & Egyptian Artifacts Recovered from Smuggling Operations It truly upsets me to see such priceless artifacts stolen, and probably irreparably damaged in the process of smuggling. I would prosecute the smugglers to the fullest extent of the law.
  5. Wheal

Will DNA prove bones are missing girl?

The U.S. was held spellbound by the missing teenager in Aruba. Now, bones have been found and claimed to be from the missing girl did not reveal anything until mtDNA proved they were from a person of European descent. What will comparison with her mother prove...
Back