illyria

1. EV13SON

United Balkan States?

Would any Balkan countries ever consider uniting under a Federal government? Is there any sense of unity between any of the Balkan countries? Are they all satisfied with their current boundaries? Not that I want to give anyone ideas especially in these crazy times :laughing...
  2. A

E1b1b proto Illyrian haplogroup

To explain the title immediately. My thesis is that the proto Illyrian haplogroup must have been the haplogroup E1b1b without a doubt, and there are several reasons. The Illyrians were a people that almost all ancient authors place on the territory of today's modern Albania. Taulanti, Parthini...
  3. Maciamo

MyTrueAncestry MyTrueAncestry - closest modern countries to ancient ethnicities

This thread is dedicated to comparing the the closest results of people from various European countries and regions to specific ancient archaeological cultures (e.g. Corded Ware, Unetice, Nordic Bronze Age, Villanovan, Hallstatt) or specific unmixed ethnic groups (Romans, Gauls, Franks, Saxons...
  4. N

Ancient Pannonians and Ancient Illyrians....I2 and E-V13

Classical Greco-Roman autors (eg Livius, Strabo, Velleius Paterculus, Plinius Maior, Tacitus in Germania, Appianus, Cassius Dio ... etc ...) mention particular ethnic community in the Western Balkans, the Pannonian basin and central Europe as Pannonians (Παννόνιοι; Pannonii). As Pannonians...
  5. Fatherland

Albanians = Illyrian

Let us clarify this once and for all. Albanians, Ghegs in particular, carry 90%+ of the old y-lineages of Illyrians: It seems people in here cannot deal with this fact, it is a large pill to swallow, yet it is the truth.
  6. HiveMindTerror

Are South Slavs more Balkan Native than Slavic?

I'm genuinely curious if this has been "decided" anywhere by credible researchers. South Slavs have a different stock of haplogroups than Northern Slavs, and cluster together rather than with other European groups. Clearly we're our own family-branch. Coincidentally the people with the highest...
  7. Balkanite

New map of J-M241>L283 (J2b2)

Hello folks, long time no see. A member of the albanian DNA project has created this map. He compiled all of the frequencies from nearly a hundred academic papers, covering the whole of Europe. I think it has turned out pretty nice actually.
  8. Fustan

J2b2-L283 (proto-illyrian)

This haplogroup is mostly found among Albanians, and seems to be most diverse there. J2b2-L283 was also found in Bronze Age croatia (and it's funny Macaiamo doesn't mention Albanians on the J2b2 page on Eupedia, there seems to be a strong bias on his part for some strange reason). Wondering if...
  9. Maciamo

J2b as an IE lineages of the ancient Illyrians & Mycenaeans

The new paper on the Genomic History of Southeastern Europe by Mathieson et al. identified the first ancient J2b2 sample in Europe. This sample was found in Middle Bronze Age southern Croatia, at Veliki Vanik and dates from 1700-1500 BCE. It has been proposed by archeologists that the...
  10. Abeis

Illyrian and Albanian - a linguistic approach

This thread purports to give a detailed overview on Albanian as being the sole survivor of Illyrian language(s). Much ink has been spilt in pinpointing the predecessor of modern Albanian. While there is an ongoing debate, I myself hold the view that Albanian is quite likely stemmed from...
  11. Evilixir

Messapian peoples : Possible Illyrian-E-V13 connection ?

Hello to all! First of all i'm new to this forum, but only in terms of creating an account, cause i follow it from a long time. And this is my very first post here. :satisfied: I was reading about the tribes inhabiting in Italy before the Roman expansion. The Messapians were a group which...
  12. RHAS

Haplogroup J2, Thracians, Illyrians, Phrygians, Vlachs and others.

Haplogroup J2 and Thracians. "Cruciani et al.’s E-V13 and J2-M12 coalescence times bear a striking similarity to carbon-14-based date calculations for certain archaeological sites in the Maritsa river valley and its tributaries, near the city of Nova Zagora, Bulgaria (Nilolova, 2002). These...
  13. Maciamo

I2a-Din came to the Balkans and Dinaric Alps with the Thracians, Dacians & Illyrians

I2a-Din came to the Balkans and Dinaric Alps with the Thracians, Dacians & Illyrians I have given more thought about the origin of I2a-Din (L621>L147.2) and came to the following conclusion. During the Mesolithic the I2a1 (P37.2) hunter-gatherers must have occupied a vast part of western...
Back