Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum

View Poll Results: Do you think cannabis (marijuana/hashish) should be legal ?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, there is absolutely no reason to make it illegal

52 40.94%
  • If tobacco and alcohol are legal, then cannabis should be as well

28 22.05%
  • Maybe, but we lack scientific evidence to know whether it is nocive or not

5 3.94%
  • It should be legal only for medical reason (with prescription)

26 20.47%
  • I am completely against it, but not against tobacco and alcohol

3 2.36%
  • I would ban it altogether with cigarettes and alcohol

13 10.24%
  • Don't know

0 0%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should cannabis be legal in every country ?

Look who's back! Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Filipino

My verdict on mary jane

If it's for medical reason, so be it. Otherwise, it cannot be used. And for the medical reason case, every patient will have to be supervised very carefully that they don't traffick it. It needs to also be in tablets, and not in leafs, some which may be laced. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Co-owner: Jovesca Records Achievements:
    1 year registered

Orgi. Born in Ceiba,Puerto Rico, now live in orlando,Fl

Ethnic group
    African American

Quote Originally Posted by Hachiko
    If it's for medical reason, so be it. Otherwise, it cannot be used. And for the medical reason case, every patient will have to be supervised very carefully that they don't traffick it. It needs to also be in tablets, and not in leafs, some which may be laced. NO EXCEPTIONS.
    TAblets?? which may be laced...
    [shakes head..]
    I believe that it should be legalized. The govt. could have some control if they weren't trying to bust everyone that sells it. Even though they know some people who have it, ship it in, or move it...there are still millions who get it here that they don't know about it. The medical reason are are sooo useful, with a much milder side-effect from small doses, while cigarettes do twice as bad a job.
    I think most people need to realize that there is not much now'a'days thats absolutely healthy for you. I mean if you go to some of the islands and find out about remedies use for problems that a person has, cannabis finds it way into most of them. I mean it can be made into a tea for coughing fits and arthritis[spl?]. Then the fact its use for cancer patients...I mean true it has its bad size for people who would abuse it. But look at the way that people abuse cigarettes and alcohol.......We all know the consequences of it yet its legal....
    Somethings are going to be useful like this, if moderated and used properly. Thats my opinion.
    "An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind." ~ Buddha
    "I am clever because I know the cause of my ignorance..." ~ Bruce Lee

Cacawate Fan Club: President "Personal" Assitant

Dog Youkai Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Caucasian

Quote Originally Posted by EscaFlowne
    TAblets?? which may be laced...
    [shakes head..]
    I believe that it should be legalized. The govt. could have some control if they weren't trying to bust everyone that sells it. Even though they know some people who have it, ship it in, or move it...there are still millions who get it here that they don't know about it. The medical reason are are sooo useful, with a much milder side-effect from small doses, while cigarettes do twice as bad a job.
    I think most people need to realize that there is not much now'a'days thats absolutely healthy for you. I mean if you go to some of the islands and find out about remedies use for problems that a person has, cannabis finds it way into most of them. I mean it can be made into a tea for coughing fits and arthritis[spl?]. Then the fact its use for cancer patients...I mean true it has its bad size for people who would abuse it. But look at the way that people abuse cigarettes and alcohol.......We all know the consequences of it yet its legal....
    Somethings are going to be useful like this, if moderated and used properly. Thats my opinion.

My opinion pretty much also.. I just say we should have to make our own decision if we choose to harm ourself then thats our choice. The government shouldnt be there to slap us on the hand everytime we make a bad choice like we are all some 2 year olds.
    "Kanpeki to chau, jinsei no shuushi
    Puramai zero da nanteba honto ka na?
    Shinu made ni tsukaikiru, un no kazu
    Semete, jibun de dashiire wo sasete
    "

Do your good deed for the day!

Help out the give playaa GOOD reputation points foundation!

Member Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Canadian

I think my home province of BC is leaning towards legalizing pot so they can tax the crap out of it. The law is very lenient here. They just go after the grow-ops, they don't care too much about the dealers/smokers.
    Budderfly.net 8i8 Budderfly Forums 8i8 Live Journal
    The village called. Their idiot is missing.

Southern Sun Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Overall activity: 0%

Ethnic group
    Albanian

On the point about Cannabis, I also feel that it should be legalized. Just because it will become legal, it wont mean that everybody will start to smoke it and get hooked on it. When something is illegal it has a certain appeal to it. You want to do what you are prohibited. Also, on Hard drugs, whatever that means, I think it would be better if the Gov regulated their sale as well. So, if one wants to buy extcasy, he can go to a state-owned facility and buy it. At least in this way, he can receive info on the potency and effects of the drug, and not just buy anything in random out in the street that he has no idea how it has been "cut" or with wat.

Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    White Atheist

Yes, it should be legal, considering it's safer than Alcohol. How many deaths/injuries/addiction problems are there per year because of alcohol? fights, drink driving, etc etc....it just doesn't compare to cannabis.

Cannabis makes you feel more relaxed and laid back, while alcohol just makes you unstable.

Then again, I'm not too keen on the idea of youths going round smoking it all the time, because it can make you do stupid things, even if less so than alcohol.

カメハメ波! Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    caucasoid

Quote Originally Posted by Areku
    Then again, I'm not too keen on the idea of youths going round smoking it all the time, because it can make you do stupid things, even if less so than alcohol.
    And not just make you do stupid things, but it can make you stupid.

1 year registered

Ethnic group
    White Atheist

haha, yeah I've met quite a few people who smoke it waaaay too much and live their lives in a kind of constant trance. Maybe that's going a bit too far

カメハメ波! Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    caucasoid

I'd say that it is.

THE CRAZY OLD GUY !! Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    German/French/Scottish

I Guess What Scares Me Is.....

the person who feels they can't live without the drug, but can't come up with the money legally, to buy it. I don't want to be their victim when they steal, rob, or even kill to get the money they need. I'm not to sure I want to depend on someone who is stoned to provide a service for me either? Would you want a paramedic trying to save your life or driving you in an ambulance at high speed while stoned? I think if pot were as available as alcohol we
    would double our problems we now have with booze alone!

Frank

TAKE WHAT I SAY WITH A GRAIN OF SUGAR !!

I USED TO BE FUNNY, BUT MY WIFE HAD ME NEUTERED!

カメハメ波! Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    caucasoid

I doubt it. People are using it anyway. It's not like whether it's legalized will change that all that much. Even during prohibition I'm sure there were people who went to work drunk.

I jump to conclusions Achievements:
    1 year registered

I still think one of the greatest jokes in America is that alcohol and tobacco are legal and cannabis isn't. The same thing applies to ephedra.

Too many people fear what they don't understand. You can't buy ephedra, but there are drive-thru booze stores?

Finally Enlighted One Achievements:
    1 year registered

I'm all for it...not that I smoke but it would be a good time out after work. Head to the local pub and light one up.

Seriously, I agree...what's the difference if tobacco and alcohol are legal? Just put an age restriction on it like 21 to 25 and laws about working under the influence of it.

super famicom Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Cornish

the bill of rights is written on the stuff

Knight Achievements:
    1 year registered

No, I don't like cannibals.

They always leave behind such a mess after they eat.

Co-owner: Jovesca Records Achievements:
    1 year registered

Orgi. Born in Ceiba,Puerto Rico, now live in orlando,Fl

Ethnic group
    African American

[Looks at Golgo_13]
    Cannibals.....
    Cannibis.......

1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Asian

I call it 'Bungy' just because it sounds funny.
    For a medicinal reason, if the scientists came to a conclusion that cannabis is the only cure for whatever the simptoms, which I doubt strongly, they should go ahead and use it.

It is hard to tell when someone is stoned since you can hide it pretty easily w/ eyedrops or mints, and by looking as serious, though Bungy does make you have poor cordination and influences on the short term memory. I agree w/ Frank on not wanting to be treated or have a ride by a stoner.

It is smoking after all, which has a secondhand smoking problem, can be inhaled by children or infants.

1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Russia...i think

i don't really smoke it, usually i just allow friends to hothouse the room .
    but, um, i'll have to quote Bill Hicks on this:
    "Marijuana grows naturaly on the earth. Making marijuana against the law, is like saying that God made a mistake"
    It's quite ironic that the most religious developed country in the world, America, also has the toughest marijuana laws.
    Who was Hitler?... a petty dictator living in the times of Stalin.

Everyone is intelligent...some before; some afterwards.

... my mood while I've been on this forum... in reverse order!!! hehe

...what?!... Achievements:
    1 year registered

Alcohol tastes good and thats why i drink it.. to force your body into getting used to inhaling smoke (You caugh for a reason you know) is STUPID ! ! !

I smoke.. i don't like it... but i do... I'm an IDIOT ! !

Ban all tobacko and other crap that we smoke , then future genarations of stupid kids won't start smoking...
    If In Doubt...
    Run And Hide...

1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by Sinspawne
    Ban all tobacko and other crap that we smoke , then future genarations of stupid kids won't start smoking...
    That would only work in another dimension. Lots of banned things around which still find a lot of users.

sleep deprived Achievements:
    1 year registered

I'm one of those 'annoying people' who hates cigs/alcohol/drugs in general. Aside from the whole 'it's horrible for your body, destroys your brain, and makes you act like a total idiot' arguments...

They say the crime rates for people on weed is low, but they don't have any tests that can prove whether or not you've smoked up. Driving when you're stoned is dangerous, but I know people who do all the time. So essentially until they can develop a test to determine if a person is 'under the influence' I don't think they should consider making it legal.

1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by DragonChan
    I'm one of those 'annoying people' who hates cigs/alcohol/drugs in general. Aside from the whole 'it's horrible for your body, destroys your brain, and makes you act like a total idiot' arguments...

They say the crime rates for people on weed is low, but they don't have any tests that can prove whether or not you've smoked up. Driving when you're stoned is dangerous, but I know people who do all the time. So essentially until they can develop a test to determine if a person is 'under the influence' I don't think they should consider making it legal.

Not to me you are not an annoying person. On the contrary, you are one of the rare, smart human that care for your body.

Cannabis is a drug and should be used for illments. Using for any other reason is an addiction. Unfortunate, this world is full of human addicts.

Addictions only benefit to organized crime. The user is a looser victimized.

カメハメ波! Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    caucasoid

Quote Originally Posted by cathy
    Using for any other reason is an addiction. Unfortunate, this world is full of human addicts.

Addictions only benefit to organized crime. The user is a looser victimized.
    It's not addictive. Using for recreational purposes isn't addiction. Anyway, do alcoholics benefit organized crime?

Captain of the Vessel Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Dutch

Well, I think it's legal in my country to use cannabis. But to say it's safer than tabbaco, no. Isn't cannabis used in combination with tabacco? Cannabis can make people paranod as well. But I do think it should be legal. I'm a liberal and I think people above the age of 18 are old enough to make a decesion about using it. I can easily get my hands on drugs, though it doesn't pick my intrest and so I don't use it. Classmates of mine do, but I guess it's their choice.

I think allowing it, would be better. The Goverment could have more influence on the quality of cannabis etc. But only allowed from age 18 and upwards.

1 year registered

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    It's not addictive. Using for recreational purposes isn't addiction. Anyway, do alcoholics benefit organized crime?

Alchohol is one of the things that organized crime live on. They counterfeit everything, and alchohol is one of the best bootleg for organized crime, since many people drink alchoholic beverage. The underground black market make bootleg alchoholic beverage with: cheap perfume,window cleaner, shoe polish, and other toxic ingredients. Then they sell to stores very cheep. if the store refuse to buy from them, the mob intimedate them.

Drug and alchohol goes hand on hand.

Believe or not, the organized crime got their hands everyware. And the politicians, (including presidents, and, high and low, law autoruty is involved.

the biggest and rootless one in USA organized crime are not italian mafiya but the jwish mafiya. They control just about everything in USA, Europe, Midle East, and Russia. Plus many other country around the world.

If you go googling for jew, you will find things that you and millions other citezens, never dream otf it.

A good book to read is: "the Godfather Of the Kremlin", or "joe the hit man".

The author of The Godfather of the kremlin, was gunned down not to long go buy the organized crime. So other 15 reporters and writers.

Many hundreds of people, eather are gunned down or killed by "natural couse" like car incidents heart attack and so fort. The authority can`t reveal the real couse, they are afraid of the retaliation of the mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by 60Yen
    Well, I think it's legal in my country to use cannabis. But to say it's safer than tabbaco, no. Isn't cannabis used in combination with tabacco? Cannabis can make people paranod as well. But I do think it should be legal. I'm a liberal and I think people above the age of 18 are old enough to make a decesion about using it. I can easily get my hands on drugs, though it doesn't pick my intrest and so I don't use it. Classmates of mine do, but I guess it's their choice.

I think allowing it, would be better. The Goverment could have more influence on the quality of cannabis etc. But only allowed from age 18 and upwards.
    Government leaders never gone to ligalize drug. They are deep involved themself with the organized crime. There`s big money involved. Its not convenient to to them, to let regular citezens obtain their own.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast