Society Should cannabis be legal in every country ?

Do you think cannabis (marijuana/hashish) should be legal ?

• Yes, there is absolutely no reason to make it illegal

Votes: 52 41.3%
  • If tobacco and alcohol are legal, then cannabis should be as well

Votes: 29 23.0%
  • Maybe, but we lack scientific evidence to know whether it is nocive or not

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • It should be legal only for medical reason (with prescription)

Votes: 26 20.6%
  • I am completely against it, but not against tobacco and alcohol

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I would ban it altogether with cigarettes and alcohol

Votes: 12 9.5%
  • Don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Interesting thought. Making it legal in all European countries would be an idea. You could generate profits from official businesses and taxes, actually help those people very addicted (as with alcohol) better and controll those who just rarely use it.

But the political chances for this to happen are probably very very low.

YES, cannabis is only harmful to the addictive personality. But then, so are alcohol and tobacco.

Banning weed is as stupid as banning alcohol. It's all about the taxes and nothing more.

If you look at alcohol, especially in the UK where binge drinking is a problem, look at how people act, how they speak to others, and how they compose themselves in public. They abuse people verbally, physically and mentally, they seem to lose all respect for their surroundings and themselves. Most rapes happen when the women (and men) are drunk. I am perfectly comfortable with saying that alcohol is by FAR (with the exception of maybe heroin and cocaine) the WORST thing people take to intoxicate themselves. People who smoke weed are chilled, relaxed and would never dream of acting the way people do on alcohol. Same goes for ecstasy, amphetamines etc.

If I had my way, alcohol would be banned and other drugs would be legal, especially cannabis.

Not sure that alcohol should be banned, since despite the fact that it's obviously worse than marijuana, most people are nonetheless perfectly capable of using it responsibly. On all other accounts I agree 100%. Frankly, I think all drugs should be legalized. The weaklings that look to drugs to deal with life do it regardless of whether or not the substance in question - whether that be alcohol, heroin, cocaine, whatever - is legally permitted. But if they were all legal, it would harm the various criminal organizations that depend on drug dealing, it would allow the substances to be taxed, monitored and regulated, and it would empty our ridiculously overcrowded (only really referring to the U.S. here) prisons of a lot of folks that did no crime other than trying to get themselves high. Marijuana, being the most harmless one, should be the first legalized substance. But in time, I think all of them should be allowed.

I to think we should make them legal. It would cut down on violence around the globe. I do not do drugs other than a beer from time to time. But I don't agree with drug testing on job sites unless they can tell you did it on the clock. I believe what a man does in his own home is up to him. By making drugs legal jails would be less populated and a far less burden on tax payers

No, i have smoked alot of weed, so much that i know enough about it.
People say you cannot be addicted to weed, well.. That is just not right, mabye you can't physical, but i tell you, you can 100% be mental.
I smoked 10-15g weed every day(I know it's not healty) I was addicted to it, my live was stopping, the only think i was thinking on was >smoke some weed<..
But 1 thing will continue to another, and sure it was, i was taking alot of other things.

Like Playaa say "Your body, your choice" -But some people can't see how much it's really destorying your life in the end, if you can't hold it on a minimum..

I would say legalize it, if not the awful smell that carries very far.

Smoke some and then decide for yourself what they should do with that; careful not to get too intoxicated.

There are many people for and against marijuana use.

Legalize it, but limit it's use.

I cant think of ANY reason why it should be Illegal , ANYwhere.

in fact, I am smoking a blunt right now!

I would say legalize it, if not the awful smell that carries very far.
when it smells like skunk, that's how you know it's good

No, i have smoked alot of weed, so much that i know enough about it.
People say you cannot be addicted to weed, well.. That is just not right, mabye you can't physical, but i tell you, you can 100% be mental.
I smoked 10-15g weed every day(I know it's not healty) I was addicted to it, my live was stopping, the only think i was thinking on was >smoke some weed<..
But 1 thing will continue to another, and sure it was, i was taking alot of other things.

Like Playaa say "Your body, your choice" -But some people can't see how much it's really destorying your life in the end, if you can't hold it on a minimum..

a person can be mentally addicted to ANYTHING, food, drugs, sex, another person, etc..... has nothing to do with the actual substance. That is more of a mental thing with the user.

By making drugs legal jails would be less populated and a far less burden on tax payers

those are also some of the very reasons marijuana remains illegal on the federal level in the U.S.

Canada outlawed marijuana in 1923, as a result of participation in international conferences about the scourge of recreational drug use, even though very few people in Canada used marijuana for anything other than medical purposes at that time. It didn't become a popular recreational drug here until the 1960s. A federal commission looked at the situation and recommended legalization in the 1970s, but that didn't happen because of pressure from the American government. And now we have a government of right wing dicks here in Canada who want to increase penalties for marijuana use, growth and distribution. They're putting a lot of people in jail for no reason, and hurting our balance of payments with the U.S. by preventing the growth and export of marijuana to the large market to the south of us.

I gather that the American history of marijuana use goes back a lot further, and some attempts to outlaw it were made in the 19th century, but its eventual prohibition on a federal level in the U.S. mostly had to do with finding work for government agents who had lost their jobs because of the repeal of alcohol prohibition there.

Does anyone know the history of marijuana use in Europe? I read something about smoking pipes that Shakespeare used being examined for drug residue and they apparently found traces of marijuana and cocaine, but I don't know if those results were ever confirmed.

Does anyone know the history of marijuana use in Europe? I read something about smoking pipes that Shakespeare used being examined for drug residue and they apparently found traces of marijuana and cocaine, but I don't know if those results were ever confirmed.

on the history channel they had a show one time that did exhibit those pipes known to have belonged to Shakespeare and they did say that yes, they had marijuana residue on them.

plus, when you look at something like "A Mid-Summer's Night Dream" it makes you wonder.........

on the history channel they had a show one time that did exhibit those pipes known to have belonged to Shakespeare and they did say that yes, they had marijuana residue on them.

plus, when you look at something like "A Mid-Summer's Night Dream" it makes you wonder.........

LOL. When I look at something like "A Midsummer's Night's Dream", it makes me wonder whether the Bard was smoking opium, or was maybe a time travelling acidhead.

This thread has been viewed 219394 times.

Back