Too Much TV in Childhood Tied to Poor Health Later

Hachiko

Look who's back!
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Filipino
NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - The amount of television watched as a child is directly related to the risk of health problems as an adult, new research shows.

Although previous reports have linked childhood television viewing with adverse health, no long-term studies have looked at the effects on adult health, lead author Dr. Robert J. Hancox and colleagues, from the University of Otago in Dunedin, New Zealand, note in The Lancet medical journal.

The team studied 1000 subjects who were born in Dunedin in the early 1970s and followed at regular intervals until 26 years of age. Television viewing was assessed with interviews conducted at 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, and 21 years of age.

Yahoo! News

Well, That Explains It All !!!

I've been hooked on it for 50 years! No wonder I need glasses, am overweight, and have no teeth! I can't believe I lived through all those re-runs!

Frank

:blush:

ha its easy for ppl to blame TV for their own problems lol dont get me wrong ive watched alot of tv but im not overweight i have 20/20 vision all im saying is that TV cant be responsible for our all problems cause it would to easy in life to say "its not my fault im overweight blame TV" or "its not my fault i diden get the paperwork done i was to busy watching TV blame that" sry for sounding like an a-hole but thats what i gots to say :p

I watch tv i am not overweight but my vision snucks its not like i am blind contacts help.But i guess you can't blame t.v. for your problems you could have got up and walked away anytime you want to.sorry,If i sound like a a-hole.

i have to disagree with this thread... i've heard that some tv and games have actually been known to cause weight loss... but it was mostly dancing though!!!
*shrugs*

i've watched sooo much tv.. and i weigh alot less than i should... 22 years old, 185 cm tall and last time i weighed myself i had even LOST a couple of kilos and i now stand at 66.6 kilos.. i think it may be some sort of sign XD

my vision isn't perfect, but that runs in the family...

I agree with knives.. it's easy to just blame TV or anything else for that matter.. it all comes down to what a lazy fark the overweights are and what they do to counter-act the fatness...

If they're happy with their weight then so be it.. i'm not gonna argue with someone what's correct and what's not if they WANT to look extremely thin or extremely fat.. but if they complain and blame tv, they deserve to be stomped on the foot and called sissies... atleast...

This thread has been viewed 13484 times.

Back