Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In what kind of relationship do people get HIV/AIDS more easily ?

Ethnic group
    ..still at it?.. go away!

(EDITED by Maciamo) Split from original topic : Japanese morals

---------------------------------------------------
    dude? you stopped talking to her??

if she's like that, she's a sure fark if you want when you're in japan! those things don't grow on trees you know!

personally i don't see what the big deal is... i haven't slept with 12+ girls, but it's not from lack of trying... (12+??? what an odd figure... i mean.. 10+ sure.. but why would you say 12+?)

and dont give me that "she's a slut, that repulses me" crap! if you're so stuck up you can't even let a girl have some fun, i guess that's just too bad...

just cuz SHE had sex with all those guys doesn't mean YOU get the cooties.. im sure she's showered inbetween -_-

besides, a girl that's had lots of sex is experienced.. she'll show you a good time like none the virgins can even touch..

young+experienced=good
    Last edited by Maciamo; 23-07-04 at 03:40.
    夜露死苦!

www.twisted-irony.com - Webcomic. updates=bad
    I find affence at your post as I ware eyeglass and have lmited site.
    Sankyuu~!

Ethnic group
    white english

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedMac
    dude? you stopped talking to her??

if she's like that, she's a sure fark if you want when you're in japan! those things don't grow on trees you know!

personally i don't see what the big deal is... i haven't slept with 12+ girls, but it's not from lack of trying... (12+??? what an odd figure... i mean.. 10+ sure.. but why would you say 12+?)

and dont give me that "she's a slut, that repulses me" crap! if you're so stuck up you can't even let a girl have some fun, i guess that's just too bad...

just cuz SHE had sex with all those guys doesn't mean YOU get the cooties.. im sure she's showered inbetween -_-

besides, a girl that's had lots of sex is experienced.. she'll show you a good time like none the virgins can even touch..

young+experienced=good
    wow wow wow, hold up pal. You crack me up with your comments really you do
    lol i havent stopped talking to her, we just aint spoken for months, cos we couldnt be botherd to type a e-mail out, man when im over in tokyo , ill get in touch with her again, lol geeez what you playing at slating me =P
    lol your comments just make me laugh, 12+ guys when she is 18, ummm seems abit dodgy. But you cant tell me what i am, or i shud do. Its your opinion.We have differant morals and standards , we are differant pal. But no problem your a really funny person, keep the funny posts coming !!!
    Luke - Nice guys always lose

Club Tocoo Cheap Japan Hotels, Best on the Web.

Wow I like those morals too,

Ethnic group

as it says in my sig "it's just my 2 Sen" ^^ i certainly hope everyone i rub shoulders with understands that everything i say (everything!) is just my opinion.. not something i expect people to consider as "the right thing" or even "the thing that is better than your thing".. i truly believe that ones own opinions are the best for ones own life, so whatever anyone believes, as much as it may go against anyone else beliefs, is the right thing for YOU...

this also applies if you change your mind.. if you reevaluate something it's the new opinion that's best for you.. anyone is allowed to change his or her opinion as often as they like...

i just voice my opinion alot because it makes me happy ^^ it's something i enjoy doing.. especially if i can humour someone at the same time... if i make your day just a tad brighter by amusing you, do tell me.. that'll make my day a bit brighter aswell ^^

and... oh yeah, i sorta misinterpreted you then ^^ gomen!

right, done ^^

*gives arch rep points for making me happy* I CAN REP POINT FOR WHATEVER I WANT!! XD

Ethnic group
    white english

lol no problem m8y, !!!! i dint read your sig so now i understand. Anyways i really mean you do make me laugh !!!! keep them coming.
    Anyways back to the topic....

Marshmellow Bunny Says...

Ethnic group
    Too damn white...

Quote Originally Posted by Arch
    umm i certainly see where you are coming from. I used to keep in a touch with a j-girl called Alice, she was a really nice girl. However she got into a conversation about relationships, and she said she had slepted with 12+ guys, while dating other guys. She was surprised that i had not slepted with 12+ girls, she seemed it was acceptable. I know its indvidual but it does say something about cultural gap, as in many other countires this would be seen as a bad thing. She siad she dint see what the problem was if know one got hurt.
    But really it is down to your own morals and what you believe in. Thx very much for the post Maciamo very interesting and valid points.
    Ouch... is this that common? I just can't understand this myself.
    -Emoni
    "Marshmellow... Mmm shmooffy!"

Quote Originally Posted by digicross
    As for the girl who slept with 12+ guys.

Either she is really frank (almost to the bordering of psycho) or she is just a figment of someone's imagination.
    No figment methinks. Basically Japan's sexual culture has been going through a rollercoaster of changes over the last three decades or so and it hasn't settled down yet.

They started off pretty secretive, repressed and (in a certain sense) ignorant and went through a steep drop towards open, 'loose' and (in a certain sense) experienced. (Although in other senses the amount of ignorance around is amazing.)

You can't view what they have now as a stable culture, sometime now they (specifically the youngsters) are going to go back the other way a bit.

Ethnic group
    white english

lol whatever, i was only stating an example of my experience of what a japanese girl had told me, i stated my opinion and i got slated for it.
    Well when i go over there, ill have to do what a mans gota do
    Last edited by Arch; 19-07-04 at 17:41.

Ethnic group
    european

whatever you know about Japanese "culture"...forget about it...cause the movies ARE NOT reality...sex is a very common thing in Japan...and not so "secretively" anymore than it used to be ....

guys we had a thread about this before...so let's stick to the moral thingies
    小豆研ぐか、人取ってくおか、ショキショキ〜♪
    Azuki togu ka, hito totte kuo ka, shoki shoki〜♪

Ethnic group
    Albanian

I want to know the view of Japanese towards death. It seems, to me, as they take it with a sort of cavelier attitude. Can anyone elaborate ?

yep...movies, j doramas, anime may reflect what is going on in da land, but hardly anybody in J-land equate that to reality....except for those exceptional people who have a hard time distinguising reality from fiction...
    also think that the nature of good and evil may be very dependent upon the individuals spoken to...when in a group environment, I find the Japanese will give a generic answer that everybody can agree upon, but in private, they are more independent upon what they truly believe, and that can vary widely, just like any other person from any other country...
    the constants I have found is that:
    1) in groups, they form a consensus on the topic at hand.
    2) in private they have varying views that may contradict with what was said in #1.
    3) in companies, they vote by the corporate will.
    4) the clueless folks are truly clueless
    5) I know nothing....

taken with these constants in mind, the answers you may get will vary
    I know nothing...except the answer is 42. You know more than I do.

Ethnic group

isn't the answer 42?

Omnipotence personified Mandylion's Avatar

Ethnic group
    very far removed Southerner-Viking; explains a lot

Quote Originally Posted by PaulTB
    No figment methinks. Basically Japan's sexual culture has been going through a rollercoaster of changes over the last three decades or so and it hasn't settled down yet.
    I wonder how Japan will deal with the challenges AIDS will pose if the free and loose attitudes continue. Will sex become more of a moral issue? I can't find the news article now, but Japan's AIDS problem is getting bigger. Unlike in the past, AIDS is not attacking through foreign sex workers, but between Japanese themselves. Tests are still hard to find and people would rather avoid discussions. Still, sex education at schools is about where it was in the US about 20 years ago (cursory, not a lot of time dealing with SDTs, how to be safer) - it seems as if they don't want to admit their young people are having sex, and almost no one wants to talk about it.
    "It's a d**n poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
    - Andrew Jackson

*points at quote, points at mandylions post*

Ethnic group

as much as i believe sex should be free to be had at every opportunity by those that wish to do so, i'm also a big fan of testing yourself for STDs..

it's every person responibility to make sure they're not passing on anything nasty...

other than that condoms are a must imo..

Quote Originally Posted by Mandylion
    I wonder how Japan will deal with the challenges AIDS will pose if the free and loose attitudes continue. Will sex become more of a moral issue? I can't find the news article now, but Japan's AIDS problem is getting bigger. Unlike in the past, AIDS is not attacking through foreign sex workers, but between Japanese themselves. Tests are still hard to find and people would rather avoid discussions. Still, sex education at schools is about where it was in the US about 20 years ago (cursory, not a lot of time dealing with SDTs, how to be safer) - it seems as if they don't want to admit their young people are having sex, and almost no one wants to talk about it.
    Fact is Japan doesnt have the drug problem it does back home with heroin etc using needles. This is a big problem with AIDS. And then there are GAYS. Sure Japan has gays too but they are mostly in the closet. You may see an increase in the Gay community....perhaps. But not on a wide spectrum. You see AIDS is not a hetorosexual problem. However Japan does have a HUGE problem with STD`s such as Clymidia etc etc. Japanese hetorosexual couples also are not big fans of anal sex......which is the danger when it comes to AIDS.

Ethnic group

Quote Originally Posted by Amazinggrace
    You see AIDS is not a hetorosexual problem
    what kind of [use your imagination] comment is that!?!?
    Last edited by Mandylion; 22-07-04 at 03:57. Reason: removing personal attacks

Where I'm Supposed to Be kirei_na_me's Avatar

Ethnic group
    caucasian(Swiss/English/Native American)

Um...interesting views Amazinggrace...
    You have bewitched me, body and soul...

Ethnic group
    Too damn white...

what kind of [not words of great praise or admiration] comment is that!?!?

Speaking of which, how on EARTH is Amazing still posting here? Especially after his last post on this thread. Get rid of this guy already please.
    Last edited by Mandylion; 22-07-04 at 03:58.

what kind of [la la la la ]comment is that!?!?
    Making the eagle scream again, Twisted? Drawing the long bow?
    It may just be a lack of education. Don't kill, but educate!

(Sorry for the idioms, but just found them on M-W & couldn't resist)

For Amazing..., take a look here:
    http://www.aids.org/info/FAQs.html

& about Japan:
    http://www.utopia-asia.com/aidsjp.htm

Quote from one of the news articles there:
    "Numerous surveys demonstrate that most men and women in their 20s do not use condoms. Kihara points to a lack of AIDS education for young people, whose ignorance about the subject she describes as "frightening." AIDS education in primary and middle school, which began just last year, focuses on eliminating HIV discrimination rather than teaching safe sex, AIDS activists complain. Activists and some academics also highlight a culture that discourages female assertiveness."

Japan may not have a big problem yet, but if ignored long enough AIDS/HIV will be a problem!
    Last edited by Mandylion; 22-07-04 at 03:58.

what kind of [南無阿弥陀仏] comment is that!?!?
    if it is narrow minded then a large % of Drs on this earth must be narrow-minded. stupid? retarded? homofobic?? no it is "homophobic" and how is my comment homophobic? did I say I hate gay people? inbred? what do you mean by inbred? are you racist? prejudice? loser? dont think so....[ ]It is a fact. AIDS is strongly related to male gay sex.
    study your subject.
    unless ofcoarse you are irrate cause you dont like me saying negative things about gays.
    I am just stating as to why Japan does not have a problem with AIDS. why do you think Japan doesnt have a problem with AIDS? Japanese people sleep around more so than any other people around the world (if not pretty damn close). Japanese have MULTIPLE partners. We all know this. Prostitution is HUGE in Japan....schoolgirls....housewives....you name it. Clymidia is a rampant STD in Japan....plus obvously other STD`s BUT not AIDS. Japanese also do not like to use condoms.
    Last edited by Mandylion; 22-07-04 at 04:00. Reason: removing personal attacks

Ethnic group
    I am White (non hispanic)

Accually I beg to differ I dont mean to ruffel any feathers by saying this but I saw a thing on the news where Asia (and they included Japan) is the second biggest AIDS epicenter in the world. The first is Africa in case anyone is interested.
    *Cacawate Bodyguard*

*lina inverse fan club member*

Quote Originally Posted by bossel
    Making the eagle scream again, Twisted? Drawing the long bow?
    It may just be a lack of education. Don't kill, but educate!

(Sorry for the idioms, but just found them on M-W & couldn't resist)

For Amazing..., take a look here:
    http://www.aids.org/info/FAQs.html

& about Japan:
    http://www.utopia-asia.com/aidsjp.htm

Quote from one of the news articles there:
    "Numerous surveys demonstrate that most men and women in their 20s do not use condoms. Kihara points to a lack of AIDS education for young people, whose ignorance about the subject she describes as "frightening." AIDS education in primary and middle school, which began just last year, focuses on eliminating HIV discrimination rather than teaching safe sex, AIDS activists complain. Activists and some academics also highlight a culture that discourages female assertiveness."

Japan may not have a big problem yet, but if ignored long enough AIDS/HIV will be a problem!
    educate?????

I NEVER said heterosexual people cannot get AIDS. It depends. It is difficult for a guy to get it form a girl, but is easy for a girl to get it from a guy. it is also easy for a guy to get it from a guy. it is difficult for a girl to get it from a girl. All of this taking in consideration the kind of sexual practice these groups do.
    what is this " Japan may not have a big problem yet, but if ignored long enough AIDS/HIV will be a problem!". AIDS has been around for 25 years. It does not take "breaks" nor is it discrimitory with regards to what country or group it will attack next. The Japanese dont have a huge AIDS problem because of what I said before. YES there are gays but many of them in the closet. Japan does not have "Gay Pride". (which is great!) nor are Japanese into Anal Sex which is the EASIEST and most COMMON way to get AIDS with sexual contact. Then then you have introvenice drugs. There is not a big problem in Japan for that either.
    As I have said AIDS has shown its face on all 4 corners fo the globe. 25 years it has been around. Sure you may see a SLIGHT increase in Japan if there was no eduacation but the greater problem I believe is common STD`s and clymidia where if left untreated can cause problems with a womens reproductive system.
    and on a last note you CAN get AIDS by doing only oral sex. But it is a very very slight risk just like Hetoralsexual sex (considering you do not engage in anal sex)

The studies you posted just states how you can get AIDS. Not who are the higher risk groups and who are the lower risk groups. This for obvious reasons

I am educated. and now you are!

It is a fact. AIDS is strongly related to male gay sex.
    study your subject.
    Nope, you should get your facts straight! Male homosexuals are only one of several high risk groups.
    If "AIDS is strongly related to male gay sex", how comes that "Today there are on average 13 infected women for every 10 infected men in sub-Saharan Africa up from 12 for 10 in 2002. The difference is even more pronounced among 15 to 24 year olds. A review compared the ratio of young women living with HIV to young men living with HIV; this ranges from 20 women for every 10 men in South Africa to 45 women for every 10 men in Kenya and Mali." (from UNAIDS)

Please educate yourself before you make more people angry at you!

From UNAIDS:
    "I/3 Are some subtypes of HIV associated with certain modes of
    transmission? Yes. For example, subtype B is associated mostly with homosexual contact and injecting drug use (essentially via blood). The recent, rapidly spreading HIV epidemic in Eastern Europe among injecting drug users is largely associated with a new B/A CRF. The epidemic in South-East Asia is mostly fuelled by heterosexual transmission of subtype C in India and China, or the A/E CRF in Thailand and neighbouring countries. However, it is still unclear whether some subtypes or their recombinant forms may be more infectious or more transmissible than others."

Editing:
    It is difficult for a guy to get it form a girl, but is easy for a girl to get it from a guy.
    Err, why should be transmission so much easier from m>f than from f>m? Educate me!

what is this " Japan may not have a big problem yet, but if ignored long enough AIDS/HIV will be a problem!". AIDS has been around for 25 years.
    Yeah, but it all depends how many carriers of the virus had impact on society, on which part of society, when the first cases occurred in that society & so on. That's why Africa is so full of HIV cases while parts of Asia have been virtually HIV-free for a long time.

nor are Japanese into Anal Sex which is the EASIEST and most COMMON way to get AIDS with sexual contact.
    Err... (again) Any sources? Educate me!

Ethnic group
    Too damn white...

Let me see, Amazing has called Japanese girls whores, he has made derogitory remarks against people who are gay, spit out random information, insulted everyone on the forum, and started a troll thread in the past.

He benefits this forum how? Anyone want to tell me? We need this type of crap on here?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast