Don't ignore the 'ignore list'.

kirei_na_me

Where I'm Supposed to Be
Reaction score
Ethnic group
caucasian(Swiss/English/Native American)
In the past few days, some of you might have noticed that there have been numerous conflicts going on.

This forum used to not be this way. In 10 years of being on the internet, I had not been on a more sane forum. For Thomas' sake, we will not let it go down the drain. I'm sorry.

If you get riled at anything a particular person says, please put them on your Ignore List. If you feel like you're just going to spontaneously combust at the very sight of another person's name, put them on ignore.

If we continue to have these confrontations featuring personal attacks where nothing short of "yo mama" is being said, we will start doing more than just deleteing posts and givng bad reps. We'll have to start banning people, either temporarily or permanently, depending on the 'crime'.

Please use those ignore lists and please show some consideration.

Thank you.
:bow:

Well said Kirei :) ....hope the ppl will be smart enough to use it.

I Can't Anymore??

I used to watch for new people who joined but did not post. I would PM them and say feel free to post; people on this Forum are SOOO polite & SOOO friendly, there are no fights or disagreements!(almost never) Then we have a running battle through 6 or 8 different threads and I look like an idiot for bragging how great the Forum is!
I guess I will become a "lurker" and keep my fingers quiet?

Frank

:(

I agree, i havent been hear too long, but about a year. When i first joined , they was no argument what so ever. They has been increasing disrespect for other peoples opinions and people just been plain rude. But im sure things can improve, i dint know the lists existed !
Thx very much for posting

Kirei is absolutely right, better ignore people than to go into tit-for-tat battles.
If you are someone who can't ignore others that talk to you, try to counter their insults with arguments. Sometimes even that helps, since they might get bored when they can't provoke you.

and as always if there is a problem everyone should feel free to contact any of us mods/advisors/admins, prefereably one who's online at the time, to get things taken care of.

jeisan said:
and as always if there is a problem everyone should feel free to contact any of us mods/advisors/admins, prefereably one who's online at the time, to get things taken care of.

Exactly. I think we're pretty approachable, ne? If there's a problem, we'll try to help the best way we know how.

If we continue to have these confrontations featuring personal attacks where nothing short of "yo mama" is being said, we will start doing more than just deleteing posts and givng bad reps. We'll have to start banning people, either temporarily or permanently, depending on the 'crime'.
Cutting wayward juniors out of the point system entirely sounds brutal but it would most likely stop such squabbles dead. :relief:

TwistedMac said:
I SEE THE GLARES!!

okok, i'll be good... :gomen:

lol nah, your as funny as hell even why you say stuff about me !

:D :D

kirei_na_me said:
Exactly. I think we're pretty approachable, ne? If there's a problem, we'll try to help the best way we know how.

ROCK! I'll be the first!

Ignoring others is an innate quality cannot be ...

Ignoring others is my strength. Some people call it a weakness, but I would just ignore them and their comments altogether and as usual. I am really good at it. No ignoring list is necessary.

Note: I am cool with people who ignore me too.

This is a really good point. I just joined in the beginning of October, and the reason was because everyone on here seemed pretty mature and was more interested in talking about Japan than bashing each other. That's gone away a little bit in the last couple weeks. I know nothing gold can stay, but let's try to keep it shiny for as long as possible, eh?

wow people really fight on this forum.....

its over now i hope...
Kirei when you ever need help... dont kick people out... i can talk to them, and i will give them some kind of LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ( wht am i talking about....)

if that doesnt help... well you know what to do....

but lets hope people stay nice to each other....

Nobody on this forum has wound me up enough to use the ignore list or bad rep them. One or two have come close, but I can just read their posts and take a time out and think to post or not to post. I find humour a good way out of these bad situations. If that doesn't work then I will not answer them and go down to their level. :wave:
Frank D. White said:
I used to watch for new people who joined but did not post. I would PM them and say feel free to post; people on this Forum are SOOO polite & SOOO friendly, there are no fights or disagreements!(almost never) Then we have a running battle through 6 or 8 different threads and I look like an idiot for bragging how great the Forum is!
I guess I will become a "lurker" and keep my fingers quiet?

Frank

:(
Don't bcome a lurker Frank. It makes you sound as if you live in a dark, dank basement. Your posts and wisdom bring that ray of light to us all and keep most of us sane :(

kirei_na_me said:
In the past few days, some of you might have noticed that there have been numerous conflicts going on.If we continue to have these confrontations featuring personal attacks where nothing short of "yo mama" is being said, we will start doing more than just deleteing posts and givng bad reps. We'll have to start banning people, either temporarily or permanently, depending on the 'crime'. Please use those ignore lists and please show some consideration.Thank you.
:bow:

Are there bannings now? The expat site I am a member of in Taiwan seems to have a regular banning going on. Say one a month or so.

I agree these attacks need to stop. I have tried to remain calm my whole time being in this place though sometimes i lash out or say something that is not really nessesary. It can be very hard to just sit back and not reply. Maybe ignor is the way to go.

I think there was a banning recently Ironman

This thread has been viewed 99398 times.

Back