Philosophy Descartes

lexico said:
You know Bob, I never thought of it this way. This is pretty creative, and I would like to apply it to some of my classes, if that's okay with you.

Feel free to do so if you think that it is applicable.

I think I know what you're trying to say, however, I would rather think of the mental m* part (by which you referred to the conjugation excercise) as an object of subjective evaluation first. If indeed the outcome happens to be one of a non-significant nature, then your conclusion is apt in that real existence surpasses a representation of it in your brain. If not, that in itself means the representation itself has assumed a stronger existence than the real one.

Actually, to speak of sensation at the level of somatic existence and cognition at the level of mental signification is a kind of abstraction, isn't it? It may help the student of anatomy grasp his trade in technical jargon, but does either have any meaning on its own? A body without the head, or the head without the body?

So I was wondering if you could fill me in on the quantum leap that is a little difficult for me to grasp in full. ;)

LOL!!! I wasn't really advocating the act of grasping anything, but I was having a bit of fun by administering some poetic license through metaphor and pun, the interpretation of which, in an existentialist point of view, I will leave to the reader's own imagination. :)

Bob in Iowa said:
Feel free to do so if you think that it is applicable.
Thank you, Bob. I will mention your name should I ever use it in a book.
Bob in Iowa said:
LOL!!! I wasn't really advocating the act of grasping anything, but I was having a bit of fun by administering some poetic license through metaphor and pun, the interpretation of which, in an existentialist point of view, I will leave to the reader's own imagination. :)
I knew you were upto some fun, but it made real good sense which I thought deserved some genuine response. :)

This thread has been viewed 9808 times.

Back