• Yes

Votes: 35 38.9%
  • No

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Sometimes, Initially, Partially...

Votes: 45 50.0%

• Total voters
kirei_na_me said:
Speaking of looks...look at Winter's avatar... *swoon* ;)

My friend said that shot makes me look like the nightstalker.

It's nice, Winter.

Nice of you to think so.

kirei_na_me said:
I just recently found out my 17 year old first cousin is pregnant with this guy's baby. A guy who is 22 years old,

wouldnt that be sagitory rape?

Virginia Department of Health said:
The second statute deals with someone 18 years of age or older having sex with someone age 15, 16, or 17 years of age, which is a class one misdemeanor and punishable with up to one year in jail and a $2,500.00 fine.

Well, I first thought that in the state of VA, they couldn't do anything if she was older than like 16, but it seems they can. So...I have no idea why my uncle wouldn't do something about it? :?

Anyway...

my stupidity may be showing but i thought they had no choice it is like if i shoot some one i dont get away with it if the family decides not to press charges. but like i said i am stupid so i may be wrong.

Dont be so frelling hard on yourself Tim. You've obviously got some sense in you.

At any rate, I'm pretty sure it depends on the state legislature. In Hawaii, the legal age of consent is 14, for example.

I know of a business 'owner' who actually has been dating a girl since she was 16 for a little over a year. Got her pregnant, he 'convinced' her to get an abortion, the whole nine yards, and the guy is in his 30s. The parents of the minor know, but no charges have been brought to court.

In California, its a felony, punishable by some pretty hard jail time. It can easily be a death sentance, seeing as a lot of California inmates serve out their own brand of justice.

so kirei all you have to do is bring it to someones attention i mean the police cant do anything if they dont know it happened and i know it is a really harsh penalty here in NY that my low life cousin will find out all too soon.

Well, I'm just not sure why he didn't do anything. My uncle hates the guy and I know he's thought of it, but... :? I don't know.

Anyway...I don't have much room to talk. I was fooling around with a 38 year old when I was 18. No one has ever known, except for a couple of friends and you people. If my dad would've known back then, he would've completely gone off the deep end. I think he would do it even now, if he found out. :souka:

So, back to the topic.... :blush:

but if your family is going to tell they law about it they got to do it soon beacuse i think (note: this may be my stupidity again) that there is a time limit on when you can file you claim my friend was raped a long time ago and didnt want to tell anyone till awhile later and by then the law couldnt do anything beacuse this like "time limit" on when she could file her claim ran out.

a little out of topic

there is a phrase in Chinese :
'women would only love bad men'

I think the word 'bad' in this phrase,means the men that knows how to do those little 'tricks' that would make their women smile,and being bad on bed

Bounty Hunter said:
"unattractive guys" :D am pissing myself.
Hey you can't get the best of both worlds in your case you don't have any. :D

How would you know about Potatoe?
Your so quick to jump on him saying he is bs'in which means you must be trying to compensate for something. uummm what could that be. :blush:

You know, I could post a really nasty response, but I'm not going to since you're just a kid from looking at your profile. I'm just going to :) and let life roll smoothly along...

Sinspawne said:
That is an awful catch 22 for us unattractive guys. :(

Sorry, but i only told the harsh truth about how it is..
btw, I'm not attractive as far as i know so we're in the same boat then :)
All women i know only wanted me as a friend, so being a good guy didn't help me very much, but i don't mind. I'm more comfortable alone believe it or not

Don't be sorry for telling the harsh truth (in fact, people should not apologize for telling the truth in the age we live in).

Well, nice guys do finish last in the dating game. Nice guys should learn something from the bad guys because there is something bad guys do that work...they are a challenge.

TimF said:
but if your family is going to tell they law about it they got to do it soon beacuse i think (note: this may be my stupidity again) that there is a time limit on when you can file you claim my friend was raped a long time ago and didnt want to tell anyone till awhile later and by then the law couldnt do anything beacuse this like "time limit" on when she could file her claim ran out.

Thats not really how the law works.

If the assailant being alleged had no previous file, then there would be pretty much nothing in terms of action happening.

Rape cases involving minors are very touchy and 'hearsay' type of conjecture cases, and one report really doesnt do much. *It should still be filed*

If the report was filed after a set time, it would do even less, granted, but it would go down on permanent record. Chances are that the rapist would commit the crime again, and when 2 or more charges are placed, then the law can take action for a lawful investigation.

The reason why only one report does little, is that with such little evidence *usually by the time the report is filed, there is no physical evidence, unless in the cases of 'forced' abortions* it is damn near impossible to take the trial to court and provide a substantial case against the alleged criminal. When more cases are filed, it gives the prosecution more power to prove beyond a reasonable doubt of ones guilt.

On a personal note Tim, you are the only one here that thinks you're as stupid as you say.

kirei_na_me said:
Speaking of looks...look at Winter's avatar... *swoon* ;)

And you know what really bothers me? Girls who always have to have bad guys. Bad guys that are 'hot'. Bleh. I say get a guy who's going to be nice to you and treat you with respect. F all that 'hot' crap.

All that matters to me is someone who is respectful, has a sense of humor, and who has a very high libido. :p

damn !!! keiri, if ya was alittle bit younger , and lived in uk !!! i'd check you out big time !

:D

Arch said:
damn !!! keiri, if ya was alittle bit younger , and lived in uk !!! i'd check you out big time !

:D

:sing: "Older women make beautiful lovers..." :p

Anyway, thanks for the thought, Arch. Makes an old woman(barely 28 is old?) like me feel good. :blush:

Hey, age ain't nothin' but a number :D

kirei_na_me said:
:sing: "Older women make beautiful lovers..." :p

Anyway, thanks for the thought, Arch. Makes an old woman(barely 28 is old?) like me feel good. :blush:

28? Shoot, Kirei, you sure as hell didn't look 28. I would say a touch younger.

But seriously, you can say that looks don't matter, but they do. I guess it is true, you see someone and there's something upon that first meeting that interests you and attracts you to them. It would be silly to say that it was their 'winning personality' or anything like that because it's all chemical and hormonal at first. (Sadly, I seem to throw off neither of these things when meeting woman as they just don't seem to notice :( )

Then things like personality and compatibilty come into play.

But after thinking about it, yes, looks do matter.

I wish they didn't because I would have a hell of an easier time at things.

Ant

Hmmm, looks do matter, because you see the outside first. Allthough that is different with the Internet....

To me, health matters - I'd be worried if someone I felt emotionally attracted to was morbidly obese or extremely underweight, for instance. And emotional/intellectual/physical attraction is not an all-or-nothing deal. I have several platonic male friends, with whom physical attraction was not a factor (in developing the friendships).

Biologically speaking, looks are usually a sign of health (a more symmetric face with clear complexion and body features implies better physical condition). But it's possible to feel attraction to someone with great intelligence, personality that's compatible etc. which can easily compensate for "imperfect" looks. These intangibles are also indispensable aspects to consider. And as other said, even the most physically attractive (conventionally) can come across as undesirable if they behave or speak atrociously.

While I never felt any desire for "bad boys", guys who are unable to develop self-confidence, and those who are doormats also obviously finish last (e.g. the "nice guys") because to me (and no doubt many others) wussiness/complete lack of self esteem is a real turn-off in both women and men. To me also, "bad boys" overcompensate for a genuine lack of confidence by being utterly inconsiderate and by falsely inflating their egos by hurting others.

Postec by Winter
At any rate, I'm pretty sure it depends on the state legislature. In Hawaii, the legal age of consent is 14, for example.

Nope. State legislature boosted it up to 18 a couple of years ago. It's really hard in the islands because... a lot of young girls look older, and act more mature, and generally have more sex appeal than you might think. ^_^

This thread has been viewed 118912 times.

Back