• Yes

Votes: 35 38.9%
  • No

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Sometimes, Initially, Partially...

Votes: 45 50.0%

• Total voters
Bounty Hunter said:
I think i know why the girls are all around you.

Your THE "Muffdiver Extraordinaire!"

all girls love it :blush: .

THE WORDS OUT TIM :D .

Thanks Bounty Hunter I have been thinking about making bussiness cards with that on it. :D

Frank D. White said:
when I first got home from the Navy I went to a singles dance. I saw a girl on the dance floor who was a beautiful
Playboy centerfold looker, long black hair! I watched her get asked to dance every dance, but never by the same guy twice. I wondered what the problem with her could be, bad breath, BO? Why would a guy hit on her and run for the hills after exchanging a few words on the dance floor? I bided my time and finally got a chance to ask her to dance. Smelled OK to me. She seemed fairly intelligent.
I figured she was about 25, I was 23. Finally the mystery was revealed! She was 35(sure didn't look it) and had 12 children! Said she got pregnant at 15 for the first time and had gone throuh 4 husbands. So in this case , beauty was NOT enough!

Frank

:blush:

Yes, a little brains never hurt

No matter where in the world you go people go for looks (at least, initially). Good looks (and women, please be honest here) gets you through the initial door of the dating game. Yes, women go for looks just as much as men. The only thing is that women also add intellect, sense of humour, caring personality, etc. in addition to the man's appearance. Read this article and judge for yourself:

http://www.askmen.com/dating/doclove_150/188_relationship_expert.html

canadian_kor said:
No matter where in the world you go people go for looks (at least, initially). Good looks (and women, please be honest here) gets you through the initial door of the dating game. Yes, women go for looks just as much as men. The only thing is that women also add intellect, sense of humour, caring personality, etc. in addition to the man's appearance. Read this article and judge for yourself:

http://www.askmen.com/dating/doclove_150/188_relationship_expert.html

You left out MONEY!

They also want all that and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Looks are very important to some women.

Take one of my best friends, for instance. She will not go out with someone if they're not "hot". That's the only thing I've heard her mention when talking about a potential mate. This one is hot, that one is not, blah, blah, blah. "He's got to be HOT and have a HOT BODY!" And she's not even what you all would consider "hot" in the first place?!

By the way, she's 28 years old and single. Never had a serious boyfriend in her life. I wonder why?! :? :eek:kashii:

"Get a grip!" is what I want to say to her sometimes...

i could serious care less about looks..

'no matter how pretty we are on the outside, we're all blood and guts on the inside'

as long as they have a great sense of humor and an open-mind, i lubb them

necrozombie said:
i could serious care less about looks..

'no matter how pretty we are on the outside, we're all blood and guts on the inside'

as long as they have a great sense of humor and an open-mind, i lubb them

yay :D someone who might like me :p

kirei_na_me said:
Looks are very important to some women.

Take one of my best friends, for instance. She will not go out with someone if they're not "hot". That's the only thing I've heard her mention when talking about a potential mate. This one is hot, that one is not, blah, blah, blah. "He's got to be HOT and have a HOT BODY!" And she's not even what you all would consider "hot" in the first place?!

By the way, she's 28 years old and single. Never had a serious boyfriend in her life. I wonder why?! :? :eek:kashii:

"Get a grip!" is what I want to say to her sometimes...

question for the ladies

which of the two guys below you would choose to be your boyfriend?

Jon Bon Jovi

or

William Hung

Phfft, why have Jon Bon Jovi when you can have Jovial Jon?? Yeah, that's right - I'm throwing my name into the equation. :D

Dream Time said:
question for the ladies

which of the two guys below you would choose to be your boyfriend?

Jon Bon Jovi

or

William Hung

Neither. Both of them are about the same as far as I'm concerned. I never thought Jon Bon Jovi was good looking.

I'd go for some Jovial Jon! :wave:

[*didn't read all above posts*]
Yes.. Looks matter.. I cannot tell a lie.. I know I sound shallow but I simply wouldn't start a relationship with someone I didn't find attractive.. I'm being honest here so don't blame me.. I am what's considered good-looking (I swear I'm not as conceded as I sound :p) and I really would only approach a girl if I find her attractive.. It is definitely not the only thing that matters.. but if you say that looks don't matter you are a liar. A girl must be funny and pleasant to be around. But really attractive girls don't generally have one of those movie stereotype horrible attitudes.. So if you are non-attractive and have a great personality.. most likely you will lose out to the really attractive girl with a good personality.. not to be an ass but it's not just me.. this is the society we live in.. It's not right by any means but really it's the way it is.. Most men deep down know that looks matter to themselves.. and women aren't innocent as they pretend either.. girls I have dealt with were first attracted to my looks obviously so I have this luck over the average guy (not saying this is right or should be).. then she will get to know me and notice I have a great personality and notice I'm not self-centered (Well, not really anyway, I still have high self-esteem about myself and do consider myself a great guy :) heh) or an ass.. So at first, Yes, it always matters, even clothes matter, just the way you present yourself and what impression you give will dictate what someone thinks about you.. then when you get to know someone, even if they are good looking if they have a horrible personality then ofcourse it is not tolerable.. If you are not what people would consider attractive and have a great personality, you still do have a good chance, but first impressions may affect it.. so I suppose if you are unattractive you have to make a bit of an extra effort.. But like I said I'm not an ass, I am telling it like it is, but in this world
Bottom Line, Looks do matter to an extent. That's just the way it is.

This is all very interesting. So many diffrent opinions, hmm.... for me when I see an attractive girl I dont even make a pass at her I dont see the use, all of them are out of my leauge anyway, I would not have even made a pass at the girl in the supermarket if I was not coaxed to do so by some of our lovely jref members. :)

Have a little more confidence Tim. Sometimes thats all it takes to acquire attraction from others.

Or be like me, and be blinded by confidence. Its fun.

kirei_na_me said:
Neither. Both of them are about the same as far as I'm concerned. I never thought Jon Bon Jovi was good looking.

Yeah, nice way to get out of the pit kirei. :)

King of Tokyo said:
[*didn't read all above posts*]
Yes.. Looks matter.. I cannot tell a lie.. I know I sound shallow but I simply wouldn't start a relationship with someone I didn't find attractive.. I'm being honest here so don't blame me.. I am what's considered good-looking (I swear I'm not as conceded as I sound :p) and I really would only approach a girl if I find her attractive.. It is definitely not the only thing that matters.. but if you say that looks don't matter you are a liar. A girl must be funny and pleasant to be around. But really attractive girls don't generally have one of those movie stereotype horrible attitudes.. So if you are non-attractive and have a great personality.. most likely you will lose out to the really attractive girl with a good personality.. not to be an ass but it's not just me.. this is the society we live in.. It's not right by any means but really it's the way it is.. Most men deep down know that looks matter to themselves.. and women aren't innocent as they pretend either.. girls I have dealt with were first attracted to my looks obviously so I have this luck over the average guy (not saying this is right or should be).. then she will get to know me and notice I have a great personality and notice I'm not self-centered (Well, not really anyway, I still have high self-esteem about myself and do consider myself a great guy :) heh) or an ass.. So at first, Yes, it always matters, even clothes matter, just the way you present yourself and what impression you give will dictate what someone thinks about you.. then when you get to know someone, even if they are good looking if they have a horrible personality then ofcourse it is not tolerable.. If you are not what people would consider attractive and have a great personality, you still do have a good chance, but first impressions may affect it.. so I suppose if you are unattractive you have to make a bit of an extra effort.. But like I said I'm not an ass, I am telling it like it is, but in this world
Bottom Line, Looks do matter to an extent. That's just the way it is.

Don't be so hard on yourself bro. The mysterious world of biology also agrees with you that looks matter in the dating game. In fact, physical attractiveness is a sign to a potential mate that you have healthy genes. People are wired to mate with those who will produce healthy offsprings. So, it is not that the world is bad, but that the world is designed so that the best genes get to survive longer. That's the way God made this world.

kirei_na_me said:

LOL

same here!!! XD

:bluush: *thinks for about 10 minutes of a way to reply in a cool, modest way* ...thanks :)

I envy you jovial you seem to be pretty popular with the ladies. :(

hehe....*when it happens .... it happens...it worked before so I guess it will work again sometimes?I'm not really one who goes out LOOKING for someone..I believe there is at least 1 person that's COMPATIBLE with yourself...and the world is big init??It doesn't mean that you live (for instance) in Belgium....you have to marry a Belgian girl...do it like me...go global...you even get to know A HELL LOT of PEEPZ :) !!!

This thread has been viewed 119598 times.

Back