Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism, facists, and seperatist movements.

Gag me with a spoon Achievements:
    1 year registered

Racism, facists, and seperatist movements.

What are your thoughts on these topics?

Caffiene Addict Achievements:
    1 year registered

Racism is wrong. Facism is like Monarchy and that hasn't been around for awhile, but i'm sure it exists somewhere. Depends on what you mean though

1 year registered

I was going into the doctrine of ethnic facism, which basically corellates elitism through ethnic pride, and domination based on ethnic supremecy.

You gave an answer I wanted to hear though, that racism is wrong.

Now, what exactly makes racism wrong? What exactly about it, is bad? Is it the unfairness, the ignorance, what exactly?

The Funky Homosapien. Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Cape Verden/Canadian/Mixes

A racist is ignorant, plain and simple. Completely misinformed and they disgust me, nothing gets my blood boiling more than a racist, nothing. And it's easy to get me angered with a simple comment because of the person I am. My mom is half caucasian and half african-american and my dad is caucasian, So I'm a quarter, couple that with my love for asian culture, and you've got someone who will drop you for making an ignorant racist comment about any race.

America, land of opportunity, mirages and camouflages - more than usually
    Speakin loudly, sayin nothin, you confusin me, you losin me
    Your game is twisted, want me enlisted - in your usary
    Foolishly, most men join the ranks cluelessly
    Buffoonishly accept the deception, believe the perception

1 year registered

So King, you hate racists, is that safe to say?

1 year registered

Ethnic group

Quote Originally Posted by Winter
    So King, you hate racists, is that safe to say?
    Hate is a strong word. I do say I think they are terribly wrong in their beliefs, if they changed their views, I would have no problem with them. But anyone who judges people on the color of their skin is no friend of mine.

1 year registered

Okay, I want to continue this, but I gotta go to work...bleh.

Lousy night jobs.

1 year registered

I believe it is ignorance and the intolerance of different ideas. Thats why schools should try to show more tolerance toward's differences in nationality and such in other countries. Things that make me are those neo-nazi's. It's just so stupid. Also gangs. It's all pointless.

1 year registered

Ethnic group

Neo-nazis.. Man they disgust me.. I watched American History X.. And I was really getting very angered by the nazis.. It's a powerful movie worthy of praise, but I was really angered to think that there is people who live their life like that.

1 year registered

I also watched American History X, Is that based on a true story? It did make me happy when the man changed his ways

Achievements:
    1 year registered

I think racists and fascists are extremely fearful people, and that fear manifests in all sorts of ways, such as hatred, bigotry, etc. I think the most upsetting factor about people like that is their utter lack of humanity. Just my two cents ...

Thrill Seeker Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Korean Canadian

Racism and fascism are wrong...just as wrong as governments taking away people's freedom of opinion, livelihood, and liberty for the benefit of people who work at McDonalds, peasant farmers, and panhandlers.

Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Russia...i think

nazi's and rasists. yeah, their mind is clouded by fear, and fear leads to hate, hate leads to sufferng, sufferning leads to anger. anger leads to.. the dark side. hehe.
    They are just really dumb-ass people angry at the fact that short distance olympic track events are nearly always won by black people.
    No, on a cerious point, they are way out there. Should seek education in England... that'l change 'em.

separatist movements? hard one. I'm pro-globalization, and think that whatever happens, the world will unite in due time, so from that point of view, separatism is only a short term deal. but if there really are issues in countries and they separate peacfully, then fine: Czechoslovakia split in 1993, that was fine. but (this is a bit funny in my mind) now they are both in the EU, and obliged to enter EMU whith only one step to go to political integration.

I don't really like the Chechen's approach, cause they blow up appartment blocks in moscow, doesn't really make my heart bleed for their cause.

It also depends whether the country will start getting separatist movements all over the place and hence split into a dozen or more "lesser" countries. Although i could theoretically support all of their causes, i know that no government in their right mind will let that happen. (This is one of the reasons, I think, why Russia doesn't want to loose them).
    Last edited by blessed; 26-08-04 at 14:25.
    Who was Hitler?... a petty dictator living in the times of Stalin.

Everyone is intelligent...some before; some afterwards.

... my mood while I've been on this forum... in reverse order!!! hehe

Captain of the Vessel Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Dutch

Pfff, my opinion on racism is that I think that it's crap. People are different and I think we should admire those differences, hell, it would be boring if we were all the same :).

Facism, hmmm, depends in what form it comes. Democracy is a dictatorship of the majority as well.

Hmmm, seperatists? Ah well, I guess some culturebridges can't be crossed, or at least, not yet. For example, look at Iraq. They distrust eachother (Kurds/Sadr-Guys etc! Should we make one state, bathing in blood?

1 year registered

I almost liked what Rocklee said, but I think that it was a bit extreme.

I dont think its fair to label all the replyers as racists; just sharing a miniscule level of the similar intolerence that it takes to become a racist...but not racists themselves.

So many agree that racism is wrong, and bad and all that. Its wrong to not tolerate other ethnicities. Schools should promote tolerance, yadda yadda.

You know whats odd though? I've been doing a personal surveyance of this for some time, and find that while people condemning racism as intolerant, are also on the same level of not willing to accept the beliefs of others either.

This sword swings both ways pretty efficiently, I'd say.

"Racists hate entire races regardless of what kind of person they are."

Not entirely true.

Many White Supremecists, ethnic facists, and the like believe that racial cleansing is scribed in the destiny of humanity *Thule scriptures, White Man's Bible, Nature of Man, and to some context, the King David's Old Testament*.

Some believe that their racist attitudes arent hateful. They merely believe that the three distinct human races should remain seperate for the good of the species as a whole *obviously contridicting the evidence of diversion=evolutionary productivity*.

And here is a real tricky thing. I had a best friend whom was a decendant of a Grand Wizard of the triple K. Funny thing is, I met this Grand Wizard, and he was incredibly kind, sincere, and accepting of me for being the multi-ethnic person that I am. He explained to me that his Klan didnt preach hatred for other races, but rather, did its best to re-direct the folly of the old Klan, in that the new Klan was a caucoid pride group.

Regardless, my initial point is that while many racist factions *not all, but many* preach condemnation of other races, to willfully disaccount these peoples beliefs, and to harbor some sort of animosity toward them simply because of their beliefs, is just as intolerant as the intolerance that they preach.

In the end, is it really anyones duty to tell someone what they have a right to believe? *provided of course, that their beliefs do not result to violence*

"I believe the Jews are the blight of the White man!"

"Oh yeah? Well I believe your ignorance and intolerance are dispicable, and you are evil bad people!"

Is either mindset not guilty of a level of intolerance, and ignorance?

1 year registered

Ethnic group

Sorry, If someone is going to believe they have a superior race or make broad generalizations about races then I simply cannot agree with them. Never have I thought that someone who is simply proud of their race and is good natured is a bad person, but I hate to break it to you that there are alot of racists who are very extreme about it.

If races were kept separate, then I doubt anyone of the forum would be alive, no one is 'pure' one race. The separatism is stupid, it would solve nothing. Plus if you think african-americans shouldn't be here (not saying you do) than blame white men, they brought them over on slave ships, they would be in africa if it wasn't for slave traders.

It's pointless to debate you about this, as I could tell from before I posted that you were leaning more towards supporting racism to an extent. Which is why I do believe you asked if I hate racists, hoping I would say yes and then you would say I was just as bad as them, but I am not. Like I said, It's a bit pointless to argue with someone who doesn't share the same views as you. I hope you don't support any type of discrimination. I have a lot more to say, but I don't want to argue..

1 year registered

I support accepting beliefs, whether popular or not.

"But anyone who judges people on the color of their skin is no friend of mine."

Comments like that are a bit harsh, arent they? Just because of what they belief, you will not allow them to be a friend.

And there is a point in debating this. I want to understand. I want to know how different people differ on topics, and understand the logic in which people can summon up to back their differences of opinions.

1 year registered

Ethnic group

It's a bit harsh? Racists aren't exactly befriending people of other races, infact many harass others of different races, which is much worse than me simply letting them live their life and not associating with them. Also, I would not befriend a racist because we simply would not get along. Imagine me hanging with someone who would call me a "Nigger Lover"? Or harassing me for having African-American blood? Yeh, Trust me it wouldn't work. I just don't think your points have any merit, You seem to be ignoring the greater of the two evils.

And ahh you're getting me into this again.. I hate arguing.. Actually that's not true I actually enjoy it in some circumstances, like if the person even has a chance of seeing the light, but you don't seem to.. and now.. I don't feel like basically typing to a brick wall.

I jump to conclusions Achievements:
    1 year registered

From my own personal experience:

There are Philipinos, Europeans, and Pakistanis in my family. It just so happens that the some of my relatives of European descent are extremely racist. And it just so happens that some of the Pakistanis in my family are very anti-Christian. I love both sides of the family. Just last week there was a wedding in my family. Despite the fact that there were strong difference of opinions, both sides remained civil. So, despite the racism and bigotry, strong difference of beliefs, both sides got along.

Only because of respect. Which, of course, depends on the person.

I think the most upsetting factor about people like that is their utter lack of humanity.
    Heh, but isn't it our inherent humanity which screws things up?

Achievements:
    1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by mad pierrot
    Heh, but isn't it our inherent humanity which screws things up?
    Not in my opinion. When people are humane, they tend to be loving and tolerant. When people are inhumane, they tend to be fearful and intolerant. Just my opinion, for what it's worth ...

I jump to conclusions Achievements:
    1 year registered

Not in your opinion, but in the dictionary.

Humanity as in the act of being human, not benevolent. As is, what being a human is open to debate. I tend to agree with to err is human.

Achievements:
    1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by mad pierrot
    Humanity as in the act of being human, not benevolent. As is, what being a human is open to debate. I tend to agree with to err is human.
    I was going to add that I thought you might be referring to "human nature," but wasn't sure if I needed to clarify. I was actually referring to a person's humanity, such as their heart, compassion, and ability to feel for their fellow human being. According to the dictionary, "humanity" is defined as: 1) the human race; 2) the condition or quality of being human or humane. The dictionary defines "humane" as: characterized by tenderness, compassion, and sympathy for human beings and animals. So that's what I was referring to. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you were referring more to human nature--that it's human nature to err and make mistakes. Did that make sense?

Muffdiver Extraordinaire! Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class1 year registered

Ethnic group
    I am White (non hispanic)

Sadly...

Sadly I used to be racist from the time I was about 10 to the time I was 17 I didnt go out doing hate crimes or anything dont get me wrong I just strongly looked down on other races and the reason for this was my brother and his bestfriend were shot and killed on mothers day and I was young at the time and my anger clouded my judgement for 7 long years. Then I got into some trouble and had to be sent to a boys reform home where I would have no contact with my family and when I got there, there were only 5 white kids (including myself) the rest were black or hispanic well when I got there I wouldnt talk to anyone the first few days and I would only make sarcastic comments to people that others who were not on the recieving end found funny. Then one day when I was curled up in a chair in the corner and a group of black and hispanic kids walked up to me and asked "Do you want to play some ball?" and I was like "Who all is comming?" and they said "Just us" (I was kind of hoping there would have been some whit kids) I was bored anyway so I said ok so I went out and we balled and they gave me the nickname shaq and a few others after that and after awhile we started to become really good friends and then when my court date came and they told me I had to stay a little longer I was crushed but when I got back to the facility I was welcomed back by people that called me their friend. They would say stuff like "Tim is my boi!" or "Tim is my young bull" (I think that is how you pronounce it lol ) But then the day I left I everyone was really sad saying stuff like "Its going to be dull around her without you." and then hugs and handshakes were given (when I fist came in I never dreamed I would have huged a black or hispanic person) and to this day I think about my friends I met in that facility everyday thinking about how much I miss them and how I would have never known what true friendship was if I didnt go there. So I guess what I am trying to say is "People dont hate other people they might just turn out to be the best friends you could ever ask for." So anyway thanks for listening.
    *Cacawate Bodyguard*

*lina inverse fan club member*

Banned Achievements:
    1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by King of Tokyo
    My mom is half caucasian and half african-american and my dad is caucasian, So I'm a quarter,
    I feel sorry for you. You shouldn't say that your "quarter".
    Just to correct you, you should say that your MIXED raced.
    Mixed race people don't like to be called quarter or half caste cause it makes them feel half a person and its wrong in this day and age.

If you say that you "quarter" then it sounds like your a quarter of a person.
    and this goes beyond race, if you think about it really deeply it will make much more sense.
    (Do you or anyone else understand this?)

Mixed race is the right way.

And you might be asking yourself how would a white boy know this?
    well to answer this. I have been raised in a "Mixed" family and i know the right terms to use and or terms which i hear alot of people use which i don't use cause their the wrong terms.

So King of Tokyo you should give yourself more respect.

And if you do not already know am not a racist and i don't like racist.

1 year registered

Ethnic group

Well most considered mixed are half. And since I'm not fully half I was simply explaining that I am technically a quarter. But I do consider myself mixed, I just may use a different term in different situations. Even though this has nothing to do with the current topic being discussed between me and RockLee.. Heh.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast