Do you belive one day there will be total pacifism?

Do you belive there will be total pasifism?

• yes

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • no

Votes: 35 70.0%

• Total voters
We are closer than you think. There is no war in Europe, both Americas, Pacific and Australia, most of Asia. Only parts of middle east and parts of Africa with ongoing conflicts, and at the moment there is no fully blown war anywhere, just small battles. At least 5 billion people live in peace now, unheard off! We might be as close as 50 to 100 years to full peace on Earth, maybe not a permanent one yet, but a good beginning.

It will happen thanks to production, education, science, communication, good living. We won't have too many reason to want to go and kill someone in other country.

war

Cconcurrence, business, globalization, media, films are a kind of war. The war is changing .....
Life is a war ....

hehe, not that easy, you know what that mean, tratatatata, boomboomboom, many dead bodies..........hmmmm, that's like in the film I just watched, so maybe you're right. ;)

No, throughout history if one group of civilisation was to meet another civilization that was considered inferior, members of the more advance civilisation would always try to invade them, and they still do.

Blurg!

conflicts arise from a difference of opinion if there is only one then there is peace. BORG!:grin:

bush_borg.jpeg

Globalization makes countries mutually dependent from each other, so yes, total pacifism is possible in the future. But such thing possible only in the multipolar world.

View attachment 4893

What do you mean by multipolar? Many centers of power?

Of course the world will be in peace, this is our destiny...
That why we invented "democraty", "separation of the state and the church", "diplomacy" or "sport"...if all the countries have these innovations, there will be no reasons to make war and no tyrant will can take the power...

I don't believe in a peaceful world as long as pirate states like the USA and the UK constantly are waging wars.

What do you mean by multipolar? Many centers of power?
Yes, many centers of power. I believe that it's the only way to stop unilateral actions and agression for no reason between the countries.
Plus development of commerce and interdependence between the countries.

I agree, either multi center of equal strength, or one world center will do the trick. I also agree that interdependent commerce, communication, free media, common goals, and prosperity will be the bridge for a world peace.
The main reason for wars was to get richer. If all countries are rich, and citizens can enjoy good loving, with home, family, lot of food, cars and other atractions, then nobody would want to go to war to fight if one have a lot.
The problems might be dictatorships, if they don't care what people think and want. Dictators might send people to war just because they feel like it....
Democracy, economic prosperity, freedoms, free media are the key, I guess.

Yes only when 1 man is alive on planet,
or a global Junta
or all the world becomes muslim
or all the word speak chinese

yes that day will be global peace (or global warming?)

Total peace is a lovely idea but is as unrealistic as wishing for utopia, I don't think it would be possible until humans have evolved further. Maybe in another thousand years or so but right now, no.

People are still intolerant, argumentative, aggressive, violent, selfish, racist, jealous, greedy and there are still those who are puffed up with their own self righteousness and would impose their ideas on others by force. The three main Abrahamic faiths would also need to be eradicated as they have been the main breeding ground for a majority of the unrest.

We human, as with other mammals, practice dominance and submission instinctively.
When a peaceful human mutation develops it will surely be marginalized or destroyed
outright by the overwhelmingly entrenched forces already in existence.

There will always be evil in this world, and when there is evil there is violence. We are human beings and that is what makes us special and imperfect, we can try to be perfect and pacifist though.

there are still those who are puffed up with their own self righteousness

The three main Abrahamic faiths would also need to be eradicated

...with crew-served weapons and jack-booted infantry?? :LOL:

Yes only when 1 man is alive on planet,
or a global Junta
or all the world becomes muslim
or all the word speak chinese

yes that day will be global peace (or global warming?)

Yeah but the thing is is that we would need to be flexible with eachother because we humans are still capable of waging civil wars on eachother so I'm not sure if dominance is going to solve violence conpletely. And we would also need equal rights for all

This thread has been viewed 56305 times.

Back