Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum

View Poll Results: Do you belive there will be total pasifism?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

15 28.85%
  • no

37 71.15%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you belive one day there will be total pacifism?

Banned Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1b2a2* SNP P312

Ethnic group
    Proto Celtic

I don't believe in a peaceful world as long as pirate states like the USA and the UK constantly are waging wars.

Banned Achievements:
    Created Album pictures1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 329
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Ethnic group
    Northern Russians - Slavonic & Finno-Ugric mixture, but hell it's just my guesses

Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    What do you mean by multipolar? Many centers of power?
    Yes, many centers of power. I believe that it's the only way to stop unilateral actions and agression for no reason between the countries.
    Plus development of commerce and interdependence between the countries.

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

I agree, either multi center of equal strength, or one world center will do the trick. I also agree that interdependent commerce, communication, free media, common goals, and prosperity will be the bridge for a world peace.
    The main reason for wars was to get richer. If all countries are rich, and citizens can enjoy good loving, with home, family, lot of food, cars and other atractions, then nobody would want to go to war to fight if one have a lot.
    The problems might be dictatorships, if they don't care what people think and want. Dictators might send people to war just because they feel like it....
    Democracy, economic prosperity, freedoms, free media are the key, I guess.

Marquis Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 344

Ethnic group
    Greeks

Yes only when 1 man is alive on planet,
    or a global Junta
    or all the world becomes muslim
    or all the word speak chinese

yes that day will be global peace (or global warming?)

Elite member Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 215

Total peace is a lovely idea but is as unrealistic as wishing for utopia, I don't think it would be possible until humans have evolved further. Maybe in another thousand years or so but right now, no.

People are still intolerant, argumentative, aggressive, violent, selfish, racist, jealous, greedy and there are still those who are puffed up with their own self righteousness and would impose their ideas on others by force. The three main Abrahamic faiths would also need to be eradicated as they have been the main breeding ground for a majority of the unrest.

Regular Member Achievements:
    Created Album pictures1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 237

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1

Ethnic group
    Germanic

We human, as with other mammals, practice dominance and submission instinctively.
    When a peaceful human mutation develops it will surely be marginalized or destroyed
    outright by the overwhelmingly entrenched forces already in existence.

Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 81.0%

Yes,when human race get extinguished.

Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 547
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U152-Z56-BY3957
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c7a

Ethnic group
    15/32 British, 5/32 German, 9/64 Irish, 1/8 Scots Gaelic, 5/64 French, 1/32 Welsh

There will always be evil in this world, and when there is evil there is violence. We are human beings and that is what makes us special and imperfect, we can try to be perfect and pacifist though.

Tabaccus Maximus Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 149

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - SRY 2627
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1a

Ethnic group
    Galo-Germanic Atlantic Fringe

there are still those who are puffed up with their own self righteousness
    The three main Abrahamic faiths would also need to be eradicated

...with crew-served weapons and jack-booted infantry??

Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 547
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U152-Z56-BY3957
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c7a

Ethnic group
    15/32 British, 5/32 German, 9/64 Irish, 1/8 Scots Gaelic, 5/64 French, 1/32 Welsh

Quote Originally Posted by iapetoc View Post
    Yes only when 1 man is alive on planet,
    or a global Junta
    or all the world becomes muslim
    or all the word speak chinese

yes that day will be global peace (or global warming?)

Yeah but the thing is is that we would need to be flexible with eachother because we humans are still capable of waging civil wars on eachother so I'm not sure if dominance is going to solve violence conpletely. And we would also need equal rights for all

1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 254
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    D2a1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H2a4

Ethnic group
    Australian/Irish/European

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    I don't believe that the world will ever be free of violence and war. Human kind are greedy and vindictive. There are some who still want to prosecute wars for centuries old grudges. Others will always covet what someone else has got, take oil as a commodity of topic. As the worlds population increases the demand by some countries for more and more resources will increase and those resources will be taken by force from weaker countries. The annexation of Mongolia and Tibet years ago by China, using the rationale that those countries were originally Chinese or under Chinese control should not have been permitted by the world community-it sets the scene for what will inevitably happen over perhaps the next century. But this is only one example, there are others, and none of us is truly safe.

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by toyomotor View Post
    I don't believe that the world will ever be free of violence and war. Human kind are greedy and vindictive. There are some who still want to prosecute wars for centuries old grudges. Others will always covet what someone else has got, take oil as a commodity of topic. As the worlds population increases the demand by some countries for more and more resources will increase and those resources will be taken by force from weaker countries. The annexation of Mongolia and Tibet years ago by China, using the rationale that those countries were originally Chinese or under Chinese control should not have been permitted by the world community-it sets the scene for what will inevitably happen over perhaps the next century. But this is only one example, there are others, and none of us is truly safe.
    Did you notice that in recent decades we have fewer wars, especially interstate wars. Maybe because it is more to lose than gain these days from the war?
    70 years ago we had WW2 in Europe, 60 million killed and everybody hated Germans. 60 years later we have European union with Germany giving their money away to help and develop poor members. What a turn around, wouldn't you say? On top of it the new and peaceful Europe is more prosperous than ever before.
    I don't know about you but this real life examples give me understanding and hope for our future.

Don't worry about China, soon communists will relinquish power, this will make china democratic and free, which will give Tibet and few other provinces chance to separate. Unless they will see a big advantage to stay in Chinese Union for material benefits. Remember Soviet Union? Now we have Russia with some republics staying in federation.

Yes some of us are greedy and vindictive, but most are compassionate, friendly, loving and caring. And we have so much these days that it is not easy to go to the war and lose it.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    D2a1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H2a4

Ethnic group

LeBrok: Yes, I see what you mean but countries with huge populations (which continue to increase annually) and few resources will ultimately need to look elsewhere for resources which they need but can't probably afford. Don't forget, decisions to go to war are never made by the people, but by a small group of politicians, regardless of the public will. The USA is a good case in hand, it goes to war, unbidden by the population which then really has no alternative but to support its troops while condemning the war. "Yes some of us are greedy and vindictive, but most are compassionate, friendly, loving and caring. And we have so much these days that it is not easy to go to the war and lose it. " I'd like to think that was true, but history shows otherwise.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

LeBrok: Yes, I see what you mean but countries with huge populations (which continue to increase annually) and few resources will ultimately need to look elsewhere for resources which they need but can't probably afford. Don't forget, decisions to go to war are never made by the people, but by a small group of politicians, regardless of the public will. The USA is a good case in hand, it goes to war, unbidden by the population which then really has no alternative but to support its troops while condemning the war. "Yes some of us are greedy and vindictive, but most are compassionate, friendly, loving and caring. And we have so much these days that it is not easy to go to the war and lose it. " I'd like to think that was true, but history shows otherwise.
    Yes, the limited resources can be the flaming point of future conflicts. However looking at Europe or other developed countries make me hope for the best. Europe got richer than ever before in its history and yet it got more peaceful at the same time. We are faster and faster inventing new technologies than we are running out of old ones. Denmark produces 1/3 of its electricity from wind already. Once we muster thermonuclear energy we will have almost unlimited energy. Solar power should become very efficient and affordable in 50 years too.

Looks like from end of Cold War world is quieting down.

http://www.systemicpeace.org/conflict.htm

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    D2a1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H2a4

Ethnic group

@LeBrok: Latest News-China is relaxing it's One Child Policy, as it now finds itself in the position of not having sufficient people to fill the future work force requirements. Resource wise, I wonder how this will end up? I take your point on the decrease in Cold War friction and the expansion of renewable energy. But there also factors such as food production, already a major problem in some African countries. Agricultural technology is the obvious answer but it seems that not much, comparatively, is being done in this area. I think we should sideline space exploration for a while and concentrate on the existing problems on earth. What do you say?

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    @LeBrok: But there also factors such as food production, already a major problem in some African countries. Agricultural technology is the obvious answer but it seems that not much, comparatively, is being done in this area.
    Yes, this could be a major obstacle in world peace for decades to come. Seams like the food production is stretched to the limits these days but every year there are 80 million new faces to feed. The unfriendly political climate to GM foods is not helping to feed hungry either. All middle eastern revolutions were started by unhappy and hungry citizens. Imagine feeding your hungry family with a dollar a day when prices of rice tripled in last few years. We might not see peace much there in this region for many years to come.
    And I'm usually the optimistic one.

I think we should sideline space exploration for a while and concentrate on the existing problems on earth. What do you say?
    I used to love reading sciencefiction and loved to see men in space. Now I say, screw the space, lol.
    Well, I wouldn't mind sending little robotic missions to explore space for few million apiece. Instead we have spent 150 billion on international space station, and nothing interesting or benefiting came out of it.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Not much is happening at the moment, only domestic wars. Mostly about Taliban, Alqaeda and drugs.
    Start of conflict Conflict Continent Location Cumulative fatalities Fatalities in 2012 Fatalities in 2013
    1964 Colombian conflict (1964–present) South America Colombia 220,000-600,000[2][4] 4,692 (Insurgents killed in combat)[5]
    1978 Conflict in Afghanistan (1978–present) Asia Afghanistan 1,405,111-2,084,468[6][7][8][9][10] 8,398+[11][12] 144 (only coalition)[12]
    1991 Somali Civil War Africa Somalia
    Somaliland
    500,000+[13][14] 2,620[15] 68+[16]
    1992 Al-Qaeda insurgency in Yemen Asia Yemen 3,711[17] 2,333[17] 81-98+[b]
    2001 Islamist insurgency in Nigeria Africa Nigeria 15,000+[18][19][20] 792+[21] 1,000-1,007+[c]
    2004 War in North-West Pakistan Asia Pakistan 49,921[22] 6,211[22] 4,784[22]
    2006 Mexican Drug War North America Mexico 110,000+[23][24] 18,161+ (by November)[25] 10,000+[26]
    2009 Sudanese nomadic conflicts Africa South Sudan
    Sudan
    7,441[27][28][29] 3,200[27][28] 869+[citation needed]
    2011 Syrian civil war Asia Syria 120,300[30] 41,900[31] 35,000[citation needed]
    2011 Inter and Intra-Sudanese conflicts Africa South Sudan
    Sudan
    4,900+[32] 1,119[32] 2,500+[33]
    2011 Iraqi insurgency (post-U.S. withdrawal) Asia Iraq 12,360 [34] 4,573 (civilians)[34] 7,400 (civilians)[35]
    2013 Islamist protests in Egypt (July 2013–present) Africa Egypt 1,182 [40] - 1,182

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rmed_conflicts

Less than 100 thousand people died from conflicts in 2013, out of 7 billion. That's one in 100,000, or 0.0001 percent, or about 300 a day. That's probably some sort of record for the peace on Earth.
    To put it in perspective 3,000 people die from cars every day on this planet, that's 10 times more!

31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 42

Yes i do believe )

3 months registered500 Experience Points

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Pacifism is against Nature.
    So, no, it will never happen

1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 57

Y-DNA haplogroup
    H2a1 M9313
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c3

Quote Originally Posted by Reinaert View Post
    I don't believe in a peaceful world as long as pirate states like the USA and the UK constantly are waging wars.

Short Memory, a lot of Americans and UK people fought a war, and were killed or wounded, to free your country, even stopped the war to drop you foods. There can be no pacifism Human Nature rules it out, look at 'Ants' been here millions of years, have war after war, we are no different, and not too far away genetically.

Three Friends1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Community Award
    Level
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 301
    Overall activity: 76.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

No, it will never happen. We are a Belligerent Specie.
    But you oh Messapo, Tamer of Horses ... that no one, with neither iron nor fire can break down! “Virgil”

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

There were times when provinces were fighting each other in every European country, or city against city. Domestic wars brewed every 5-10 years in every country. Now they are not!
    There were times when countries fought each other constantly, and Europeans hated each other so much that they slaughtered 100 million people in 20th century alone! Not anymore.
    Europe was never so united, cooperative, sharing, mixing, traveling, having fun, rich and helping like today.
    Do you see this positive trend?

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    H2a1 M9313
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c3

"Europe was never so united", seems cracks are appearing, ie most recently, the Spanish/Catalan issue, and Brexit. Germany is once again flexing its muscles, using a financial dominance of Europe programe, it seems, which will no doubt cause concerns again soon.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Quote Originally Posted by paul333 View Post
    "Europe was never so united", seems cracks are appearing, ie most recently, the Spanish/Catalan issue, and Brexit. Germany is once again flexing its muscles, using a financial dominance of Europe programe, it seems, which will no doubt cause concerns again soon.
    Did you notice that this is a relative term? And in context to my full post, you should gather that I was compering Europe of the past centuries to today's Europe.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    H2a1 M9313
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c3

Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    Did you notice that this is a relative term? And in context to my full post, you should gather that I was compering Europe of the past centuries to today's Europe.
    Europe is presently in a very difficult position, the closer we get to each other the bigger the risk becomes in my opinion. We are now preparing defence's as a guard against further Russian Agression, look today in the North East etc, 'Estonia' 'Poland', and look what is happening to Eastern Ukraine. It is only a few years since the Iron curtian was opened, where Europe was very much prepared for Nuclear War at short notice, against its European nieghbours.

It is mostly Nato, and its American componant, that has kept the peace in Europe, and they now have an insular ideology emerging, and NATO may be changing. I actually think Europe is in a historically similar position as it always is.

There has aways been Allies within Europe, since recorded History, from against and for Julius Ceaser, to the present, the situation today is no different, in trying to keep the peace, we make alignments. The new player on the block is the Terrorism war now growing in Europe, which adds to the new dangers.Religeous devisions in Europe have grown significantly recently, and they are changing the face, and future, of Europe, and making Europe one of the most dangerous places on earth. In my present opinion, I cannot see Europe being a more peacefull place, quite the opposite, a more frightening and dangerous place, therefore I cannot see that one day there will be total pacifism especially in Europe, not in the forseeable future I feel.
    Last edited by paul333; 20-11-17 at 16:31. Reason: spelling & Corrections

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast