The Opinion Game

Boots

Window or aisle ?

Doesn't matter - I always read on journeys, but if you have a gun to my head, I will say window.

I'm a boots person too - Doc Martens!

carpet or bare floor?

Definitely bare floor, and bare feet !! Except when it get's too cold or there's scorpions on the loose. That's when those boots, Havana Joes, kick in. :D

backtracking:
Ceiling lights
MSN
Biro

back on track:
Lights on or lights off depends. I'll probably shout on my death bed, "Scoot over ! You're blocking the light !" ~ :p
Lights on when I want to read, watch; lights off when I'm in touch with my primal fear, in a thunderstorm watching ringgu *brrr* !~ :O

World Cup. We don't get the Euro Cup in America.
????
lights on
bare floor - it's a lot easier to clean
window - definitely! I like to look at the view.
shoes
ceiling lights
MSN
pen
evening - I hate mornings
to be
moonlit night
specs - I think they look cool
jam donuts
plastic
cute does it for me everytime

proceed with caution OR dive in??

I actually hear Jam too to in America. I think it is a west coast vs. east coast thing.

And well, to the ears British English sounds nice - probably because to me it is very different than the English I hear everyday. I actually picked up a lot of British spellings when I did IB - I no longer can spell "humour" without the 'u' (same thing with a lot of other words). Also, with my friends being from around the world, I've picked up some British pronunciation in a few words too.

Born blind or deaf (with no hope of surgical treatment of any kind)? (Depressing, I know, but it is an interesting thought.)

Blind; while a dark world may take away only 3 dimensions from my imagination, a soundless one would deprive me of almost an infinity of dimensions.

As for English accent; to each his own as far as I am able, as long as I mean no insult. The beafeater hated the American accent; I've come to understand why.

I think American 'jam' is 'jelly' only in 'peanut butter & and jelly sandwich,' the rest should be the same as UK usage. And jelly should be the casual form of gelatine which also goes into jam, jello, culinary solid fuel, and napalm.

Speak now for transparancy, later for diplomacy, and never if it's to tick off WWIII. :relief:

Last edited:
I thought preserves had whole fruit, Jam had bits of fruit, and Jelly was kind of the clear smooth stuff... and marmalade had bit of orange peel....

American English... only because it is familiar.

(No question Lexico?)

Shower or Bath?

(forgot the question :O)

Shower to save time.

Dry sauna or wet sauna ?

-wet sauna, but I really don't like saunas
-shower
-born deaf - as difficult a decision as that is because I love music, it seems like blind people have a harder time doing things for themselves.
-American English because it's what I speak, but I do appreciate the sound and nuances of British English.
-Gotta have both peanut butter and jelly, but recently I've been having Puffernutters (I don't think I really like that name). My roommate got me started on them. It's peanutbutter with whipped marshmellows. It sounds kinda gross, but it's so good. Oh, and we Americans say both jelly and jam, but I usually say jelly. My grandmother says jam. It's kind of become and old style of American English.
-speak now, of course

Able to fly (as fast as a bird, not like an airplane) OR Able to become invisible??

To smile! :) ^_^ ^-^ :) :wave: :balloon: :bravo: :haihai: :hey: :happy: :happy: :win: :v: :biggrin: :wavey: :evil: << you can smile if you're evil too! lol.

Humid or dry?

This thread has been viewed 202708 times.

Back