Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum

View Poll Results: what does everyone look for in the opposite sex?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • how they look

25 21.01%
  • money

2 1.68%
  • humour

9 7.56%
  • style

5 4.20%
  • compassion

21 17.65%
  • romance

9 7.56%
  • fun

11 9.24%
  • intelligience

32 26.89%
    0 0%
  • weight

2 1.68%
  • kids

0 0%
  • nice feet

3 2.52%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: what do you look for in the opposite sex?

Baron Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsThree FriendsVeteran
    Level
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J-Y15222
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a2b5

Ethnic group
    Italian

1 members found this post helpful.

This is going to be something that differs from person to person, for me personally, there is 3 factors that are important, intelligence definitely you want to be able to have a conversation with the person you date/eventually marry, looks are important too don't get me wrong you have to be attracted to the woman you date, but keep in mind looks do fade, you won't be as good looking as you did in your 20's. So for me it's intelligence, looks and character as the three, you need to be able to able to get along and willing to accept the other persons interests and passions.

Regular Member Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 34

Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    More likely she is genetically like her mother, who picked a brute for a husband. In such case, daughter will be attracted to brute types too. Big part of sexual attraction and orientations is hardwired. We are born with it, and can't change it. On top of it there is bigger statistical chance that violent people congregate in same communities like slams or trailer parks, and have more violent friends than ordinary people. This increases their daughters merring violent men. And also by psychological point of view same characters and personalities create more attraction. In many of these marriages both parties are abusive and violent.
    But are sexual preferences really hardwired or merely constructed by association then? Can hardwiring explain bi-racial couples for example? Or why siblings, of the same parents and raised in the same household, can’t quite agree on their 'type' [/preference] for sexual partners?

Level

Ethnicity/culture – Is first. Even as a teenager I didn’t have any interest in boys, later men, who weren’t Jewish (Ashkenazi), Italian or a type of French. Or whose ancestry consisted mainly of such ancestry.

Intelligence – being rather intelligent myself I have always sought that. One can only hold a conversation with themselves, despite the blank-eyed people also in the room, for so long before it becomes tedious.

Creativity/originality – I am creative, naturally artistic. I prefer someone who has some creativity in their bones. And as important is ‘originality’ or can think for themselves. If I wanted someone to recite scripted information [e.g. the news] at me I’d turn on the BBC.

The rest, by order:
    All-round Personality [compassion, etc.]
    Career
    Family life
    Appearance – you can very easily change your appearance; just look at what makeup artists can do. But can you as easily change what [personality, mannerism, etc.] really counts?

Level

More likely she is genetically like her mother, who picked a brute for a husband. In such case, daughter will be attracted to brute types too. Big part of sexual attraction and orientations is hardwired. We are born with it, and can't change it. On top of it there is bigger statistical chance that violent people congregate in same communities like slams or trailer parks, and have more violent friends than ordinary people. This increases their daughters merring violent men. And also by psychological point of view same characters and personalities create more attraction. In many of these marriages both parties are abusive and violent.

This caught my attention. So I'll ask the questions. Is sexual attraction really hardwired then? Or is it merely constructed via association?

Both 'hardwiring' and 'growing up with it' can contribute to someone marrying an abusive/brutish spouse. While even siblings can have very different preferences.

I said above I only really had interest for a certain ethnicity/culture. Sure there's some connection. I am of Ashkenazi ancestry (maternally) & dad is of French/Italian ancestry. But I always viewed that 'interest' as more due to an association - given where I grew up & those I grew up amongst - than any sort of 'hardwiring'. Between the man, mostly of Ashkenazi ancestry, I have been involved with for years & dad the only thing they truly share is both are physically big men [tall & broad] and their intelligence. Personality, careers, mannerism, ethnicity, etc. are all different.

But a British friend, for another example, grew up in Japan. Would it be association or hardwiring why, even after moving back to England, he chose to marry a Japanese woman?
    Last edited by Highlander; 13-06-17 at 04:21.

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    This caught my attention. So I'll ask the questions. Is sexual attraction really hardwired then? Or is it merely constructed via association?

Both 'hardwiring' and 'growing up with it' can contribute to someone marrying an abusive/brutish spouse. While even siblings can have very different preferences.

I said above I only really had interest for a certain ethnicity/culture. Sure there's some connection. I am of Ashkenazi ancestry (maternally) & dad is of French/Italian ancestry. But I always viewed that 'interest' as more due to an association - given where I grew up & those I grew up amongst - than any sort of 'hardwiring'. Between the man, mostly of Ashkenazi ancestry, I have been involved with for years & dad the only thing they truly share is both are physically big men [tall & broad] and their intelligence. Personality, careers, mannerism, ethnicity, etc. are all different.

But a British friend, for another example, grew up in Japan. Would it be association or hardwiring why, even after moving back to England, he chose to marry a Japanese woman?
    In this context, hardwired means that this knowledge sits in DNA. DNA builds the your brain, creates main architecture of your brain with primal instincts. If it comes to sexual attractiveness of all the people on earth, I'm sure the hourglass body shape for women, or muscular statue of men, and nice smooth skin, red lips, young look, is hardwired. Many more things too, but it is hard to be certain at our current knowledge base.
    Be wary of people who tend to glorify the past, underestimate the present, and demonize the future.

Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 407

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L21 (R-DF13)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1 (H1h1) or (H1e1)

Ethnic group
    Spanish

For me it would really be more about how well I am connected with the opposite sex, if it's only one way then It's not very easy/can't do it to be honest. Someone who is fun and can connect very well. I mostly look for Europeans really since I can learn something from them every time so yeah I would say intelligence, compassion,humor and romance for my opinion.

btw Cute is a great bonus too

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Level
    Overall activity: 48.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

What do I look for in the opposite sex? Beauty, intelligence, culture, honesty, and a big butt :)

I just recently met a girl that has all of these attributes, and she's Italian too (fluent in the language too), from Ponza.
    There can be no covenants between men and lions

Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 407

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L21 (R-DF13)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1 (H1h1) or (H1e1)

Ethnic group
    Spanish

Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    What do I look for in the opposite sex? Beauty, intelligence, culture, honesty, and a big butt :)

I just recently met a girl that has all of these attributes, and she's Italian too, from Ponza.
    Nice one man that sounds great man, hopefully it will go well with her

Veteran5000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

Level
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5a

Ethnic group
    Swiss

For me, i think it's very progressive. First, i have to be physically attracted. Secondly, humour, culture, are a must have for merely anoybody i believe. The last but not least, we have to be very reciprocal to each other, so both see to the other something that we dont ( or dont want [ because only attracted to that person ] to ) see in other people.

Level
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Looks - red hair. My "type", 1st had dark auburn hair.

Intelligence
    Culture/Personality
    Job/Goals

1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 392

I demand Cooking 😁

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Level
    Overall activity: 48.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by noman View Post
    I demand Cooking 😁
    I think both should know how to cook, though. Take turns; help each other as a team.

I like to prepare food for people. It's something I would like to master.

100 Experience Points31 days registered
    Level
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 5.0%

intelligence and weight, I am not really into overweight guy

Mrs. Smith Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 74

I wasn't original. Voted for the look and intelligence

Level
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 18

In this context, hardwired means that this knowledge sits in DNA. DNA builds the your brain, creates main architecture of your brain with primal instincts. If it comes to sexual attractiveness of all the people on earth, I'm sure the hourglass body shape for women, or muscular statue of men, and nice smooth skin, red lips, young look, is hardwired. Many more things too, but it is hard to be certain at our current knowledge base.
    Such things are cultural not genetic.

In some countries, regions, & tribal areas as example severe body modification - such as the "long" neck modification of the Padaung, the larger a plate a Mursi woman can fit in her stretched bottom lip the better, or the purposely breaking & taping of Chinese women's feet to be as small as possible - is attractive & other concepts of beauty (muscular bodies, rosy cheeks, hourglass shape, etc.) are either irrelevant or simply not appealing.

1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 115

It is very important that a person be close to you in spirit. Sex or money or something else is already an adjective. Life will be boring if it is not YOUR man or woman!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567